Russian Senior Test Skates 2022 | Page 28 | Golden Skate

Russian Senior Test Skates 2022

bramweld

Record Breaker
I am late to the party.

Liked what I saw from the dancers S/D. The program is lovely, she is very expressive but her posture and extensions need work. He is finding his way but they have potential.

Really loved Irina and Daria. Very elegant expressive and crisp. I wish I liked their S/D it seems a bit too cold for a latin number.

As for ladies, I wish they'd give Valieva a broadway show tune or something to stretch her. The two pieces just seemed too similar and the second is much too dark. If she wants to use it as a show number, but it was just too over the top. Stop gaslighting the world and making a fool of yourself, you tested positive. So either yourself or your team or both parties are accountable. Crazy.

Need to catch up on the other two disciplines.

Honorable mention; Sofia S. needs more diversity in her programs and little Adelia is a charm.

Lurker11

On the Ice
Two error free skates from Kamila over the weekend she couldn't have asked for more. She hasn't lost any of her artistry if anything it improved. It lacks complex elements for now, but it's not realistic given her height at 16 and body shape for her to rely on quads into the future. I think her 4T returns. I'd rather see her have a long injury free career than take heavy falls attempting triple axels. The new age eligibility rules help her in the future.

Her two performances were incredible the critics would have pounced on her if she made errors with simplified content. Everyone else skated with little pressure, Kamila with the weight of the world. Then she added to the pressure with two programs that made reference to the nightmare she was suddenly confronted with at 15/16 during what should have been the best moment in her life. Whether it was via contamination or a silly lapse of judgement from a young girl under immense pressure preparing for an Olympics, it doesn't really change my high opinion of her or diminish her performances from last season.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I'm so looking forward to a great many seasons with Tema in the National Squad!

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
Samarin takes to the ice wearing a track-suit.

Lurker11

On the Ice
Another thing about Valieva: Her triple jumps look great despite gaining a bit of weight, her skating is stunning as always. Even if she isn't able to regain her quads, I think she will be hard to beat.

With simplified content Kamila will probably skate perfectly every time. I think she regains her 4T though because it's always been big and she has a lot of room to spare still in her 3T.

She will be beatable in the future, she won't be breaking world records again, but she's always going to be laying down a solid score and putting other skaters under pressure to land their big jumps cleanly.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Was Sasha's FS choreographed by Mikhailov? Seems like Nikita is a great choreographer for him!

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
Samarin’s programs used to put me to sleep. In recent years, however, I’m left wondering what the hell I just watched. Well, at least he’s no longer boring!