Practice Reports! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Practice Reports!

Sloopy

On the Ice
Vincent Zhou was on fire. Very nice program and his jumps look effortless. I'm thinking he may be a darkhorse and under the radar.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Vincent Zhou was on fire. Very nice program and his jumps look effortless. I'm thinking he may be a darkhorse and under the radar.

I agree.

That said he doesn't have the senior TES (he W/D from the event he was assigned to get those TES) so he is unlikely to be able to go to 4CC if he's top 3 (the only senior B planned on USFSA's calendar after nationals is actually on the same weekend). But if he's top 2, he can go to Bavarian Open to get the TES for Worlds.

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Ah. Reminds me of two years ago when Tara Lipinski said that Nathan Chen could be a dark horse and take over. Well she was one year early on that prediction lol.

Sloopy

On the Ice
Nathan Chen. No other words need to be spoken by me but I'll say just say a couple more. Throwing out quads like triple jumps! He could add another rotation on a couple of them.šŸ˜²

frida80

Record Breaker
Nathan Chen. No other words need to be spoken by me but I'll say just say a couple more. Throwing out quads like triple jumps! He could add another rotation on a couple of them.šŸ˜²

You're there? What did you see?

Sloopy

On the Ice
You're there? What did you see?
Yes, I'm at the arena. Nathan's jump technique is flawless. No superfluous motion, lightening quick rotation and great height. Where he needs some seasoning is in his presentation... he's right at that precarious stage of transitioning from a boy to a man. However, he's going to be tough to beat in my opinion.

frida80

Record Breaker
Yes, I'm at the arena. Nathan's jump technique is flawless. No superfluous motion, lightening quick rotation and great height. Where he needs some seasoning is in his presentation... he's right at that precarious stage of transitioning from a boy to a man. However, he's going to be tough to beat in my opinion.

:love:

I am soooo envious of you right now! I wish I could see this in person too! I heard he did a 4S. Is that true?

sheetz

Record Breaker

Does he only have 4S? I can't see him being in the top 3 without at least 3 quads in the free program.

Sloopy

On the Ice
Emmanuel Savary must have grown about 3 feet since I first saw him back novice in 2011. Seems to be struggling with the jumps...could be because he's so tall now. Beautiful posture and engaging. Looks up while skating.

Sloopy

On the Ice
Does he only have 4S? I can't see him being in the top 3 without at least 3 quads in the free program.
He may only have the one quad, but everything else is quite wonderful. Skated clean, he could end up in the top five if he upped his TES as Mrs. P mentioned.

sheetz

Record Breaker
He may only have the one quad, but everything else is quite wonderful. Skated clean, he could end up in the top five if he upped his TES as Mrs. P mentioned.

For sure i can see Vincent as top 5. However TSL was saying he could be top 3, or even on the world team!

Sloopy

On the Ice
:love:

I am soooo envious of you right now! I wish I could see this in person too! I heard he did a 4S. Is that true?
Having trouble pulling in all of the quotes while on my phone so please pardon me if it looks like I'm not following the string of quotes.

I'm pretty sure Nathan landed a 4S right in front of where I'm sitting. I could be wrong as he moves so quickly, and I'm a little sleep deprived. šŸ˜©