Shoma Uno to change coaches | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno to change coaches

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Shoma is trying to catch up to Jason for “who can take the most photos with fellow skaters in the shortest amount of time”.

Still no shoulder rubs though;)

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Okay this is mega news! I never thought Shoma would leave the nest.

Reminds me of the saying (loosely translated): If you love the child, send him/her on a journey. 可愛い子には旅をさせよ。
I am excited for his future, whatever it may bring.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I really appreciate Shoma is upping his game and not sitting still - trying to find that final touch which will get him gold. It is really exciting right now form a tech perspective the push in singles skating; not so sure artistically it is great but I guess it is hard to have a great balance of both. As wonderful as the skaters are increasing quads has come at a cost. In a way Shoma would be Eteri's dream female skater - slight build, short, survived pubert and power which her ladies don't have and may not have oncethey hit puberty.

LynsJ

On the Ice
If Shoma has a bust-out season culminating in a world championship, I think people will start saying, "That Eteri Georgievna -- she's a pretty good coach." :yes:

If he has a great season and throws down some mad combos/super consistency in comps then I think eteri will finally be in demand for male skaters! Can’t wait to see what he brings this season. Very excited to be getting to see him in IDF [emoji7]

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
If Shoma has a bust-out season culminating in a world championship, I think people will start saying, "That Eteri Georgievna -- she's a pretty good coach." :yes:

I honestly doubt that people will react that way. =)
I think we'll probably only get more conspiracy theories on how she owns ISU, federations and judges :biggrin:
Maybe also rumors on how Shoma is starved and abused, or that's he's only jumping because he's short/built a certain way (like people didn't notice that about him before):scratch2:
So whatever it takes to discount the actual hard work. :rolleye:
Funnily enough, I wonder how theories that skaters are overworked (meaning at least admitting that they work hard) and that they are overscored, because of the coach (meaning that they aren't better than anyone else/than they were before) are able to co-exist :think:

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
The Eteri diet in action:
(Shoma shared this pic with his brother and Itsuki shared it on twitter)

https://twitter.com/jumokuno0108/status/1148579560939593729

Seems like Novogorsk training facility has a decent menu in their cafeteria. A steak with fries? Pretty cool.
I’ve been to those sorts of facilities not too long ago (5 years or so), to me it always looked like the dive in the past, with old school glasses and utensils :) and traditional Soviet menu :)

P.S. The bread though... lepeshka. Haven’t had those in a while.

Shedi0806

On the Ice
The Eteri diet in action:
(Shoma shared this pic with his brother and Itsuki shared it on twitter)

https://twitter.com/jumokuno0108/status/1148579560939593729

Seems like Novogorsk training facility has a decent menu in their cafeteria. A steak with fries? Pretty cool.
I’ve been to those sorts of facilities not too long ago (5 years or so), to me it always looked like the dive in the past, with old school glasses and utensils :) and traditional Soviet menu :)

P.S. The bread though... lepeshka. Haven’t had those in a while.

I think that's a duck breast, but I see your point. :biggrin:

ruga

Final Flight
That is astounding, especially the quality/distance on the 3A. Hope he can land that in competition!

Question: not that he should take such a risk, but is he allowed to do this in the SP too? Eg 3A+4T, 3A, 4F? Since technically the first one is a quad in combination with a triple?
I don't think they can do two triples of the same name when they're not in the same combination. He could only do: 2A, 4F, 3A+4T for example or if he wanted to actually get bigger base value: 3A, 4F, 3Lz+4T (but that's pretty insane, especially when you get only +1.7 points to your base value)

die Wolke

Rinkside
So, not Eteri.

"Shoma Uno announced that next season he plans to compete without a main coach. His training base will be Chukyo University and Takeshi Honda will be his jump coach".

Also he said "he wants to take his time looking for an overseas training base and main coach. He said he’d ideally like to train every day around athletes of the same level, who are doing multiple types of quads." :think:
https://twitter.com/figureskatingm1/status/1150648016191098880