Polina Kostiukovich & Dmitrii Ialin | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Polina Kostiukovich & Dmitrii Ialin

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Who they switched to? And what caused this exodus?
Akhantieva / Kolesov to Fedor Klimov in Sochi, Kostiukovich / Briuhanov to Nina Mozer team in Moscow.
I think, A/K wanted some coaching change to reset their career. About Polina they say she fell in love with an ice-dancer from Moscow and wants to be closer to him. If that is true, then it's some kind of deja vu. (It reminds me of Stolbova / Klimov switching to Mozer when Ksenia was in love with Dmitrii Soloviev. But of course for S/K it was not the main reason for the relocating and changing the coaching team).

icetug

Medalist
Akhantieva / Kolesov to Fedor Klimov in Sochi, Kostiukovich / Briuhanov to Nina Mozer team in Moscow.
I think, A/K wanted some coaching change to reset their career. About Polina they say she fell in love with an ice-dancer from Moscow and wants to be closer to him. If that is true, then it's some kind of deja vu. (It reminds me of Stolbova / Klimov switching to Mozer when Ksenia was in love with Dmitrii Soloviev. But of course for S/K it was not the main reason for the relocating and changing the coaching team).
Thank you very much for the info. Polina for me is still a little girl so it's hard to believe she could decide on such a change in her life. Anyway, I wish all of them all the best in new teams.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Some picture of Dmitrii with Hanna Abrazevic:

Abrazevic-Ialin.png

But I don't know whether it means something, Abrazevic participated in some ice shows recently.

Last edited:

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
It's probably for a show. With 10cm height difference and this much time out of competition, it's hard to believe that they would be engaging in anything of an elite competition level. Polina also just today posted something about coaching, I hope it is just a side gig but in the midst of the conflict/lack of funding and everything else happening, I hope that her career hasn't also come to an end.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Hanna is rather tall (164cm) so if Polina was told to outgrew Dima, I'd say Hanna doesn't fit him either...
Although I do think that KI height difference would have been fine, Polina is still short enough. People told Polina that she was getting too heavy for Dima, and though they managed some decent performances at the last season together, it was while Polina was on unsustainable diets trying to maintain an unsustainably low weight.