Lots of last-minute withdrawals:

Ladies: Julia Sebestyen-HUN

Pairs:
Castile/Okolski-USA
Krasilnikova/Bezmaternikh-RUS

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
man, Brooke really can't catch a break (no pun intended) when it comes to these injuries. :no:

I can imagine that the ISU will fill up the vacancies with top tier teams from Asia or a top Europeqn team willing to travel who already have 2 assignments.

It takes away the chance of a lesser team in getting a medal.

MissIzzy

Final Flight
I can imagine that the ISU will fill up the vacancies with top tier teams from Asia or a top Europeqn team willing to travel who already have 2 assignments.

Actually I think they're no longer doing that. Anyway, the roster now holds seven teams-Brooke and Ben were replaced by Chelsi Guillen and Danny Curzon. K&B, it seems, will not be replaced.

sillylionlove

Medalist
Binshu Xu of China has been added to the women's roster.

Ksenia Krasilnikova/Konstantin Bezmaternikh of RUS have withdrawn from the pairs competition.

TtonyV7

On the Ice
Hmmm, Was hoping maybe Czisny could have been invited. Best chance really is if a USA skater drops out...

tamar

Spectator
You know, many web sites all over the world are heated about Yu-na's flip (or lip?) jimp at Skate America. I must admit I also think she took the flip from a little outside edge... Some are saying it's "injustice", but I believe it's just a misjudgement. I don't think ISU will ever admit their misjudgement, so, for ISU to keep their dignity, I beg the judges from ISU to judge deliberately and correctly this time at Cup of China!

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hmmm, Was hoping maybe Czisny could have been invited. Best chance really is if a USA skater drops out...

Not necessarily. Host nations don't have to fill a US vacancy with another US skater. They can pick ANY skater in the top 75 on the SB list.

TtonyV7

On the Ice
Not necessarily. Host nations don't have to fill a US vacancy with another US skater. They can pick ANY skater in the top 75 on the SB list.

Yes, very true. But it'll probably help her case (plus her Nelb. Trophy win, and recent bronze medal performance) to be selected if a skater drops out. We'll see!

Bennett

Record Breaker
Will anyone be invited to fill in Dai's spot? Or perhaps it is simply too late?

cera

Rinkside
Yu-Na will win no matter what her anti-fans want to happen.

:laugh: Yes, I think that is extremely, very extremely (is there such an expression?) likely. But not certain, mind you...there are lots of 'ifs' :p

flying camel

Medalist
StN. Name Nat.
Warm-Up Group 1
1 Yueren WANG CHN

2 Yan LIU CHN

3 Katrina HACKER USA

4 Binshu XU CHN

5 Alena LEONOVA RUS

6 Mira LEUNG CAN

Warm-Up Group 2
7 Susanna PÖYKIÖ FIN

8 Ashley WAGNER USA

9 Laura LEPISTO FIN

10 Miki ANDO JPN

11 Sarah MEIER SUI

12 Yu-Na KIM KOR

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, very true. But it'll probably help her case (plus her Nelb. Trophy win, and recent bronze medal performance) to be selected if a skater drops out. We'll see!

It depends on the host country. France's ladies have no chance to win medals, so the French federation might be willing to put Alissa in a vacant spot. But since TEB is next week, there mightn't be enough time to put the substitution through.

Russia---I'm not so sure. Leonova and Gerboldt are pretty good, although technically not medal contenders. Mainly I don't think Russia wants to be the federation who ensures that a US lady makes the GPF.

Japan might be willing to add Alissa except that NHK already has 3 US ladies. Maybe if one of Hacker, Nagasu or Wagner withdrew they'd be willing to replace her with Alissa.

Somehow, I don't think it's meant to be, and that's unfortunate, because it could mean there will be NO US lady in the GPF this season.