Sara Hurtado & Kirill Khaliavin | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Sara Hurtado & Kirill Khaliavin

Olibritt

On the Ice
Country
Spain
Sara & Kirill, so great!!:yahoo:
I think they were a little tense, I miss some choreographic touches here and there but they did a great program, a big improvement from the previous season and a top 10!
As old fashioned as it is, a love this program!! I’m looking forward to see it again at the Olympics.
The second spot at next year’s Euro’s should end all the drama at Spanish Nationals next season… maybe not :devil:But drama at Euro’s between two Spanish teams would be much more enjoyable!
Congrats Sara & Kirill, I’m so happy!

Barb

Record Breaker
Congrats!!! :gclap:. And they got an invitation to perform at the Gala :hap57:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Congratulations to Sara and Kirill on their top 8 finish!! As several people have said, it means they earn two Euro spots for the next year and could end unnecessary controversies over who to be sent to big events like this. The spectrum of Spanish figure skating has widen by this achievement as well is really pleasing.

While Sara has improved a lot in her basics, Kirill's innate dancing abilities and leading his partner firmly are quite impressive. I couldn't take my eyes off of him in both programs. :love: Their chemistry on ice was magical too. I hope they win medals after this upcoming Olympics is over. The new quad in dance can be fun and exciting!

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
The second spot at next year’s Euro’s should end all the drama at Spanish Nationals next season… maybe not
Oh, no. There is still the only spot for worlds, and we'll see a lot of Spanish passionate drama about it.:laugh:
Sara and Kirill have done a good job. But there is a lot of work for the Fed in the off-season about setting up qualification criteriae for the next worlds. And whatever criteria the Fed sets, there will be always someone who is not pleased with them.;)

Olibritt

On the Ice
Country
Spain
Competition is drama, always, it would be boring without it. I'm ok with a little drama but this year, with people accusing others of ugly things, it was too much. Anyway, next year, it will be a very different scenario.
This season the main problem was giving both teams international opportunities and get that second spot. Fortunately, S&K got it at Euros and we'll see what happens at Worlds with O&A, but the second spot looks like mission impossible this year. Can we hope for a miracle? Sometimes happens but not so often. The drama was about the Olympics, mainly, as in many other countries.
Next year, both teams will go to the EC with a mission as a Team Spain, try to get the third spot for Celia & Luis. I agree with Chapis, that competition should be important to decide which team is in better shape because at Worlds 2019, maybe, we can hope for a top 10 and get a second spot there. The team for worlds2019 is going to have a lot of pressure on them, as much as S&K had at this euros.
Gordana I agree with you, we are going to have drama for some years and, in healthy proportions, IMO, that's excellent news.:laugh:

NicolettaL

Final Flight
Oh, no. There is still the only spot for worlds, and we'll see a lot of Spanish passionate drama about it.:laugh:
Sara and Kirill have done a good job. But there is a lot of work for the Fed in the off-season about setting up qualification criteriae for the next worlds. And whatever criteria the Fed sets, there will be always someone who is not pleased with them.;)

Haven't Spanish Fed already said that S/D will do Worlds?

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Haven't Spanish Fed already said that S/D will do Worlds?

Yes, but a year ago there was a last minute change and those who went to the Worlds were S / D, after the rumors of the losses in the Russian team I see more and more possible a good result in the Olympics ... A good result of S / K at the Olympics would repeat the novel last year? Well, no more drama at the moment, just celebrations and the best positive energies for Sara and Kirill :cheer:

Thanks chapis for the EX :love:

I think that the intellectual author of our ice dance S/K is Zhulin (who else would convince Kirill to change his nationality so he doesn't stop competing?) A coach with an excellent perspective :agree:

I felt happy to see that Kirill still has fans of his country who support him even though he now competes for Spain (they raised Russian and Spanish flags at the end of his presentations) and Sara overcame the nerves and was wonderful :yes2:

Olibritt

On the Ice
Country
Spain
Great Sara & Kirill!!
https://streamable.com/nmo04
Same score than at Europeans, a 12th position, it's extremely difficult to make a top 10, but I love them anyway.
Sara, at this point is a professional; I still remember her first olympics with Adri, how emotional they were after the FD. This time, Sara was talking (screaming) from the K&C to his father, who was screaming even loader: "Vale Papa":rofl:

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Sara and Kirill are incredible, SB in OLYMPICS!! 101 :yahoo:

I love FD and SD :luv17: