Risport Sizing? | Golden Skate

Risport Sizing?

christy

On the Ice
I posted recently asking for more information about different Risport boots, and this weekend I was able to try some that I thought could work for me. The store was very upfront in saying they didn't have a lot of experience with Risport and had limited stock, but were happy for me to visit to try some boots.
I currently wear a 255C in Edea, and from measuring my foot (248mm) I tried Royal Pro in 250C (too short), RF3 Pro in 255C (too short) and RF3 Pro in 265C which seemed to fit, but I'm worried that they're going to be too big, as that's so much larger than the measurements and current Edeas which actually feel a bit too long on my foot. I did like the feel of the boot in terms of width and heel, but found the front was pressing down on my toes.
I know sizing etc. isn't consistent across brands, but from checking my measurements on the Risport size charts I was expecting that the 250 or 255 would fit me. The store have said they could try ordering a 260C but I'd have to pay a restocking fee if they didn't work for me.
Any thoughts please?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I posted recently asking for more information about different Risport boots, and this weekend I was able to try some that I thought could work for me. The store was very upfront in saying they didn't have a lot of experience with Risport and had limited stock, but were happy for me to visit to try some boots.
I currently wear a 255C in Edea, and from measuring my foot (248mm) I tried Royal Pro in 250C (too short), RF3 Pro in 255C (too short) and RF3 Pro in 265C which seemed to fit, but I'm worried that they're going to be too big, as that's so much larger than the measurements and current Edeas which actually feel a bit too long on my foot. I did like the feel of the boot in terms of width and heel, but found the front was pressing down on my toes.
I know sizing etc. isn't consistent across brands, but from checking my measurements on the Risport size charts I was expecting that the 250 or 255 would fit me. The store have said they could try ordering a 260C but I'd have to pay a restocking fee if they didn't work for me.
Any thoughts please?
First question: Who measured your foot for the Risport? You? The shop? Your old shop where you got Edea? You didn't give this info. It's very important. Was your foot traced? B/c if your foot is truly at 248 for risport you shouldn't be looking at anything much bigger than that. Also, Risport fit way different than Edea, so perhaps you are just used to Edea fit and the Risport would be fine with a little baking. You're not supposed to have much room in the toebox from the top down. These arent uggs or slippers, they're figure skating boots.

Last edited:

christy

On the Ice
I traced then measured my foot with the help of a friend and using an online guide, but it was the same as the old shop where I got the Edea (I'd made notes at the time).
If it was width / height then I was assuming baking would help, but obviously didn't want to do that if I wasn't going to buy. I'm not wanting a lot of room in the toe box, but the bottom of the tongue was really pressing onto the top of my foot / toes. I'm guessing baking may help that too, or I may just not have the right foot for Risport? As I mentioned though, I used to have Risport a number of years ago, and they worked well for me at the time. I have a fairly wide foot (D width in Jackson), and high arches.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I traced then measured my foot with the help of a friend and using an online guide, but it was the same as the old shop where I got the Edea (I'd made notes at the time).
If it was width / height then I was assuming baking would help, but obviously didn't want to do that if I wasn't going to buy. I'm not wanting a lot of room in the toe box, but the bottom of the tongue was really pressing onto the top of my foot / toes. I'm guessing baking may help that too, or I may just not have the right foot for Risport? As I mentioned though, I used to have Risport a number of years ago, and they worked well for me at the time. I have a fairly wide foot (D width in Jackson), and high arches.
It sounds like if you need that many things due to your foot, you're going to have to get a custom. Look into Jackson. Also, please have someone at a reputable fitter measure and trace you properly. I'm worried that your measurements as well as the person that put you in the too long Edea were both off with sizing/measurements.

Last edited:

christy

On the Ice
It sounds like if you need that many things due to your foot, you're going to have to get a custom. Look into Jackson. Also, please have someone at a reputable fitter measure and trace you properly. I'm worried that your measurements as well as the person that put you in the too long Edea were both off with sizing/measurements.
I really just wanted to try the Risports to see if they might work for me before travelling a long way to a more experienced fitter, and the store I went to were happy for me to try what they had. so it was helpful.
With the Edeas I did try a pair that were a size smaller. I think if the skate tech could have molded them then they would have worked, but they said they couldn't, and the smaller pair were really painful.

annetter

Rinkside
I am interested in information about Risport fit - whether Risport 260 or 265 fit you.

My foot length 245-250mm measured by me - I found that a borrowed used Risport Excellence 265 (40) fit me - surprised as my shoe size is 38,5 (Europe), and considering Risport sizing tables - though don't know if it was best size (am beginner) - I am interested in information to assess whether another Risport 265 available online might fit me.

Last edited:

IcelUcel

Spectator
I am interested in information about Risport fit - whether Risport 260 or 265 fit you.

My foot length 245-250mm measured by me - I found that a used Risport Excellence 265 (40) fit me - surprised as my shoe size is 38,5 (Europe), and considering Risport sizing tables - though don't know if it was best size (am beginner) - I am interested in information to assess whether another Risport 265 available online might fit me.
Hey @annetter .... I'm sorry for jumping in... I have tried Risport first hand at reputable fitter and the thing is that my left foot is 233mm while my right is 238mm.
I tried to convince my fitter that I was more fitted into 245 rather than 240 (I had long toe nails at that time)... So, after trying both Risport Antares and Electra (both size 245) on my left foot, I decided that I loved the support on Electra more and tried the Electra on my right foot and oh boy I felt cramp on lateral part of my foot the first few seconds after the fitter tied it up and the pain wouldn't go away even after 5 mins... so I asked for 250 obviously and instead he came back with Risport RF3 Pro size 240C (I didn't realize it was 240 cuz I kept asking for 250... lol my bad). After he put them on both feet, apart from the discomfort on the ankle bones that could be resolved with heat molding, I felt bliss😍

I used to have Risport Venus size 250 and I thought that it fitted me well, but now that I know how snug the boots should be, I feel that they are really loose and I can't even hold my edges at all cuz my feet feel like swimming in those skates...

Henceforth, having expert opinion will be the best option imo

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics

My foot length 245-250mm measured by me - I found that a used Risport Excellence 265 (40) fit me - surprised as my shoe size is 38,5 (Europe), and considering Risport sizing tables - though don't know if it was best size (am beginner) - I am interested in information to assess whether another Risport 265 available online might fit me.
Please don't fit yourself. Go get a pro to fit you.

annetter

Rinkside
Hey @annetter .... I'm sorry for jumping in... I have tried Risport first hand at reputable fitter and the thing is that my left foot is 233mm while my right is 238mm.
I tried to convince my fitter that I was more fitted into 245 rather than 240 (I had long toe nails at that time)... So, after trying both Risport Antares and Electra (both size 245) on my left foot, I decided that I loved the support on Electra more and tried the Electra on my right foot and oh boy I felt cramp on lateral part of my foot the first few seconds after the fitter tied it up and the pain wouldn't go away even after 5 mins... so I asked for 250 obviously and instead he came back with Risport RF3 Pro size 240C (I didn't realize it was 240 cuz I kept asking for 250... lol my bad). After he put them on both feet, apart from the discomfort on the ankle bones that could be resolved with heat molding, I felt bliss😍

I used to have Risport Venus size 250 and I thought that it fitted me well, but now that I know how snug the boots should be, I feel that they are really loose and I can't even hold my edges at all cuz my feet feel like swimming in those skates...

Henceforth, having expert opinion will be the best option imo
Thank you for your reply and the information.

I am considering trying to get Electra Light 265, but concerned it might be too long and narrow (my foot circumference 23-24cm measured by me) (I could not get my foot into Jackson Artiste - unknown size) - more interested in leather boot but not found below RF3 Pro - no walk-in fitting shop in my country, it seems.

Friday

Rinkside

My left is 234 and my right is 236 (measured by podiatrist), measured by myself it's something around 237/238.
Shoe size is something around EU 38.5 / 39

I once used a Jackson Artiste 5.5 and I'm now in a Risport 240 in C width.

At the fitter I tried on both 240 and 245 in C width. While the 240 felt way too narrow, the 245 felt great with my bunions and wide feet - but my fitter straight up told my that while I probably could get away with a 245 as a beginner, I would eventually come back to the 240 once I advanced, AND that the 245 would most likely suffer premature breakdown.

He used a little trick and convinced me to wear the 240 for 10 minutes in the shop (it hurt) and afterwards put me in the 245 again. And surprise, the 245 felt too wide and my foot was swimming.
After widening and heat molding, my Risport fits me like a glove now.

Most of the time, the boot feels too small, while it actually is only too narrow. Therfore, going up a size doesn't properly address the issue. You have to try out different boots in person!

So while it might be tempting for you to order your boots online, I can assure you that it's most likely not gonna work and you will end up with the wrong boot and a lot of money wasted.

If you tell us the general area you live in, there might be people on this forum who can recommend you a pro shop :)

christy

On the Ice

There's no way I'd even consider trying 26.0. They would be much too big.

annetter

Rinkside
My left is 234 and my right is 236 (measured by podiatrist), measured by myself it's something around 237/238.
Shoe size is something around EU 38.5 / 39

I once used a Jackson Artiste 5.5 and I'm now in a Risport 240 in C width.

At the fitter I tried on both 240 and 245 in C width. While the 240 felt way too narrow, the 245 felt great with my bunions and wide feet - but my fitter straight up told my that while I probably could get away with a 245 as a beginner, I would eventually come back to the 240 once I advanced, AND that the 245 would most likely suffer premature breakdown.

He used a little trick and convinced me to wear the 240 for 10 minutes in the shop (it hurt) and afterwards put me in the 245 again. And surprise, the 245 felt too wide and my foot was swimming.
After widening and heat molding, my Risport fits me like a glove now.

Most of the time, the boot feels too small, while it actually is only too narrow. Therfore, going up a size doesn't properly address the issue. You have to try out different boots in person!

So while it might be tempting for you to order your boots online, I can assure you that it's most likely not gonna work and you will end up with the wrong boot and a lot of money wasted.

If you tell us the general area you live in, there might be people on this forum who can recommend you a pro shop :)
I wonder which Risport fit you in 240C.

annetter

Rinkside

I got RF3 Pro 255 C at a fitter - hesitated between it and RF3 Pro 260.

Last edited: