Predictions? | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Predictions?

shanm

Rinkside
Predictions

I think if everyone skates clean the resuts will come out like this:

1. Kimmie Meissner( History can take you a long way)
2. Caroline Zhang
3. Mirai Nagasu
4. Alissa Czisny
5. Ashley Wagner
6. Emily Hughes
7. Beatrisa Liang
I don't want to sound harsh, but Ashley Wagner reminds me of the skater who everyone loves when they first come on the scene, but as soon as they are there for a while, everyone starts to notice their flaws. For example, when Emily Hughes first came on the scene people really loved her, but after a season or two everyone started to complain about her flaws.

Eddie Lee

On the Ice
I don't want to sound harsh, but Ashley Wagner reminds me of the skater who everyone loves when they first come on the scene, but as soon as they are there for a while, everyone starts to notice their flaws. For example, when Emily Hughes first came on the scene people really loved her, but after a season or two everyone started to complain about her flaws.

From the first time I saw Wagner skate, she reminded me of Emily. Both bring such energy and enthusiasm to their performances.

chacha

Rinkside
Nationals prediction

Ladies; Caroline,Kimmie, Mirai, Rachael,Ashley,Emily
Men; Evan, Johnny, Stephen, Jeremy, Bradley
Pairs; Mc/Brubaker, Evora/Ladwig, Castile/Okolski
Vise/Trent
Dance; B/A,D/W,S/B, N/B,W/B

Ladies: Worlds; Kimmie, Ashley, Emily
Jr.worlds; Caroline, Mirai, Rachael
Dance: Worlds; B/A,D/W,S/B
Jr.Worlds; S/B (can do both Sr.&Jr.)
4CC; B/A, D/W,N/B
Pairs; Worlds; E/L,C/O
Jr.Worlds; Mc/Brubaker

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
McLaughlin/Brubaker can't go to Junior Worlds because he is too old, and they can't go to 4CC or Senior Worlds because she is too young. After Nationals, their season is over.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ladies:
1. Kimmie Meissner
2. Caroline Zhang
3. Ashley Wagner
4. Mirai Nagasu
5. Rachael Flatt
6. Bebe Liang
7. Alissa Czisny
World Team: Meissner, Wagner, Liang

Men:
1. Evan Lysacek
2. Johnny Weir
3. Jeremy Abbott
4. Stephen Carriere
5. Ryan Bradley
6. Rohene Ward
World Team: Lysacek, Weir, Abbott

Dance:
1. Belbin/Agosto
2. Davis/White
3. Navarro/Bommentre
World Team: all the above

Pairs: (Toughest to Predict)
1. Vise/Trent
2. McLaughlin/Brubaker
3. Inoue/Baldwin
4. Castile/Okolski
5. Nam/Leftheris
6. Evora/Ladwig
World Team: Vise/Trent, Inoue/Baldwin

Last edited:

Eddie Lee

On the Ice
I think Flatt may surprise everyone too...............:clap:

I don't think it should surprise anyone if Flatt lands on the podium. She was 5th in Seniors last year--and so far the four that placed ahead of her have had less than a stellar season. I believe that's one reason the ladies' Nationals is so unpredictable--the youngest tier of our rising ladies' skaters have had wonderful outings so far this year.

Last edited:
McLaughlin/Brubaker can't go to Junior Worlds because he is too old, and they can't go to 4CC or Senior Worlds because she is too young. After Nationals, their season is over.
Horrors! Then, I hope they make a BIG statement at Nationals. Will she be eligible at Nationals 2009?

Joe

R.D.

Record Breaker
With Hughes out of it, Kimmie's main competition is gone. I want to say she's not a shoo-in but she's going to have a much easier time winning now. Her experience (this being her 4th Nats) will also give her an advantage over newcomer Wagner and the underage folks. So basically she just needs to stand up and she'll win.

Nigel

On the Ice
With Hughes out of it, Kimmie's main competition is gone. I want to say she's not a shoo-in but she's going to have a much easier time winning now. Her experience (this being her 4th Nats) will also give her an advantage over newcomer Wagner and the underage folks. So basically she just needs to stand up and she'll win.

With Hughes out, IMO, the determination/motivation factor for the younger skaters just went up exponentially! I wouldn't sell short Zhang and Wagner with the SGP experiences they have had this season, as well as Flatt, a second year senior (IIRC, she won every senior event she competed in domestically over the summer) who has had a terrific season on the JGP as well as Nagasu, with a terrific JGP season as well. The youngsters have nothing to loose, and everything to gain!

With Hughes out, IMO, the determination/motivation factor for the younger skaters just went up exponentially! I wouldn't sell short Zhang and Wagner with the SGP experiences they have had this season, as well as Flatt, a second year senior (IIRC, she won every senior event she competed in domestically over the summer) who has had a terrific season on the JGP as well as Nagasu, with a terrific JGP season as well. The youngsters have nothing to loose, and everything to gain!
Indeed, that podium finish will get skaters to the Worlds in Sweden. If we give Kimmie the ok, we have two places open. I wouldn/t be surprised if Ashley makes it but I can't think of who would make the third place.

As for the Gentlemen. I'm expecting a big UPSET here with Rohene Ward! and a Braden Overett as a 'wuzrobbed'

Joe

Pikachuusb

On the Ice

I agree with you on that. I think as long as the judges arent shady, it will be a fight to the podium. I cant wait!!:rock::clap:

Madam Ice

Spectator
Okay, the senior events FINALLY start today...thought I'd put my predictions in at the last minute:

:biggrin:-skaters I like
:agree:-skaters I really like

LADIES
1) Caroline Zhang :agree:
2) Mirai Nagasu :biggrin:
3) Kimmie Meissner
4) Ashley Wagner
5) Beatrisa Liang :agree:
6) Alissa Czisny
7) Rachael Flatt
8) Megan Williams-Stewart
9) Tenile Victorsen
10) Danielle Kahle

MEN
1) Johnny Weir :agree:
2) Evan Lysacek
3) Stephen Carriere :biggrin:
4) Ryan Bradley
5) Jeremy Abbott :biggrin:
6) Scott Smith :biggrin:
7) Shaun Rogers
8) Parker Pennington
9) Rohene Ward :biggrin:
10) Derrick Delmore

PAIRS
1) Rena Inoue and John Baldwin
2) Keauna McLaughlin and Rockne Brubaker
* Brooke Castile and Ben Okolski (for some odd reason I thought they had withdrawn, whoops! I placed them 3rd originally)
4) Naomi Nari Nam and Themistocles Leftheris
5) Amanda Evora and Mark Ladwig
6) Tiffany Vise and Derek Trent

DANCE
1) Tanith Belbin and Ben Agosto
2) Meryl Davis and Charlie White
3) Kimberly Navarro and Brent Bommentre

...let the games begin...

Last edited: