Practice report/clips | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Practice report/clips

tilak

On the Ice
"Troubles with a 3A in practice, huh?"
:scratch: I'm really questioning that Johnny is really having any problems. What I read on the other board was that the person only saw Johnny doing single and double jumps in practice after arriving there late.
In fact this is what was said: "Johnny's 3 axel was not there, lots of singles and doubles. However, this is what happened in the second half of the practice, after I got there."

bubbleyum

On the Ice
another yuna video

hope this is not a double post. but just saw this on youtube as well. it's more of an interview, but shows yuna practicing at cup of china towards the end. i'm so glad that brian orser helped yuna fix her spiral!! much much better,..

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7OR-H_Wr3Go

so excited now~~~

Last edited:

BelleFilleYuna

On the Ice
hope this is not a double post. but just saw this on youtube as well. it's more of an interview, but shows yuna practicing at cup of china towards the end. i'm so glad that brian orser helped yuna fix her spiral!! much much better,..

so excited now~~~

Yay~~
Isn't it great that Orser is soooo the right person for Yuna??
I'm glad that Yuna chose to be with him instead of going for the big name.

bubbleyum

On the Ice
yeah, the japanese media must really like yuna to fly all the way out to canada to interview yuna. they could've just waited till they went to china. nice to see she is getting lotsa love. :) nice to see queen kwan in a long time too.

looks like brian orser is taking yuna's elements and making them more dramatic. i remember in an interview him saying that they're working on spirals and spins cause those are her weakest elements.

yuna looks so skinny though, in the first video. they said she lost weight on purpose so her jumps would be lighter or something like that...

Last edited:

BelleFilleYuna

On the Ice
yeah, the japanese media must really like yuna to fly all the way out to canada to interview yuna. they could've just waited till they went to china. nice to see she is getting lotsa love. :) nice to see queen kwan in a long time too.

Tell me about it!!
I think figure skating is really hot in Japan and they love to promote it by boosting up the rivalry. And I should be thankful to them since we don't have much coverage on Yuna, especially during the off-season. Glad to see Yuna studying english so hard, wanting to communicate better with her coach. She knows exactly what she needs to do.

BTW I wish Yuna can meet Kwan someday, maybe she'll just freeze!!:laugh:

BelleFilleYuna

On the Ice

looks like brian orser is taking yuna's elements and making them more dramatic. i remember in an interview him saying that they're working on spirals and spins cause those are her weakest elements.

yuna looks so skinny though, in the first video. they said she lost weight on purpose so her jumps would be lighter or something like that...

I'm becoming very talkative, eager to reply to your post!!:laugh:

I heard that Yuna lost her weight, like 3kilos, two months ago.
Surprised that Yuna, one of the skinniest skater had a problem with jumps as she gained few kilos. But I think that was a clever move since her jumps got even better with some weight loss. The problem would be her stamina, but she's been repeatedly saying that she is healthier, stronger than last season, so I'm not worrying much about that either.

Let's just wait and see.
Only six hours from now and I can't wait!!!

bubbleyum

On the Ice
I'm becoming very talkative, eager to reply to your post!!:laugh:

I heard that Yuna lost her weight, like 3kilos, two months ago.
Surprised that Yuna, one of the skinniest skater had a problem with jumps as she gained few kilos. But I think that was a clever move since her jumps got even better with some weight loss. The problem would be her stamina, but she's been repeatedly saying that she is healthier, stronger than last season, so I'm not worrying much about that either.

Let's just wait and see.
Only six hours from now and I can't wait!!!

:laugh: can't waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiitttt!!!!! aggggghhhhhhh!!!

kandidy

Final Flight
Oh my god, she is so skinny!
I heard from long time ago that Yuna was not allowed to eat snack. Only just her three meals per day.
poor girl, she missed chocolate and icecream! No wonder these athletes had sacrificed so many things in life.

cosmos

On the Ice
I heard from long time ago that Yuna was not allowed to eat snack. Only just her three meals per day.

Not in off-season, as far as I know. I think this was the first severe diet she has had, Before then, she didn't care much about her weight, because she does not easily gain weight.

lysacekaya

Spectator
Evan Lysacek looked unwell in the practice and left early today, not sure if it's serious. he did a good routine to Tosca though, hit all the jumps except the quad and the 2nd 3A, both were a bit stepped-out.
overall, I was not impressed by any man's jump today, but I was talking with an ISU officer during the 2nd group so maybe I missed something.

Last edited:

Kykyryza

Spectator
"Troubles with a 3A in practice, huh?"
:scratch"

i could suggest it was just the beginning of practice for him, even if it was the end of it in general. i guess it's usual thing to start practicing with singles. i honestly hardly can imagine Johnny popped many of his jumps (well, I actually can, in the middle of his LP, but this is not the case, right?). so, no worries for me ;)

fenway

On the Ice
Evan Lysacek looked unwell in the practice and left early today, not sure if it's serious. he did a good routine to Tosca though, hit all the jumps except the quad and the 2nd 3A, both were a bit stepped-out.
overall, I was not impressed by any man's jump today, but I was talking with an ISU officer during the 2nd group so maybe I missed something.

Evan looked unwell as in sick or injured? Man alive that poor guy gets sick at the worst times :(