Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010! | Page 88 | Golden Skate

Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010!

Milas

Rinkside
just when I start to like you, you say something like this, Ant! Seriously! :laugh::rofl: okay, not that seriously.

:laugh:

It's true. Plushenko has actually toned down the amount of flapping and several other skaters have him beaten in that regard. Evan Lysacek though, is the king of flapping and he doesn't just flap throughout the step sequences but the seemingly random flaps can be seen throughout his programmes. He remembers to check the flapping while going through the motions but he can't seem to check the 3A? His take-off is scary and awkward, and the landing not much better. Sometimes it's just one arm doing the "how to swat a fly" choreography, other times both his long arms (and legs) moves in a manner that suggests he's paddling, sometimes back paddling, through the air (I kid a little :) ). Maybe because he's so tall and lanky it gives the illusion of very big movements.

Last edited:

plushyta

On the Ice
Well you know what - the steps i didn't think were that bad...maybe because since 2006 everyone is flapping their arms so Plush didn't seem as "flappy" as before ...
It is now called: "choreography" :laugh:

Thanks for fair analysis, without bashing :agree:

P.S.... Plushy will NOT participate in the tournament "Panin Memorial" 10/11 decembre :cool:... probably on show "Crystal Ice" 12.12 in Moscow, which organized Averbukh :p ... there will be and Yagudin - not known yet, whether to have a joint number :rofl:

schiele

Final Flight
Stork?Lol, i always thought this was a penguin:laugh:

Plushy I guess :think:.....I suppose the beak gave him away:rolleye:

Wow, penguins have changed since I last saw them.. :rofl::rofl:
Well, the beak totally gives him away.. However, that also means the shiny curveball is Yagudin.. :scratch::think: Well if we make him a handsome shiny athletic curveball, then maybe yes.. :laugh::laugh:
Although seriously, seeing Plush and Yagudin in an ice show would be heaven.. I want to see both of them live at least once.. Maybe we'll get to see Plush this May with his Kings on ice tour in Turkey, at least that's what's been promised to us.. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ximena

Final Flight
New interview, he talks a little bit about Lutai

How did you react to the news about Andrei Lutai in America?
I was so surprised and I couldn't believe it. It was not like him at all. Now he has time to feel sorry and prove his repentance to the sports. So he needs to be on the ice and work, work, work...

Some people think you are part guilty in this story, that because you came back, you have taken his place on the national team and Mishin gives more attention to you.
Let's start with the fact that I didn't took anyone place, I just came back to mine. Also I won't say that Alexei Nikolaevich left him to his fate, after all at the competition he was in America with him and not in Petersburg with me.

The rest on the link
http://evgenyplushenkodevotion.yuku...eback-Regionals-events-Finland-GP-Nats--.html

plushyta

On the Ice
New interview, he talks a little bit about Lutai

... Also I won't say that Alexei Nikolaevich left him to his fate,...
Thanks for translation, Ximena :agree: .... little "correction":
".... And I would NOT say that Alexei Nikolaevich threw him on the arbitrariness of fate...." ;)

Quote from Plushenko:
Let's start with the fact that I didn't took anyone place, I just came back to mine.
So true. He sounded almost like a lawer.:laugh::agree:
No, like a owner! :p

seniorita

Record Breaker
Thank you Ximena for the interview:)
Strange question at the end, seems like the journalist wanted to put extra drama out of nowhere...
I have more important things, firstly were is Medusa??
And secondly i want to launch my christmas sig:biggrin:

schiele

Final Flight
Thank you Ximena for the interview:)
Strange question at the end, seems like the journalist wanted to put extra drama out of nowhere...

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I was definetely thinking what the hell that fluffy kitten was supposed to be until I read the explanation that Ant mentioned.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Here!!! Basically two things happened: I was so disgusted with the GPF (Lysacek as the 8th wonder of the world, Suzuki getting marks as if she was Mira Leung for a solid, great 7 Triples program), that couldn't bring myself to post anything figure skating related for several days. I also was at home and sometime Saturday during noon, I fell off a 1,7m tall horse, at full speed right into the mudd. I still think it must have been right at the moment where Lysacek got the PCS for the long program. Got lots of bruises, can't bend my left knee properly, contusion of some ribs. :mad: But at least it must have looked funny, my sister is still quite amused.

And I love the new signature!! :rock::rock:

schiele

Final Flight
sometime Saturday during noon, I fell off a 1,7m tall horse, at full speed right into the mudd. I still think it must have been right at the moment where Lysacek got the PCS for the long program.

Sorry to hear that, I wish you a speedy recovery and Gute Besserung. :)
Not to mock your injury but the second part of that quote almost made me fall off my chair with laughter.. :rofl::rofl:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Oh god
Evgeni injured his knee yesterday, stopped training (till Russian Nationals?:eek:) and cancelled his appearance on Averbukh 's show.
I jinxed him with the signature?
I ll die!
no official news only this
- Because of the strain knee ligaments ice king canceled training and demonstrations

On Saturday, Evgeni Plushenko was to take part in presentations on sports award "Crystal Ice".
But today, the famous athlete is seriously injured in training - a tear knee ligaments.
Olympic champion coached the most difficult jump, who planned to demonstrate in exemplary performances in Moscow.

Alas, the injury occurred.

- I apologize to fans and organizers of the "Crystal Ice", but sports is sports. Due to injury I can not take part in the demonstration speeches - said "KP" Evgeni. - The leg is still very sore, the doctors of our team is also aware of the injury. Two weeks later championship of Russia, it is much more important demonstration performances for me.

Because there will be a question of my getting into the national team, about my participation in the Olympics. Therefore, I took this difficult decision with my coach Alexei Nikolaevich Mishin - to stop training and treat injury. I hope that everything will be fine and I manage to recover to the Russian Championships.
Medusa I m glad you are back, you are ok?
I still think it must have been right at the moment where Lysacek got the PCS for the long program.
oh I missed you a lot in gpf;)Sorry i cant laugh I m freaking out right now!

jennylovskt

Medalist
I fell off a 1,7m tall horse, at full speed right into the mudd. I still think it must have been right at the moment where Lysacek got the PCS for the long program.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Sorry, I laughed.

Hope you feel better now and completely recover soon. I am afraid that you have to avoid riding horses during Olympics men's skating.:biggrin:

seniorita

Record Breaker
First Joubert, now this! The skating gods are not on my side. :(:(:(:(

I dont know but at least one of them and/or stephan have to be fine by Olympics day cause otherwise I see my crystal ball and I see Medusa dropping from the weathering heights that night.
And I will follow her. I think Buttercup and Jenny will join us as well.