RA interview with MK mentions | Page 6 | Golden Skate

RA interview with MK mentions

Sasha has problems, imo, with the time of the skate. In few instances has she really performed her best in a skate at 4 minutes? She's on my list of SP skaters because it is less taxing. That goes for exhibitions too, which are much less than 4 minutes.

She's not the only one. There are many skates I call SP skaters.

Joe

antmanb

Record Breaker
In Sasha's defense, she has managed to beat all of her major competitors in a major competition.

She beat Michelle Kwan und Fumie Suguri at Worlds 2004 + 2005

She beat Irina Slutskaya at the 2003 GFF, 2004 Worlds and 2006 Olympics

She beat Shizuka Arakawa at 2005 Worlds

She beat Kimmie Meissner at 2004 + 2005 Nationals.

There's no ladies female skater who competed against Sasha who she didn't beat in a major competition at least once, though usually she beat them twice ;-)

Are you having a laugh!!! Beating Arakawa at 2005 worlds and Slutskaya in 2004 worlds are worth mentioning in Sasha's defence?? :rofl: :rofl:

Ant

antmanb

Record Breaker
That is a very telling list. Of the ten outstanding performances of her career, six of them were at cheesefests.

I think this supports the view that competitive pressure was her enemy and that she has the goods (if she wants to) to become one of the most successful and beloved show skaters of all time.

I think a couple of years ago someone who watched many of Sasha's practices said that that very same thing - without the competitive pressure she puts down the seven triple LPs with a 3/3 and never misses. As soon as she steps on competitive ice it just goes away.

Its a shame, but it has to be some consolation to her that she's been a good enough competitor to bring home a national gold and whole stack of silver medals from internationals. Smoeone like Rohene Ward who equally has the skills to be a world champion in practice can't even hold it together long enough to get sent to a major international.

Ant