Rabobank Challenge Cup | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Rabobank Challenge Cup

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Dorota and Pedro, nice programme. Not there yet. Daria and Michel not at their best, although as always very watchable. A pity Michel fell on the SBS jumps and also lack of synchronisation on the SBS spins (although together in the end). Good they've already got their minimums though.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Annika and Robert. A bit of a struggle on their SBS jumps (both, but no fall), the throw was beautiful. SBS spins not perfect. Still, nice to watch. And in first place!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Iouila and Mark might get a time deduction...otherwise good programme. And Iouila got that landing! No, no time deduction. Good for them. In second place for now.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
wow Donovan going for a quad and 3 axel. I think this was the right place to try it. Maybe playing it safer tomorrow when he must get the free skate minimum for worlds.
Oh, I thought he needed the TES for the SP. But if he already has those, no harm done today.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Third warm-up group on the ice: Greta and John Crafoord from Sweden, Evgenya Tarasova and Vladimir Morosov (I'm sure we all know where they are from), Coline Keriven and Noel Antoine Pierre from France and Elizavets Zhuk and Martin Bidar from Czec Republik.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
GO twins. They need tech minimum both today and tomorrow. I think it will be hard for them. Pity when worlds is in Sweden.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
They are nice to watch, a pity about that twist though (thankfully not so scary a fall as with Sara earlier). TES: 24.59. Not enough I'm afraid.

MsLayback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Touch down Evgenya on the throw but this should be a big score Tarasova and Morosov. I think it was very smart to go to this competition and get a "real" International score prior to worlds

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Oh my, Evgenia and Vladimir! Beautiful skate to Bolero. I think Evgenia had a hand on the ice while landing the throw, but for the rest it seemed clean. 79.64 points. Easily, and deservedly, in the lead. Sergey is with them.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Once upon a time the worlds host got spots for their own skaters if I remember correctly. When did that stop?

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Touch down Evgenya on the throw but this should be a big score Tarasova and Morosov. I think it was very smart to go to this competition and get a "real" International score prior to worlds
Are they and Kolyada also doing this for better start positions at worlds?