Russian Senior Test Skates 2021 - Short Program | Page 50 | Golden Skate

Russian Senior Test Skates 2021 - Short Program

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Just a summary after short programs
Anna, Alyona and Alexandra - none of them has their best shape as of now it seems. Do they have to have their best shapes such early in season? I am not sure. They are all established skaters that potentially can take all of the three spots in the end.
Liza and Kamila - looking strong in every perspective including elements and choreography.
Ksenia and Maia - clean skates and very good presentations as well. Their programs were interesting.
Daria - solid skate, nothing new, but good.
Sofia and Liza N - a little bit behind the others in terms of elements but top notch presentations from both.

Tahuu

On the Ice
Are results private for Russian test skate? I can’t find a link to the result page.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
Any scores?
Russian test skates don't announce scores or give protocols publicly. It's only supposed to be feedback not a competition, so they intimate those to the skaters and their coaches.

IIRC, someone leaked someone's protocol and score once, but it wasn't by the skater.

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
Oh Sasha. I wonder if a sports psychologist could help her. At this point the 3A is a mental block for her. She does it perfectly in training but can't deliver when it counts. The take off and axis was fine, she just didn't check out and sat down after the landing. :(
I mean it is for Aliona right now too. She's also having mental block issues on her 3A.

The 3A is a hard jump. I mean Liza T and Rika have had their 3As way longer and even they both struggle to do it perfectly each time. (Liza tends to spin out and Rika's aren't consistent.)

Tahuu

On the Ice
Russian test skates don't announce scores or give protocols publicly. It's only supposed to be feedback not a competition, so they intimate those to the skaters and their coaches.

IIRC, someone leaked someone's protocol and score once, but it wasn't by the skater.
Thank you!

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
I mean it is for Aliona right now too. She's also having mental block issues on her 3A.

The 3A is a hard jump. I mean Liza T and Rika have had their 3As way longer and even they both struggle to do it perfectly each time. (Liza tends to spin out and Rika's aren't consistent.)
I think Sasha will get it. She overroted this one. But that mental block she has when she performs is the mayor obstacle for her.

When it comes to Alëna, I'm not so sure. She wasn't even close. Landing forwards means downgraded and in that case it isn't worth it.

It seems the only ones that have solid 3A's are still Liza and Kamila...which is very impressive. It IS a hard jump.

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
I think Sasha will get it. She overroted this one. But that mental block she has when she performs is the mayor obstacle for her.

When it comes to Alëna, I'm not so sure. She wasn't even close. Landing forwards means downgraded and in that case it isn't worth it.

It seems the only ones that have solid 3A's are still Liza and Kamila...which is very impressive. It IS a hard jump.
I think both of the will get it.

Daniil said that Alena was having mental issues with the jump - but she fought for it! In the past, she wouldn't have gone for it if she was struggling with it. I think she's getting there.

As for Sasha, she had it!

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I think she just got tensed up a little. Her combos looked really big in training and in shows a few months ago.
She made a similar mistake on 3A in 19-20, when it got a DG, but she still had many clean attempts aside from that one.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I just finished watching. In my opinion, the Juniors overtook the Seniors with their SP’s.

10) Elizaveta N. - Lovely PCS. However, all the jumps were under rotated. She will have troubles medaling even in the challenger circuit with this technical content. Also, same program as last year. Which I enjoy as it highlights her artistic strengths.
9) Sofia S - She is different. However, the jumps are low and she barely gets around. She should try to enjoy this season as much as possible as she will not be in the Senior Circuit, after this year. Love her fighting spirit and she can always claim European Champion and the one time she was selected to go to Worlds to her resume
8) Anna S - I loved her SP. it was excellent and all the elements were good minus the missed combo. But, I think she should be happy with her skate. One of my favourite programs
7) Sasha T - The Frida program is OK. Better than Tarakanova’s version. What is weird is that she looks amazing in practices. But, I under delivers when it counts. Still, she rotated her 3A and good for her, for going for it. She is going to need it.
6) Aliona K - Her 3A was <<. But, the rest of the program was really strong. However, it doesn’t highlight her strengths. I miss the old programs.

5) Elizaveta T - Great 3A. That Is how it is done. I think she doubled her combo as it is not ready. I don’t like her program too much. But, my respects to her for staying in the game and in contention as long as she has. Never count her out. Especially, with her never making it to the Olympics.
4) Kseniia S - Beautiful dress and my favourite program out of all the skaters. Her SP from last year was spectacular. I loved getting a new program. Panova really is an excellent coach. What makes Ksennia standout is the attention to detail. I love her. Only mistake was an under rotated 3Lz. But, she then executed her 3T really well to save the combo. Rooting for her breakthrough this year.
3) Maia K - Clean and well executed. Nothing much to say. Same program as last year. But, she couldn’t do any better.
2) Dasha U - I thought she had the best skating skills today and her new SP highlights these strengths. Maybe, she can make it despite having no ultra c elements. She is so consistent.
1) Kamila V - The only skater that would have earned a score of 80+ internationally. Dasha would have probably been close. Her 3A was good. But, wonky. Her jumps are quite off axis. But, she landed them. She is the class of the field and the reason why skaters need to master the 3A to keep up.

Overall, a good start to the season. Will be a tough battle between the 4 Seniors vs. The 4 Juniors.