Russian Qualifiers and other important competitions | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Russian Qualifiers and other important competitions

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
I am glad Maria skated a completely clean short program, for the first time this season so far. Wishing good luck to her in the free skate to repeat this success tomorrow.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am glad Maria skated a completely clean short program, for the first time this season so far. Wishing good luck to her in the free skate to repeat this success tomorrow.

Her jumps looked really good today but I kinda felt like the in between stuff and even some of her spins seemed a bit lackluster. It's weird for me to say that because I've come to really enjoy Maria's artistry over the last two years and that is the stuff I was drawn to most about her. I do however think it was a really good program and maybe it is possible that the point difference is a result of Zhenia and Sima doing all of their jumps in the second half? I can't tell you how happy I am to see Sotskova landing her jumps and launching them so well considering how she started off on the GP and the injury/growth that seemed to affect her just a few weeks back.

I'm so in love with Zhenia's SP music. I feel like i'm in a music box or something.

What a day for fans of Russian Ladies skating. Sima,Zhenia,Maria,Sasha,Yulia, and Elena all skating with a bit of Artemieva sneaking into 4th with a PB after her SP. :cheer:

Last edited:

MalAssada

Medalist
I hate this "let's get all points possible" tactic that Eteri did this year with the junior skating, using (and abusing) of tanos and putting all jumps in the second half. Does it make the score higher? Yeah, but it also makes the first half of the presentation boring and unbalanced.

Just wondering how many points that tactic brings exactly... I'll try to make a very rough aproximation to have an idea.

PS: Go, Sasha, you can do this! Show them your fire!

MalAssada

Medalist
If a jump is a tano done in the 2nd half instead of a normal one in the 1st half (multiply the base value by 1.1 and add a +1 GOE for difficulty):
2A: +0,8
3T: +0,5
3F: +1,2
3Lz: +1,3
Total: +3,8 points

This is most likely bs (I'm new to all this), but anyway...

stryke

On the Ice
Meh I don't see what Eteri's girls are doing as gaming the system. IMO you're giving up free points by not having as many jumps as possible in the second half. Able to tano every jump? More points you'd be giving up if you didn't. At this level every point counts. Case in point the results for this short program. If Maria would tano her jumps and have them all in the second half she would be above them every single time. Don't hate the skater (or the coach) hate the system.

Is that a low score for Nugumanova? I don't know enough about the novice skaters to tell.

Last edited:

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
I don't think anybody will hate the skaters or the coach for this. It's just the strategy they are doing -which they really have the right to do- is not producing well-balanced artistically good programs. I agree the system forces skaters and coaches to run after as many points as possible to get.

This strategy of doing all the jumps in second half or doing all the jumps tano is so new for us. Maybe skaters will do this more often in future and it will be well-accepted but until then I'm sure many will not like it at all.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Amazing to see both Maria and Alex doing well after their "unsuccessful" JGP season. ;) I do think that both of the girls deserve higher marks but hey, there's still the FS. Nothing is over yet. Nonetheless, I would love to see all of them have clean skates.

shine

Record Breaker
Sasha Proklova seems to be on a come back trail - even though her 3-3 was underrotated. But loved the SP performance from her!

OTOH, I'm not loving Sakhanovic this year, and still think Medvedeva is quite average. Rooting for Sotskova and Proklova to skate clean LPs!

Last edited:

Amer

Final Flight
Country
Italy
Thrilled that Ogoreltseva skated a clean short program and only a few points behind the "Big 4".
Also loving her 3L/3L :dance:
Not sure why Nugumanova got such a low score in the junior field?

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Thanks stryke!

Good job to Nugumanova! Junior Nats is going to be equally as exciting like Senior Nats.

Not sure about Seraphima's and Zhenia's scores. Nonetheless, amazing job to the four for having clean skates as I had hoped for.

Mao88

Record Breaker
Senior Ladies results are up.
http://fsrussia.ru/results/1415/4etap/CAT006RS.HTM

1 Seraphim SAHANOVICH MOS 205.13
2 Evgenia Medvedeva MOS 202.64
3 Maria Sotskova MOS 189.54

Junior Ladies
http://fsrussia.ru/results/1415/4etap/SEG010.HTM

1 Elizabeth Nugumanova SPB 164.13
2 Valery Mikhailov MOS 161.13
3 Stanislaus KONSTANTINOVA SPB 160.82

Videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheFSRussia/videos

Many thanks

Senior

1. Serafima SAKHANOVICH - 205.13 Free Skate
2. Evgenia MEDVEDEVA - 202.64 Free Skate
3. Maria SOTSKOVA - 189.54 Free Skate
4. Alexandra PROKLOVA - 189.06 Free Skate
5. Natalia OGORELTSEVA - 167.03 Free Skate
6. Diana PERVUSHKINA - 158.49 Free Skate
7. Elizaveta IUSHENKO - 156.81 Free Skate
8. Maria STAVITSKAIA - 151.19 Free Skate

Junior

1. Elizaveta Nugumanova - 164.13 Free Skate
2. Valeria Mikhailova - 161.13 Free Skate
3. Stanislava Konstantinova - 160.82 Free Skate
4. Alexandrina Degtyareva - 156.34 Free Skate
5. Victoria Vasilieva - 155.11 Free Skate
6. Maria Perederova - 151.08 Free Skate
7. Eva Novakhova - 146.28 Free Skate

Last edited:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Posted in Alexandra's thread already but does anyone know whether she'll be able to compete in Senior Nationals?

sorry if this was asked already

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Posted in Alexandra's thread already but does anyone know whether she'll be able to compete in Senior Nationals?

sorry if this was asked already

She is going to compete in the 5th Russian Cup. She can qualify there but it is my understanding she hasn't qualified yet.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I can't believe I am saying this, but I enjoy Maria Sotskova the most. She seems to be the most original to me.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Zhenia's FS is so fun :yes: I think it's one of the most interesting programs to watch this year.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Watching them through fan cam I can see why Serafima got the highest score. Her skating skill is indeed very good. Medvedeva still has a long way to go. Maria Sotskova is light, fresh and fast. She is the most ballerina among these ladies. i like the choreography.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
AlexRus, I know Nugumanova is from Mishin's team. What about the other junior ladies coaches like Mikhaliova, Degtyareva, Konstantinova, Vasilieva?
A few guesses of mine:
Vasilieva's steps reminds me of Lipnitskaya. So I think she is at team Tutberidze?
Degtyareva has a little bit of Sotskova-style, not sure about the coach though.
Konstantinova is the first lady I've seen so far skating like Sotnikova. Her leg movements and even spins are like Adelina's.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
AlexRus, I know Nugumanova is from Mishin's team. What about the other junior ladies coaches like Mikhaliova, Degtyareva, Konstantinova, Vasilieva?
A few guesses of mine:
Vasilieva's steps reminds me of Lipnitskaya. So I think she is at team Tutberidze?
Degtyareva has a little bit of Sotskova-style, not sure about the coach though.
Konstantinova is the first lady I've seen so far skating like Sotnikova. Her leg movements and even spins are like Adelina's.

I would like to know who's coaching Gubanova as well. :think:

edit: just read tht she's coached by Urmanov...after browsing the Russian youngsters thread

Last edited: