Savchenko and Szolkowy Back in Business | Golden Skate

Savchenko and Szolkowy Back in Business

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Germany's Aliona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy had a rough start into the Olympic season when they struggled in their free skate at last month's Trophée Bompard.

More

Wicked

Final Flight
I thought S&S's new LP was lovely. I really like the short too. They need to lose the makeup, though. We would get it that they're clowns perfectly well without it.

Rinkside
I didn't really want it. I thought 'this is boring and the people are going to fall asleep'.

That is how I felt about this programme when watching it. But judging on the posts on this board other people apparently liked it very much so I suspect that my impressions had more to do with watching it on justintv with the quality not being particularly good. It must have looked much better for people watching it in the arena.

I like this pair very much and I hope they will win gold medal (with Yuko and Alexander winning silver).

evangeline

Record Breaker
That is how I felt about this programme when watching it. But judging on the posts on this board other people apparently liked it very much so I suspect that my impressions had more to do with watching it on justintv with the quality not being particularly good. It must have looked much better for people watching it in the arena.

I was at the arena, and I will say it definitely looked much better when watching it live, in person. S/S had a power and conviction to their skating that clearly set them apart from the other teams at the event, and they were one of the very few non-Canadian skaters (and if I recall correctly, the only non-Canadian skaters) who received a full standing ovation among all the disciplines at Skate Canada.

BlackAxel

Final Flight
I was at the arena, and I will say it definitely looked much better when watching it live, in person. S/S had a power and conviction to their skating that clearly set them apart from the other teams at the event, and they were one of the very few non-Canadian skaters (and if I recall correctly, the only non-Canadian skaters) who received a full standing ovation among all the disciplines at Skate Canada.

No Denis Ten also recieved a standing ovation for his sp, Sing, Sing, Sing. I agree that S/S have a spectacular program for the LP. I think its a close tie for gold at Vancouver....every mistake will be crucial between S/S and S/Z.