Russian JrNats 24-26 Jan 2018 Common Info | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Russian JrNats 24-26 Jan 2018 Common Info

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
We can agree that we disagree.;) Unlike Konstantinova were Cohen and Mihara both qualified for Senior Worlds.

But Stasya is listed as the 1st alternate. While of course that isn't the same as flat out qualifying, it still means she has a chance to go (especially with the Russian ladies likely going 1-2 in PC, there is a chance one might WD from WC. I don't want to start a discussion on how likely it is or not, but in general in Olympic seasons, substitutes should be extra ready to hop in). And given how extremely deep the Russian ladies field overall is, saying she should count as a senior and this spot should be given to another girl who didn't have the chance to proof herself yet is more then justified IMO.

Or, you know, we go the other way... I wouldn't be bothered with Stasya competing here if she wasn't 1st alternate for Oly/WC. Which I think Polya T. should be anyway, who medaled at the senior GP when Stasya didn't on the JGP. But the fact that Stasya is getting both just really screams favoritism (and then add in the scores...). I do even like the girl and enjoy her skating, but it's pretty obvious that while she has many qualities, the other girls do too - and most of them have shown to be better at delivering. You wouldn't know it from their assignments.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I think 30+60 would be stretching it. It is not very conservative, but on the contrary, rather generous, considering that was the PCS Trusova and Kostornaia got in JGPF.

You're acting like 30+60 is some astronomically high PCS score at a national championship. Last season, Anastasia Guliakova got 29.36 PCS for her SP at jr. nationals and I'd hardly call her a PCS beast in any regard. For the FS, even Nugumanova got 60+. Trusova for example got 59.36 last season, and in spring Shcherbakova got a whole 6 points more PCS than Trusova. Panenkova also got 59.49. This isn't the grand prix finals. It really is a conservative example, regardless of whatever part of her skating you choose to pick on.

Yes, gaining speed during TR is not a bullet point, but flow, good use of knee and ankle, quality of steps and turns, varied speed and acceleration are definitely bullet point for SS. Allow me to clarify, the need of whipping around her free leg during turns to gain the momentum required to execute the TR does reflect poor use of knee, interrupts flow of footwork, and affects speed of footwork while she cannot crossover to accelerate during StSq.

I'd rather not comment on her abilities to interpret music. That's a very subjective thing and I find myself unable to enjoy her program as I keep looking at her feet.

I'd advice you to compare Gubanova's footwork with Shcherbakova's. That shall tell you what Anna is currently lacking, be it pre- or post-injury.
On Shcherbakova's skating, I think you're being way too harsh on what you perceive as her weak knee usage, requiring momentum for 3-turns of all things etc. 3-turns are the most basic of basics and I really don't think her "whipping around" of the leg really is much if at all worse than other skaters' that I compared it to. She has made some very good turns while using next to no momentum of her free leg. In my opinion, this really has much more to do with her legs just being so incredibly long. Gubanova's especially poor a comparison for this regard as their body types really are completely different. She does use plenty of crossovers which indeed is a problem at this point in time. But I don't see it as some fundamental issue with her like you seem to, as last season her skating really was quite good for her age. I think that she has it in her to perform more complex connecting footwork that doesn't require such crossovers with time, but that's probably not going to happen before next season at the earliest. The footwork was in quite a good state in comparison to her peers last season.

You notice the kind of footwork Eteri's group gives to her girls whether they are some skating skill phenoms or not - Due to that, I expect to see much more complex footwork for her next season. But this season already, her qualities should be enough for 30/60 type PCS at the jr. national level if clean.

And regarding musical interpretation, try looking at her face and arms rather than feet.

The Finn

Record Breaker
A little summary about who is age eligible to be back next season.

Men
This season was their last junior eligible season
Samoilov
Efimchuk

One more junior season left
Erokhov
Savosin
Ignatov
Murashov

Pairs
Not eligible for seniors or juniors
Belova/Bobrov. Because of their age difference this pair can't skate internationally for a long time.

Kudryavtseva/Spiridonov
Poluianova/Sopot
Zhuk/Britkov
Lyirova/Selkin
Koshevaya/Bushlanov

Two more junior seasons left.
Mishina/Galiamov
Kostiukovich/Ialin
Kvartalova/Sviatchenko
Labazina/Rakhmanin

Three more junior seasons left.
Pavliuchenko/Khodykin
Boikova/Kozlovskii

Four more junior seasons left.
Panfilova/Rylov
Akhanteva/Kolesov

Ice dancing
Shpilevaya/Smirnov
Skoptsova/Aleshin

Shevchenko/Eremenko
Khudaiberdieva/Nazarov
Konkina/Yakushev
Kuts/Mikhailov

Polishchuk/Vakhnov

Ushakova/Nekrasov
Ivanenko/Karpov
Shanaeva/Narizhny

Andreeva/Desyatov
Lazareva/Prokofiev
Tyutyunina/Shustitskiy
Davis/Varlamov
Kravchenko/Khubulov

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker

Men
Samoilov
Efimchuk

Erokhov
Savosin
Ignatov

Pairs
Belova/Bobrov. Because of their age difference this pair can't skate internationally for a long time.

Kudryavtseva/Spiridonov
Poluianova/Sopot
Zhuk/Britkov
Lyirova/Selkin
Koshevaya/Bushlanov

Mishina/Galiamov
Kostiukovich/Ialin
Kvartalova/Sviatchenko
Labazina/Rakhmanin

Pavliuchenko/Khodykin
Boikova/Kozlovskii

Panfilova/Rylov
Akhanteva/Kolesov

Ice dancing
Shpilevaya/Smirnov
Skoptsova/Aleshin

Shevchenko/Eremenko
Khudaiberdieva/Nazarov
Konkina/Yakushev
Kuts/Mikhailov

Polishchuk/Vakhnov

Ushakova/Nekrasov
Ivanenko/Karpov
Shanaeva/Narizhny

Andreeva/Desyatov
Lazareva/Prokofiev
Tyutyunina/Shustitskiy
Davis/Varlamov
Kravchenko/Khubulov

wow! will you be doing this for the ladies or when all disciplines will become senior eligible?

madison

Record Breaker

Men
Samoilov
Efimchuk

Erokhov
Savosin
Ignatov

Pairs

Kudryavtseva/Spiridonov
Poluianova/Sopot
Zhuk/Britkov
Lyirova/Selkin
Koshevaya/Bushlanov

Mishina/Galiamov
Kostiukovich/Ialin
Kvartalova/Sviatchenko
Labazina/Rakhmanin

Pavliuchenko/Khodykin
Boikova/Kozlovskii

Panfilova/Rylov
Akhanteva/Kolesov

Ice dancing
Shpilevaya/Smirnov
Skoptsova/Aleshin

Shevchenko/Eremenko
Khudaiberdieva/Nazarov
Konkina/Yakushev
Kuts/Mikhailov

Polishchuk/Vakhnov

Ushakova/Nekrasov
Ivanenko/Karpov
Shanaeva/Narizhny

Andreeva/Desyatov
Lazareva/Prokofiev
Tyutyunina/Shustitskiy
Davis/Varlamov
Kravchenko/Khubulov

Thank you! It's really useful:agree: :).

The Finn

Record Breaker
wow! will you be doing this for the ladies or when all disciplines will become senior eligible?

Two more junior seasons left
Konstantinova. I am sure she will not be back next season.

Can already skate international senior events
Fedichkina
Kurakova

Can skate senior events starting next season
Gubanova
Panenkova
Samodurova
Gulyakova
Nugumanova
Tarusina
Safonova

Has to skate one more Junior season before they can skate international senior events
Trusova
Kostornaia
Shcherbakova
Tarakanova
Vasilieva
Kostyuk
Tsibinova
Cherpakova

Can skate JGP events starting next season
Kanysheva
Sinitsyna
Moroz