Rabobank Challenge Cup

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Why hassle with a connecting flight when direct flights are available?

I guess they are also exempt from the quarantine as mentioned on this site?

Always self-quarantine on arrival​

Testing negative is not a substitute for self-quarantining. People with a negative test result should still self-quarantine for 10 days on arrival in the Netherlands. You can arrange to get tested for coronavirus again on the 5th day after your arrival. If the result of this test is negative you can end your self-quarantine. Consult the Ministry of Foreign Affairs travel advisories to see if the country you are arriving from is a high-risk country. To prepare for your journey to the Netherlands do the Quarantine Check for travellers. This is a practical checklist of steps to take before and after your journey. You should travel only if your journey is essential.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
There are certain exceptions to this rule for 'top athletes', in practice meaning 'athletes taking part in Olympic Sports' (as well as for Football players). I don't know all the details, I do know that Misha will on arrival get transport in a special shuttle bus driving directly to the hotel for getting into the 'bubble' with additional testing there taking place and spending a day in his hotel room. The men's competition doesn't start until the 27th (with a training session in the morning), not the 26th. So, he should still be on time if he flies in today.

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
There are certain exceptions to this rule for 'top athletes', in practice meaning 'athletes taking part in Olympic Sports' (as well as for Football players).
This. Plus the fact that it’s not actually a rule or obligatory. Highly advisable, though, but indeed, for high-level sporters these ‘quarantaines’ are very different, anyway. Off you go, straight into the bus and into the hotel. :)

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Well, there's a computer disorder or something, so I've seen 5 ladies skating (6th is skating now) but have seen no scores at all yet. Pfff!

MaHa75

On the Ice
Well, there's a computer disorder or something, so I've seen 5 ladies skating (6th is skating now) but have seen no scores at all yet. Pfff!
Yes there is no points given yet. After first group warm up on the ice they told that they have technical issues 🙄. But no technicsl issues when they collect money for thid kind of poor live...no scores, no elements showing during the skate. Last week Tallink hotels cup was free to watch and there were points 😊

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Andrea MONTESINOS CANTU,Mexican lady, is now warming up. If one skater from Mexico can come, then hopefully Donovan will also be able to be there the day after tomorrow!
Oh that's definitely a hopeful sign!!! Fingers toes and everything crossed!

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
What about the video and audio quality of the stream? If it’s like the previous years, I’m not gonna bother...

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
The live-stream itself is okay, not spectacular but in my view better than previous years. However, I do miss a tech box or even commentary to at least say something about the elements.

Yeah, they've just replaced the usual audience tickets with tickets for the live stream, and at the same rate. I understand why - to generate some income to replace that which they normally would have had.

I literally hate all those YouTube-videos about live streaming, and then it´s just clickbait into a link where you can purchase the broadcast.

Reactions: ana
Is it possible to go back on the stream thing? I would consider purchasing, but I´m not able to watch everything live, so I would like to have the option to watch it afterwards and from the very beginning.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
So, I spoke to someone that runs the steaming for this event and they told me that they aren’t sure if they will have same day archives of the live streams due to potential copyright issues.

If they can’t, they told me they will put them up on YouTube a week or so after the event ends.

el henry

Fangirl of men’s spirals and split jumps
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Cantu lives in Florida though I think.

Andrea trains at Raf's rink in California, I believe. But it may be more difficult to enter the EU from the USA than Mexico, I don't know. For me, the more important question is financial support. I don't know how much Andrea funds her own skating. But if the Mexican fed, or whoever, can get Andrea to the Netherlands, surely they can get Donovan:pray:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Scores were finally up, after the ladies competition was finished. I felt Loena did well when I watched - and according to the judges she did. She is in first place. Emmy Ma is in second, Maé-Bérénice is in third. The first six have all managed to get their Minimum TES for the short (if that was necessary). To my joy as a Dutchie, Lindsay van Zundert now has the minimum TES points for the short. She is currently in fourth place.