Satoko Miyahara announced her retirement | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Satoko Miyahara announced her retirement

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
There will be a press meeting from Satoko about her retirement announcement. The time will be Apr 1st (Fri) at 13:30 (Japan local time). The following is a YT link (not sure if it will be blocked or not not blocked and can be viewed from overseas):

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am sad to hear this. Class act, beautiful, musical and lyrical skater. ONe wonders if the ur's would have been a problem had her federation let her jump in her natural direction. I am always a bit sad when a skater of this quality retires especially on kind ofa "down notee - not making the olympics, world or 4CC team. It is natural to wonder if she would have stayed on if the Japanese ladies weren't so strong. But I wish her much happiness. I think she had some of the most beautiful skating.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I'm one of many who will miss her. I saw her in person for the first time at Skate America last fall and she was one of the highlights of the event. I wish her well in whatever she ends up doing, hopefully she'll still be involved with skating in some form because she has much to give.
PaulE and I saw her at SkateCanada 2014 where she got 3rd and caught my eye and then BOOM! Silver at Worlds that season! Best wishes and lets hope she stays around figure skating.....
(We also got to see her at SA 2018 Everett with that Kaori person.... ;) )
Nathan Chen was there and won, Vincent was there and I loved seeing Marin Honda even if she has issues.... :love2:
a satoko kaori.JPG

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Had to throw this in....SA 2015. I took this pic of Satoko, who was never afraid of jogging around the concourse, stopping and giving an autograph to an admiring fan....who turned out to be a forum member! LOL!
a skate america 2015.JPG

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ I am SO grateful we attended 2021 Skate America and got to see Satoko there! Ditto for 2017 Skate America in Lake Placid, NY (Satoko won the gold medal there, Kaori, the silver, & Bradie, the bronze)! :cheer::hap10:

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Had to throw this in....SA 2015. I took this pic of Satoko, who was never afraid of jogging around the concourse, stopping and giving an autograph to an admiring fan....who turned out to be a forum member! LOL!
View attachment 5124

Ohh, lucky you! And Satoko is so gracious as always ☺️
I have never seen her live, but I'd love to. I want there to be a global FS show that she could join. :pray:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Ohh, lucky you! And Satoko is so gracious as always ☺️
I have never seen her live, but I'd love to. I want there to be a global FS show that she could join. :pray:
Wouldnt that be great!!! In 2002, in the US, Champions on Ice did 93 shows in 85 cities with 27 skaters. Sadly, in the US, we dont appreciate quality artistry like the Japanese people do......at least I can see the Japanese skaters at 4 continents and SkateAmerica.....