Rostelecom Cup Tickets | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Rostelecom Cup Tickets

marusya19

Rinkside
Thanks for your advice :) I'll download English map beforehand just in case I got difficulty in getting the internet connection :agree:
As I remember in Moscow's airports has mobile operator's shops and you can buy sim card with pasport. For example my mobile operator mts (white egg on red ground) and it has tariff smart with good internet traffic and minutes. I hope it's in touch for foreigners.

Отправлено с моего SM-G920F через Tapatalk

suridesu

Spectator
As I remember in Moscow's airports has mobile operator's shops and you can buy sim card with pasport. For example my mobile operator mts (white egg on red ground) and it has tariff smart with good internet traffic and minutes. I hope it's in touch for foreigners.

Thank you so much for the information. It'll surely help. I hope we will get the tickets 😀

NicoleSil

Rinkside
Guys, you all are amazing!! Thank you so much for all the information!! Okay, so WOW unbelievable that there has been the chance to sleep in the same hotel as the skaters :D <3 I will also download a map of the area near the arena and then I will see where rooms are left :) Can't wait for it, I hope we all get tickets and a place to sleep :ghug:
If someone of you finds a good located hotel, please feel free to tell me xD

Amphi

Spectator
Yes, why not, I'll go from Japan, sharing room will help a lot. I'm really clueless about what to do. I'm thinking about internet as well, how can I connect to the internet for google map in case I get lost in Moscow :scratch2:

I browsed some information about it and some say we can buy new SIM card in Russia.

Saw marusya19 replied you with the information. I got the same answer from my friend who had visited Russia before, she told me just buy a local SIM card and then as long as you could read the google map, there's not much worries of getting lost~:agree:

PS: have you successfully booked room at Aerostar(if so please do allow me to be your roommate!!!!!:love:) or you intreseted with mine?:luv17:

Last edited:

NicoleSil

Rinkside
Hi, Marusya19, thanks for the information!:thumbsup: Just I have some problems accessing this website address...are the blank spaces should be replaced by "." or "-" or "_"?

I know this probably sounds very much as an idoit question, but please, please kindly enlighten me, cos I'm also looking forward to attending this event. Thanks a lot~:luv17:

also, the page is completely in Russian <.< Does anyone have experience with buying tickets there without being from Russia? Is it possible to pay in € (Euro)?? And how should I find the event when the Russian alphabet is used?? :scratch2:

Amphi

Spectator
also, the page is completely in Russian <.< Does anyone have experience with buying tickets there without being from Russia? Is it possible to pay in € (Euro)?? And how should I find the event when the Russian alphabet is used?? :scratch2:

Hi, NicoleSil, there's an icon on the upper right corner of the page that you could choose different languages. And then you could search for "Rostelecom Cup", so far as I tried there's no events for 2017, only for the 2016.
And for the payment, I assume they could accept Visa card, but actually I'm not 100% sure. Anyone has any relevant experience to share? Thanks in advance~❤️

marusya19

Rinkside
Hi, NicoleSil, there's an icon on the upper right corner of the page that you could choose different languages. And then you could search for "Rostelecom Cup", so far as I tried there's no events for 2017, only for the 2016.
And for the payment, I assume they could accept Visa card, but actually I'm not 100% sure. Anyone has any relevant experience to share? Thanks in advance~❤️
Yes. You are right. This website accept visa [emoji4]

LadyB

Record Breaker
It's already fully booked ;)

Sorry to hear that! But there seems to be a good number of people going. I'm sure you'll sort something out. There was another big hotel right next to Aerostar, but I can't remember the name. Just try and google it. Best of luck to all of you, I'm sooooooo jealous! :hap10:

Yes. You are right. This website accept visa [emoji4]

Yeah, all leading credit cards are good. Favoured foreign currencies for cash are dollar and euro.

suridesu

Spectator
Saw marusya19 replied you with the information. I got the same answer from my friend who had visited Russia before, she told me just buy a local SIM card and then as long as you could read the google map, there's not much worries of getting lost~:agree:

PS: have you successfully booked room at Aerostar(if so please do allow me to be your roommate!!!!!:love:) or you intreseted with mine?:luv17:

Hi, sorry for late reply, it was too late when I tried to book aerostar. I tried aeropolis, ibis and cska which are the nearest, but they already fully booked as well :laugh:
It seems that a lot of people will come and it will be hard to find accomodation, now I'm thinking as long as I got the ticket for the competition, anything is okay:biggrin:
I'm planning to book Minima-Hotel which is around 2 kilos from Megasport, but I don't know whether it's convenience or not, still searching. Maybe, you have better option :):):)

NicoleSil

Rinkside
Congratulations, girls! You've made a wonderful choice!!! :rock: Even though I'm older, it was my first time at a GP and in Russia last year and it was a dream!!! Still thinking about it almost every day. The people I've meet, the skaters close up. The autographs and pictures I've got. You'll looooooove it!:love:
I'm guessing it will again be at the Megasport Arena, so book yourself into the Aerostar Hotel asap. The skaters will be having breakfast right next to you.
Team up, and you'll have already a companion.

That's correct. They do it quite well. Tickets come out only a few weeks before the event, just keep checking parter.ru website from August.

I wish I'd go myself, but I'm determined to go to Euros in Moscow. Can't wait to get back. Financially, I can't do both. Best of luck, it's worth it!:hap10:

So you have experience with buying tickets? I was wondering how you gain access to practices...? Do they sell tickets on the same page where there sell tickets for the event or do you have to win them or...? How can I visit practice? :scratch2: Thanks in advance! :luv17:

NicoleSil

Rinkside
Okay, I just booked a hotel room near the MegaSport Arena and I must say the rooms go like hot cakes! o.o I can recommend booking via booking.com. I went on google maps, searched for hotels near by and then I scanned for the best offer. I recommend booking something ONLY if there is an information that you can cancel your reservation for free, because the event is still some months to go and you never know what might happen. This page does highlight this information in its offers. But be careful, not all hotels supply this option. Good luck everyone :)
Next step will be getting tickets somehow xD

Hannah555

Ava artwork by talented ShampooNeko
Final Flight
So you have experience with buying tickets? I was wondering how you gain access to practices...? Do they sell tickets on the same page where there sell tickets for the event or do you have to win them or...? How can I visit practice? :scratch2: Thanks in advance! :luv17:

There are no open practices at Rostelecom cup :( That's really a disadvantage in comparison to SC.

NicoleSil

Rinkside
There are no open practices at Rostelecom cup :( That's really a disadvantage in comparison to SC.

Oh noooooo!!! :( Thank you for the info, I will adjust my hotel reservation then. Buuhuuu I wanted to see open practice so badly! :sad46:

Hannah555

Ava artwork by talented ShampooNeko
Final Flight
Oh noooooo!!! :( Thank you for the info, I will adjust my hotel reservation then. Buuhuuu I wanted to see open practice so badly! :sad46:

I would suggest waiting until the Rostelecom tickets and then adjust your hotel reservation. There's still a tiny hope that maybe this year organizers will reconsider and make practices open for fans :)bow:). I know it's almost an impossible dream :palmf: but hope dies last.

Upnights

On the Ice
I would suggest waiting until the Rostelecom tickets and then adjust your hotel reservation. There's still a tiny hope that maybe this year organizers will reconsider and make practices open for fans :)bow:). I know it's almost an impossible dream :palmf: but hope dies last.

I am preparing a letter to send to the organizers & the ISU requesting that practices be open. I will post it here within a week & if anyone wants to join me in signing the letter or send their own letter, that would be great. I'm also going to put up a Twitter poll (I hope to do it in English & Japanese) to show fans' interest in open practices. (I was going to start a petition, but I realized that wouldn't work with fans' preference for anonymity.)

My main argument to the organizers is that open practices are money-makers for the organizers, since they can sell extra tickets for the practices, as well as for local businesses, as people will stay longer at hotels (as you've just mentioned), eat at restaurants, etc. I also think that having fans' photos & reports from practices spread on social media is effective promotion for figure skating. The fact that the cash-strapped Marseille Grand Prix Final sold tickets for all practices, including the gala practice, even though it meant paying for extra hours of the professional security guards they had to employ outside against terrorism, proves to me that open practices are financially beneficial.

I welcome any suggestions that anyone might have as to how best to get this message to the organizers.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
thinking hard about wether to go to this or Euros....

Antyv

On the Ice
I choose Euro Champs. At Rostelecom I was last year. This year is a very big excitement.

Caustica

Final Flight
Wow, just managed to get a room in Aeropolis Hotel... Considered some other options which were about half the price, but I decided to pay a premium to be within walking distance of the arena and the skaters' hotel, in case I want to hang out there... :luv17: Not that it would be fun to do that alone :( Also, since I know figure skating competitions end late, I figured it would be safer to stay somewhere within walking distance, and where probably many other spectators would be heading back to as well.

(Can't believe I'm so late to book the hotel when I'm the one who started this thread.... hahaha.)

EDIT: Actually, I am feeling a bit anxious about my booking.. I booked a room on the official Aeropolis website, but I wasn't required to enter any payment guarantee details :scratch2: It seemed a bit too easy for me... I hope the booking is legit and I won't find out I'm homeless on the day. :eeking:

exerym

On the Ice
You can look at ibis Dymano hotel it's just across the street from Aerostar.
There is a big shopping mall nearby Megasport arena called Aviapark. They got website in English with info how to get there from nearby metro station. Or you can use Uber or GetTaxi. As for map - offline google map is just fine.