Rabobank Challenge Cup | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Rabobank Challenge Cup

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As there were so many Pair entries and so few Dance, we held a poll under the entering Members if they agree to switch Ladies/Men, so that we can accommodate more Ladies. The overwhelming majority agreed to the switch. We also increased the number of Pairs to 16.
Nice. Looking forward to the event.

Are the streams going to be archived or is it live only?

Maybe I can get a discount code for streams. Haha.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
As there were so many Pair entries and so few Dance, we held a poll under the entering Members if they agree to switch Ladies/Men, so that we can accommodate more Ladies. The overwhelming majority agreed to the switch. We also increased the number of Pairs to 16.
Great to have so many pairs! My favourite discipline always. It is also wonderful to have an ID competition, albeit a small one. I am really looking forward to this competition even though that means I can't skate myself that particular week. And very pleased to be able to watch, if not on location, then on a livestream. The Japanese contingent will be missed though.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I agree with Winnie_20. Normally I pay 15 euros to be able to come, go and watch when I please (I happen to live close by) and join in the crowd when it fits me, while the livestream is free for those times when it fits me less, now I pay the same amount just for the livestream only. Having said that, I usually think the event really is too cheap for visiting a complete competition with skaters from nearly everywhere except - usually - Russian skaters who don't tend to come to Challenge Cup. And the categories I find less interesting -if cute - won't be taking part, and there's Ice Dance! I'll pay up I suppose, because I really hope to watch. And it will hopefully offset some of the losses.

That's a question of perspective. For audience coming from countries with lower salaries than Western Europe, ticket prices like CC or Nepela offer a rare and welcome opportunity to see famous skaters up close.

I hope the event is a success. It's nice to see federations trying to organize events safely.

MaHa75

On the Ice
Lot of names are same as in Tallink Hotels Cup so...i dont believe that all of them doing 2 comp in row

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Now that you made this public, they will make sure to keep your skaters on the entry list, and withdraw them right after you pay. Haha
Unfortunately, CC always gets a lot of WDs from the ‘bigger’ names. I have learned to not expect to see any particular skater from the start lists actually show up. It’s better that way to avoid major disappointments.
(Takahiko Kozuka WD all those years ago... It was a hard lesson, lol!)

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Now that you made this public, they will make sure to keep your skaters on the entry list, and withdraw them right after you pay. Haha
Yeah there is always that famous Murphy's Law. :palmf: I follow them on Instagram so hopefully they will post something to show that they are on their way, if they are going.

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
you know too many people, what are you not telling us? :LOL:
Luckily, being born in America, I will just plead the fifth. Haha

The skating organizers are pretty good about updating the entry lists. And even making them public.

Ever wonder why the tennis entry lists are so hard to find? Or the tournaments that release them once don’t update them?

Can’t be because they want to sell tickets by advertising a player that already withdrew or was never on the entry list to begin with, can it?

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So, I spoke to someone that runs the steaming for this event and they told me that they aren’t sure if they will have same day archives of the live streams due to potential copyright issues.

If they can’t, they told me they will put them up on YouTube a week or so after the event ends.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
So, I spoke to someone that runs the steaming for this event and they told me that they aren’t sure if they will have same day archives of the live streams due to potential copyright issues.

If they can’t, they told me they will put them up on YouTube a week or so after the event ends.
Oh, great! It would be lovely to be able to rewatch stuff from this competition. Thanks for asking, Alexocfp!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
According to the latest information from the Dutch Skating Federation, there are now 77 entrees for Challenge Cup from 26 countries. Regrettably the Entrees/results have as yet not been updated. I do understand one of the two Dutch ladies, Niki Wories, has withdrawn due to injury. I hope that wasn't caused by her skate 'ode to a sleeping city' last weekend on one of the Canals in Amsterdam!

Edit:
Entrees/results have been updated: 25 ladies now, still 20 men, 13 pairs, and 4 ID teams. That makes 79 skaters. So, it seems either the update is incomplete or the Federation had a miscount!
Second edit: it's 77 now. 24 ladies and 19 men left. Presumably the organisation didn't update everything yesterday.

Last edited:
Country
Norway
There are only 20 ladies now. I´m wondering if Matilda Algotsson and Anita Östlund was originally on the entries list, and have WD now? In that case it seems Sweden has already given the Worlds spot to Josefin Taljegård who is still on the entries list.

I guess they were all originally signed up for Challenge to fight for the spots, but Josefin got the minimum she missed in Tallinn Cup this weekend and claimed the bronze, and she was miles ahead of Matilda and Anita. It seems likely they already have decided on her. In that case she also might want to go to Challenge cup to collect ranking points and competition practice.