Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010! | Page 89 | Golden Skate

Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010!

Koboldspike

Rinkside
injury

Aaargh! Evgeni is injured??? That`s awful, because he missed a training week already because of his flu.Hope he gets better soon. Medusa, same wish to you. Gute Besserung! Laughed a lot about your comment on your accident and Lysaceks marks.:rock: Schiele, have you lived in Germany? Because of your German, I mean...

Medusa

Record Breaker
Oh noooooo! We will have an Olympic podium with Lysacek, Chan and Oda. Plushenko has to be okay. Please!!!

I think some banners have a certain "curse-ability". E.g. this banner
[IMG2="http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u226/medusajames/Banners%20-%20Figure%20Skating/DreamPodium.jpg"]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u226/medusajames/Banners%20-%20Figure%20Skating/DreamPodium.jpg[/IMG2]​
I made at the beginning of last season. The following happened that season 1) Stéphane retired, 2) Takahashi got his knee injury and was out for the entire season - and then 3) Weir didn't make the World Team. I will never ever do a dream podium banner again!!

Thanks for all the good wishes, I certainly need them. Not because of the fall, but because of the psychological trauma that occurred because Lysacek was named 8th wonder of the world. And I mean, seriously! What's with all those people complaining about Plushenko's and Joubert's PCS, when Mr. Windmill-check! gets so much that I think the judges must confuse him with someone else. Perhaps the gelled-back hair reminds them of Stéphane's Flamenco? That's plausible. Right?

schiele

Final Flight
Perhaps the gelled-back hair reminds them of Stéphane's Flamenco? That's plausible. Right?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Oh no, now this is too much!

Ok guys (oops I mean girls, just figure of speech) if this keeps going at this rate I also see the olympic podium in my crystal ball and no offense to the fans of those skaters but it'll take me a very very long time to recover from such a nightmare. Seniorita, whereever those wuthering heights are, please inform me when you plan to jump off cos I'll join you!
Re Plush, is this the same knee that he had the surgery on??? Any news?
I think I should change my User title now to 'Rooting for the injured and the meltdown king'. Now it's only the meltdown king that is not injured but then again he does not need to be cos he's the king of total meltdowns! :laugh::laugh:
Shall I put down my banner too???? Are the banners the real reason for the jinxes?

PS: Koboldspike, I did not live in Germany but I completed a German highschool so 8 years of German education and German up-bringing.. I have to say it does not come in handy in Turkey, which is the exact opposite pole of Germany in terms of mentality. :rofl::rofl:

plushyta

On the Ice
Oh god
Evgeni injured his knee yesterday, stopped training (till Russian Nationals?:eek:)
Because of the strain knee ligaments ice king canceled training and demonstrations

On Saturday, Evgeni Plushenko was to take part in presentations on sports award "Crystal Ice".
But today, the famous athlete is seriously injured in training - a tear knee ligaments.
Olympic champion coached the most difficult jump, who planned to demonstrate in exemplary performances in Moscow.
Not tear - strain popliteal ligaments :cry:

Evgeni - get well sooooooooon! :agree:
Olympics waiting
just for you! :yes:

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Thanks seniorita & plushyta for the latest news. :)

I hope all the athletes will not overtrain, but rather just train like normal, so they don't overdue it & possibly take oneself out of the Olympics prematurely.

I'm thinking of one of my all-time favorite pairs' team ~ Sarah Abitbol & Stephane Bernadis ~ how Sarah overtrained the throw 3A so much that she ended up rupturing the ligaments in the heel of her landing foot 1 month prior to the 2002 Olympics (had to have surgery), and in the process they had to withdraw. :( She was never the same after that. Therefore, it is better to train like normal, not overdue it.

Mao comes to mind when I say the aforementioned -- after her last competition at Rostelecom Cup, she said she would attempt & land 100 triple axels in a row ~ because she had watched Evgeni land his quad right out of the starting block without any preparation, she figured if she landed 100 triple axels then she too would be able to land her 3A without any preparation beforehand, leastways that's the way I interpreted her words. Still, after that statement by Mao, my mouth was agape imagining how wore out she would be by the time of the Olympics. But she knows herself better than I so I have complete trust in whatever she needs to do to feel confident. However, I personally think it's all about confidence, for ALL athletes. But hey, if it worked for Tara Lipinski (& it obviously did), then I say so be it for Mao.

That said, once again I reiterate, *do not overtrain*. One is taking chances by overtraining. JMHO.

:rock::rock::party::party2:GOOOOOOOOO EVGENI!!!!!!!!!!!!!:party2::party::love::love:

***remember, pace yourself & save yourself for the BIG ONE***

jennylovskt

Medalist
Not tear - strain popliteal ligaments:cry:

Ah, I love a quote from the movie "The Sound Of Music". It said, "When the lord closes the door, some way he opens the window."

If it's not tear, we still have hope. I just hope that he fully recovers soon and not to practice the crazy jumps like 3A-4T any more (don't know what kind of difficult jumps he was practicing when he got injured?). If he really wants, he could practice them after the Olympics, and show them in the following year's Worlds.:)

Seniorita, if Plushenko, Joubert, or Lambiel, in short, if the top quad guys couldn't be at the Olympics, if the triple guy got the king's title, I would definitely join you.:cry:

Last edited:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I dont know but at least one of them and/or stephan have to be fine by Olympics day cause otherwise I see my crystal ball and I see Medusa dropping from the weathering heights that night.
And I will follow her. I think Buttercup and Jenny will join us as well.
I can live with Oda, he's a good skater. It's his coach I can't stand, but if Nobu skates well, he can have the bronze :biggrin:. Chan I want off the podium for his own good, so that he'll maybe rethink his strategy and stop skating Lori Nichol programs. I saw his EX, which was choreographed Browning - it was fun. With the right incentives and choreo, he could be amazing, so he must not medal now. Lysacek I want off the podium because I can't stand his skating. Sorry to any Lysacek fans present.

If it's not tear, we still have hope. I just hope that he fully recovers soon and not to practice the crazy jumps like 3A-4T any more (don't know what kind of difficult jumps he was practicing when he got injured?). If he really wants, he could practice them after the Olympics, and show them in the following year's Worlds.:)
Evgeney needs to realize that there are limits to what his body can do. I've been concerned that he might jeopardize his health training jumps he shouldn't or not being cautious enough, and I'm not at all pleased to hear that he has done that. Maybe it was a normal 4-3 combo but he has to be more careful. He's not 18 any more.

I've heard Stephane has been looking off-form at Swiss Nats, so that's cause for concern (here's a link, is that part of his SP at Nats?). Joubert is already training some of the easier triples, but I think he's not taking any unnecessary risks. Hopefully. I'm worried about the Euro guys. I hope to see them in better shape next month and at Olys. :)

Last edited:

janetfan

Match Penalty
I've heard Stephane has been looking off-form at Swiss Nats, so that's cause for concern (here's a link, is that part of his SP at Nats?). Joubert is already training some of the easier triples, but I think he's not taking any unnecessary risks. Hopefully. I'm worried about the Euro guys. I hope to see them in better shape next month and at Olys. :)

Don't worry so much and hopefully the top Euro guys will be in good shape for Vancouver. It would be ashame if Plush, Lambiel or Joubert were not able to compete at their best in February.

If that is not possible then you still have Tomas ......:)

seniorita

Record Breaker
Which is the right moment for me to start freaking out?!?
No actual news yet, i ve seen different kind of comments about his knee, his ankle, what the..? :no:
I m changing the banner, I knew this stupid fluffy white thing is good for nothing:scowl:
And it didnt even look like a leopard to begin with...:frown:

I just saw the video of Lambiel, thank you B, i had completely forgotten about swiss nationals. His jumps look not the best but his footwork, spins are great and the last headless spin is out of this world. I so have missed little zebrah!

seniorita

Record Breaker
thanx for the article Ximena, my heart went a bit back to its place..
although minor injury is a bit general comment, what they mean by it, it s only them who know....

Ximena

Final Flight
http://spb.kp.ru/online/news/586546/

(direct from online translator)

Yes, to Eugene only today have made procedure, - Alexey Mishin has told to "the Komsomol truth» - And now to guess about that, what is the time will leave on rehabilitation silly. It will show a life. I hope that on our plans to get on the Olympic Games to Vancouver it will not be reflected.

Do we have a chance to see Eugene piterskom ice during the Championship of Russia figure skating? - We asked a mentor Plushenko.

- A chance remains, - said Mishin.

babyalligator

On the Ice
Which is the right moment for me to start freaking out?!?
No actual news yet, i ve seen different kind of comments about his knee, his ankle, what the..? :no:
I m changing the banner, I knew this stupid fluffy white thing is good for nothing:scowl:
And it didnt even look like a leopard to begin with...:frown:

I just saw the video of Lambiel, thank you B, i had completely forgotten about swiss nationals. His jumps look not the best but his footwork, spins are great and the last headless spin is out of this world. I so have missed little zebrah!

oh no! i really liked the snow leopard. it was really cute >x<
there's still time for plushy's recovery =^.^=

Nadine

Record Breaker
I wouldn't worry about this, Zhenya has had a history of injuries (& a couple of surgeries), and always managed to bounce back, especially in time for the Olympics. It's par for the course.

Case in point, the 2001/2002 season, wherein he dealth with groin, ankle, knee, and back pain throughout. He started out said season winning the Goodwill Games, then he pulled his groin shortly before the Sparkassen Cup (yet managed to win), then at COR he tried the quad lutz but fell, then he had to withdraw from NHK due to said groin injury. Finally, at the GPF he also injured his ankle during practice (besides having to deal with the groin injury), yet managed to place second. And won his 4th National Title, but had to withdraw from the European Championships because of more injuries. But managed to come back the next month & win the silver medal at the 2002 Olympic Games.

Similar events happened to him during the 2005/2006 season as well, complete with Evgeni having had to undergo groin surgery, but as we all know he is a fighter! And he came back & won the gold medal at the 2006 Olympics in spectacular fashion.:cool:

:clap::thumbsup::love::rock::agree:GOOOOOO EVGENI!!!!:love::thumbsup::rock::agree::clap:

i love to skate

Medalist
Chan I want off the podium for his own good, so that he'll maybe rethink his strategy and stop skating Lori Nichol programs. I saw his EX, which was choreographed Browning - it was fun. With the right incentives and choreo, he could be amazing, so he must not medal now.

I'm going to pretend you didn't just say that Buttercup ;):laugh:

I hope Plushenko feels better soon although I do hope he stops trying these ridiculous jump combinations. He needs to focus on polishing his programs and adding transitions and choreography. I wish that all the men that have been injured this year are full strength at the Olympics - and hopefully I can provide a bit of practice reports on them when they are there! :biggrin: