Sara Hurtado & Kirill Khaliavin | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Sara Hurtado & Kirill Khaliavin

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to Sara and Kirill for a top 12 Olympic finish :yahoo: Their TES also in the top 10 for the FD :party2: Too bad I won't see them in Milan :sad21:

Olibritt

On the Ice
Country
Spain
I woke up yesterday at 3:00, saw their group and went to bed again. I couldn´t believe it! 101,40 :cheer:
I kew that they were going to be 12th but the surprise came this morning, when I saw the rest of the scores, S&K FD score was higher that Choke&Bates!! I haven't seen their video yet, but I am absolutely impressed!

Good job Sara & Kirill, I'm so proud of them and so happy!
I have to add another good news from them. Until this Olympics I had serious doubts about Kirill's ability to smile but, at soon as they arrived to the Olympic Villa, he began to post pictures with and enormous and sincere smile on his face! That's a big improvement! :laugh: Rilke said that the true homeland is childhood and that's probably true, no passport can change that, but the joy we saw these days from the two of them was something special, they really were the spanish team, no doubt about it. We expect big things from you two!!

I haven't found a video of their FD to download yet. The one in rutube gives me problems. If someone finds a good one, please, post the link.

Congrats to Sara and Kirill for a top 12 Olympic finish :yahoo: Their TES also in the top 10 for the FD :party2: Too bad I won't see them in Milan :sad21:

I have the same feeling, I'd love to see their programs again because, without GP competitions, the season was very short for them. But I want to see Olivia&Adrian too and I really hope a big surprise at worlds from them too!

Tex

On the Ice
Bravo Sara and Kirill! What great performaces at the Olympics from these two. Here’s their FD: https://streamable.com/5pb58

One article I read said that Kirill’s FD costume jacket was actually worn by a former Bolshoi ballet dancer who danced Don Quixote multiple times.

Olibritt

On the Ice
Country
Spain
Bravo Sara and Kirill! What great performaces at the Olympics from these two. Here’s their FD: https://streamable.com/5pb58

One article I read said that Kirill’s FD costume jacket was actually worn by a former Bolshoi ballet dancer who danced Don Quixote multiple times.

Thank you Tex!!

Great quality of the video and RAI commentary, always pasionate about the skaters, I love it!

About the outfits, Sonia Lafuente said that it was the vest the piece from Bolshoi but maybe you are right and it's the jacket, it makes more sense. Anyway, this program is really a remarkable spanish russian colaboration in every posible way, the skaters, russian coaches and spanish choreographer, the outfits made in Spain and Russia and, of course the spanish novel and the russian ballet!!

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
According to Sara's Instagram, she and Kirill are traveling to Madrid ... Strange, right?

I was very happy with their presentations, now I just hope they receive more support from the FED and can participate in more tournaments the following season, dreaming costs nothing and watching them skate is a real joy :clap:

I love the little dolls that the fans gave them :love:

Barb

Record Breaker
According to Sara's Instagram, she and Kirill are traveling to Madrid ... Strange, right?

I was very happy with their presentations, now I just hope they receive more support from the FED and can participate in more tournaments the following season, dreaming costs nothing and watching them skate is a real joy :clap:

I love the little dolls that the fans gave them :love:

Why strange? Maybe they Will be giving interviews and discussing stuff with the federation.

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Why strange? Maybe they Will be giving interviews and discussing stuff with the federation.

I said that it seemed strange to me because I thought they would stay at the closing ceremony, but hey, they are in presentations with Sonia La Fuente in Spain :hap10:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Their FD was one of the highlights of the competition for me. Congratulations!

Olibritt

On the Ice
Country
Spain
Spanish media doesn´t pay too much attention to ice skating, apart from Javi, but reporting about Pyeongchang OG, they have published a few pieces about Sara & Kirill . Here they are:

Before ice dance competition at OG:
04/2/18 Mundo Deportivo Kirill Khaliavin, la joya júnior que se reinventó para ser olímpica
05/2/18 Mundo Deportivo Sara Hurtado o el creer en una segunda oportunidad
07/2/18 Marca Sara Hurtado y Kyril Khalyavin, dos talentos de la danza que buscan diplomarse
11/2/18 Mundo Deportivo Sara Hurtado: "Creo que podemos aspirar al top10"

After ice dance competition at OG:

19/2/18 Marca Sara Hurtado: "Acabar en el 'top 10' es un reto ambicioso, pero se puede esperar todo"
20/2/18 Marca Hurtado y Khaliavin logran la mejor posición olímpica para una pareja de danza española
21/2/18 Marca La danza, el futuro motor del patinaje artístico español
28/2/18 Marca De Pyeongchang a Pekín: cuatro años para soñar con Sara Hurtado y Kirill Jalyavin
01/3/18 ElEconomista Sara Hurtado y Kirill Khaliavin: "A día de hoy no podemos entrenar a un nivel alto en España"
06/03/18 RTVE Los Reyes agradecen los esfuerzos y éxitos a los españoles de Pyeongchang 2018

To see icedance news in the Spanish media is always good news. Apart from that, these pieces try to introduce Sara&Kirill to the spanish audience. They are looking at Pekin 2022 and they are ambitious, they want to medal. :agree:
They had a great season, now time to work in the next one!

Barb

Record Breaker
Spanish media doesn´t pay too much attention to ice skating, apart from Javi, but reporting about Pyeongchang OG, they have published a few pieces about Sara & Kirill . Here they are:

Before ice dance competition at OG:
04/2/18 Mundo Deportivo Kirill Khaliavin, la joya júnior que se reinventó para ser olímpica
05/2/18 Mundo Deportivo Sara Hurtado o el creer en una segunda oportunidad
07/2/18 Marca Sara Hurtado y Kyril Khalyavin, dos talentos de la danza que buscan diplomarse
11/2/18 Mundo Deportivo Sara Hurtado: "Creo que podemos aspirar al top10"

After ice dance competition at OG:

19/2/18 Marca Sara Hurtado: "Acabar en el 'top 10' es un reto ambicioso, pero se puede esperar todo"
20/2/18 Marca Hurtado y Khaliavin logran la mejor posición olímpica para una pareja de danza española
21/2/18 Marca La danza, el futuro motor del patinaje artístico español
28/2/18 Marca De Pyeongchang a Pekín: cuatro años para soñar con Sara Hurtado y Kirill Jalyavin
01/3/18 ElEconomista Sara Hurtado y Kirill Khaliavin: "A día de hoy no podemos entrenar a un nivel alto en España"
06/03/18 RTVE Los Reyes agradecen los esfuerzos y éxitos a los españoles de Pyeongchang 2018

To see icedance news in the Spanish media is always good news. Apart from that, these pieces try to introduce Sara&Kirill to the spanish audience. They are looking at Pekin 2022 and they are ambitious, they want to medal. :agree:
They had a great season, now time to work in the next one!

It is great that they are getting attention, they deserve it. I cant wait for the next season!!

Olibritt

On the Ice
Country
Spain
Thank you!
I love to read interviews in russian (I read the translation, of course), specially of russian coaches, because all diplomacy seems to evaporate when they speak in their own language :laugh: That is not the case with Kirill, his answers are extremely diplomatic, but I enjoyed the interview anyway. Maybe in a few years he will be a bit more open... :biggrin:

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Sara and Kirill GP assignment :hap10:

Grand Prix Finland - November 2-4, 2018
Rostelecom Cup - November 16-18, 2018

:hap93:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
According to FSU, their FD will be to Great Gig in the Sky by Pink Floyd, Sign of the times by Harry Styles and SD to Libertango and something else. Source was Pirouette magazine (German language).

StormyCloudss

On the Ice
According to FSU, their FD will be to Great Gig in the Sky by Pink Floyd, Sign of the times by Harry Styles and SD to Libertango and something else. Source was Pirouette magazine (German language).

Oh I'm so excited for their FD! Excited and anxious at the same time, because V/M did a fabulous Pink Floyd program in 2008-09, but it's been such a long time since one of the top dance teams went so unconventional for a music choice. The post-Olympic season has started indeed! Will be keeping tabs on them <3