Practice Reports! | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Practice Reports!

Sloopy

On the Ice
Jason Brown. No quad attempt in the short. Landed 3S combination (?), 3A and doubled every thing else. He is so beautiful on the ice and engaging even with a sub par run through. Outstanding skating skills, deep knees and edges. It has to be hard not to reward his programs if he has a tough competition.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Jason Brown. No quad attempt in the short. Landed 3S combination (?), 3A and doubled every thing else. He is so beautiful on the ice and engaging even with a sub par run through. Outstanding skating skills, deep knees and edges. It has to be hard not to reward his programs if he has a tough competition.

Here's a video. https://www.instagram.com/p/BPaoTQChNDa/

It looks like he singled the 3A here. Did he land it outside the run through? His 3f-3t looked nice.

frida80

Record Breaker

I wasn't expecting a quad. I hope he'll be ready by Friday. :(

KatGrace1925

Medalist

andromache

Record Breaker
It seems like experimenting with Gracie's jump layout this season was not ideal. I have no idea what jumps she is going to do, it seems to have changed each competition and run through.

Based on Jackie's notes, it appears she was out there just doing jumps, not a run-through.

ETA: Or just a badly-done version of the same LP layout she's been doing all season, with tons of jumps before and after the actual run-through.

Last edited:

KatGrace1925

Medalist
Based on Jackie's notes, it appears she was out there just doing jumps, not a run-through.

ETA: Or just a badly-done version of the same LP layout she's been doing all season, with tons of jumps before and after the actual run-through.

I wish I was there, hearing all this information is too much, my brain is running wild wondering how this will all turn out!

mrrice

Record Breaker
Wow, Hicks trying 3F-3Lo?

Wow, I've had a feeling about her all season. I hope she can hold it together and have a great skate in the SP. I'm still worried about Gracie but, Ashley is looking great. The Ladies don't skate until Friday, right? If so, I'm hoping Gracie's just feeling her way into the event. At this point, I just want to know how her speed is. In the video I saw, Ashley was really flying and so was Mariah Bell. Mariah's jumps didn't look that great but, she is fast and surprisingly tall..

Last edited:

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I think we are all worried about Gracie. I'm thinking about not watching her skate until I see her scores first.

KatGrace1925

Medalist
Wow, I've had a feeling about her all season. I hope she can hold it together and have a great skate in the SP. I'm still worried about Gracie but, Ashley is looking great. The Ladies don't skate until Friday, right? If so, I'm hoping Gracie's just feeling her way into the event. At this point, I just want to know how her speed is. In the video I saw, Ashley was really flying and so was Mariah Bell. Mariah's jumps didn't look that great but, she is fast and surprisingly tall..

The Ladies skate Thursday.