Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Keegan:

SP.
Nice opening 4T-3T. Pop on 3A I think.
Takes long pause, speaks to coach.
Cool split air jump into 3Lz.

Wouldn't be my choice of music, but he is a very strong spinner/jumper bar that one mistake.

Nimyue

On the Ice
Saving energy, I think. You don’t want to leave everything in practice on a competition day. Especially when they’ve got the FS tomorrow.

Since live stream is geo blocked for me and others outside Canada, if you or anyone else have thoughts/ reports on how the guys look at practice this morning, we would be grateful- thanks!

If you use chrome, the Hola extension works to watch the stream.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Jason:

SP.
3F. Smooth. High-leg kicks everywhere!
3A. Smooth.
Takes a pause.
3Lz-3T. Nice.
Great spin.
Missed the last bit of choreo.

If he jumps like that tonight, should be a good score!

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Samohin did land a quad at one point, but then whiffed all his jumps in the run-through.

Jason’s 3A looks good.

Nimyue

On the Ice
Jason:

SP.
3A. Smooth.
Takes a pause.
3Lz-3T. Nice.
Great spin.

That 3Lz covered soooo much ice.... his 3A is just effortless looking too.

I'm such a fangirl :love:

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Shoma:

SP

YES to the purple velvet!

I think avoids doing 4F. Long pause.

Comes back in when the music changes tempo. Some of steps, all quite low energy.

Unless I missed something, he didn't do a jump.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I am no expert, but it could be to perfect more the rest of the program, non-jumping elements, focus maybe on spins' level, step sequence, 'gelling' the program more in terms of performance/expression, to have that freedom to focus more on this side of program and just conserve the energy like Tavi said above for later to power up with jumps.

Not much spinning and steps either... Ted said they want to get a feeling for the ice... so what do I know..

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Samarin:

4Lz off lean, harsh fall.

3A, low + GOE?

Pause

Lots of energy in the steps.

I may have missed the 3rd jumping pass, or maybe he didn't attempt it.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Notes from Ted's ending commentary:

Many great skaters on the ice :thumbsup:

Samarin - Ted says timing is critical. Saw him as a junior. Hopes he can land the 4Lz tonight.
Kazuki and Jason take bows. Jason - 'such a nice young man, polite, present and calm'
Nam - long career, started at 8 as national juvenile champion. Lots of experience.

Now for ice-resurfacing, then ice dance!

- - - Updated - - -

Don't know who the last skater was, but I freakin love that music.

Green top? Alexander Samarin I think

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Wow, Keegan rotates so quickly. Yes he popped the 3-axel

Jason solid! My favorite program for him ever. He’ll be in top three after the short.

Shoma no jumps, just feeling the ice or whatever

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Yup! Your comment of top of mine wasn't there when I started typing! I really love his music, and I think they played it yesterday but he wasn't there.

You're right - he missed the 1st practice session but I think came to the 2nd to do his FS run through

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Jason:

SP.
3A. Smooth.
Takes a pause.
3Lz-3T. Nice.
Great spin.

Huh, layout change since ACI (3F was in the bonus, but he got an edge call). Sounds promising. I really like his short.

Hope Kazuki has a better skate in competition than in practice. Roo! I’m rooting for you!

Too bad we can’t have a tech panel warm-up on stream. The real question is whether Canada is going to be Canadian polite or follow America’s lead in doling out UR calls.

ETA: Practice footage is being uploaded to YouTube, with names in the video titles. Happy viewing!

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Huh, layout change since ACI (3F was in the bonus, but he got an edge call). Sounds promising. I really like his short.

Hope Kazuki has a better skate in competition than in practice. Roo! I’m rooting for you!

Too bad we can’t have a tech panel warm-up on stream. The real question is whether Canada is going to be Canadian polite or follow America’s lead in doling out UR calls.

Don't count 100% on my PBP being accurate as to which jump - I used a combination of planned program and visuals (I'm still learning how to tell between them!) but either way, the 3F is his first planned jumping pass.

I'd predict Canadian polite...:think:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Notes from Ted's ending commentary:

Many great skaters on the ice :thumbsup:

Samarin - Ted says timing is critical. Saw him as a junior. Hopes he can land the 4Lz tonight.
Kazuki and Jason take bows. Jason - 'such a nice young man, polite, present and calm'
Nam - long career, started at 8 as national juvenile champion. Lots of experience.

Now for ice-resurfacing, then ice dance!

- - - Updated - - -

Green top? Alexander Samarin I think

@Tabsy, thank you so much for all your posts - very much appreciated! A good or bad practice doesn’t always correlate to competition (Shoma in particular usually does well in competition even if he looks not so great in practice) - but it’s still really great to hear how things are going. Wishing the best for all the guys today!

I was lucky enough to meet Ted briefly at ACI - he’s great!

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
@Tabsy, thank you so much for all your posts - very much appreciated! A good or bad practice doesn’t always correlate to competition (Shoma in particular usually does well in competition even if he looks not so great in practice) - but it’s still really great to hear how things are going. Wishing the best for all the guys today!

I was lucky enough to meet Ted briefly at ACI - he’s great!

No worries!

I read somewhere, maybe here or Twitter I can't remember, that the worse Shoma does in practice, the better in competition and they were worried because his first practice had looked too good :laugh: so maybe this will even out that!

Yet to go to a competition live so haven't met Ted, but I've sent him an email with my thanks for his JGP coverage :)

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Can't do PBP for dance as I need to do some work, but I'll drop back in for the ladies hopefully :)