Satoko Miyahara | Page 135 | Golden Skate

Satoko Miyahara

malya

On the Ice
Sima got 26 (!!!)pcs, the judges are a bit... stingy.

I really liked the change in her SP!!

moonstruck

On the Ice
echoing what's already been said but that PCS score is a bit perplexing...

a beautiful skate from Satoko though. Her spiral is quite fantastic but the knee slide fit well too. Good luck to her in the free skate tomorrow :)

randomfan

Record Breaker
What a joke this PCS scoring is...do these judges even follow this sport?

I personally don’t really like the knee slide. The spiral was good enough, but if she wanted to change it then I think a spread eagle would’ve been more effective.

The step sequence has also been changed, which I feel does not really change much about the program. But we’ve seen Satoko always change her choreography midway through every season so far so it’s no surprise.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Satoko won the Bavarian Open. She got 136.77 in the Free.
TES: 71.75
PCs: 65.02

These judges are giving me a headache. 65 in PCs. Poor Satton. These judges did her wrong

SkateSkates

Medalist
Satoko won the Bavarian Open. She got 136.77 in the Free.
TES: 71.75
PCs: 65.02

These judges are giving me a headache. 65 in PCs. Poor Satton. These judges did her wrong

I’m going to go ahead and pretend it says 75 and not 65 :)

These small competitions have the strangest judging. Sometimes super high and sometimes super low. What matters is that she seemed to have a pretty good skate but I hope she isn’t too discouraged by the scores.

Spinning

On the Ice
This is a crime! How on earth any judges blindly gave her 7s in her interpretation and skating skills is beyond my sanity!

amonemae

Rinkside
I enjoyed the changes to both the SP and FS. It's good to see her experimenting with different movements and I like the drama of the knee slide in the SP. I am still confused about her receiving a stsq3 again though :(

Wombat1800

On the Ice
Do you know if she ever land it properly in practice ? Anyway I think we are not ready to see one in competition.
However, I hope she can once again be on the podium at the world championships this year. Do you think she will have new dresses this time again ? :luv17:

Agree, she still seems a little ways off from landing it consistently, but it's cool to see her trying it without a harness.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
I can see she wants it with the determined look on her face. A while to go before landing it but I have faith in her :pray:

lzxnl

Final Flight
Given her height and documented struggles on her other jumps, if she could land a 3A, that would indeed be phenomenal.

Fool

On the Ice
Country
South-Korea
Good luck at World's Satoko:hap10:

Time difference and work means I'll miss everything:cry: but I wanted to go on record and cheer for the this goddess on ice before it all begins!

OniBan

Final Flight
I don't know how to say this but the PCS Worlds SP is a travesty, and whether or not she can get on the podium, I hope Satton will have the skate of her life in the freeskate. Go Satoko!!