Shoma Uno to change coaches | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno to change coaches

Grin

Medalist
Eteri is powerful, powerful versus her federation, powerful versus judges. Much more powerful than the Japanese Fed.
Honestly I don’t see which other input, improvements, new technical stuff can she offer to Shoma.
Her results with male skaters till now are not so impressive, not to convince a silver Olimpic medalist, winner of the last 4CC, even if injured, to go to her, except for the reasons I stated in the first sentence.
Overmistress Eteri :laugh2:

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
If he decides to stay with Eteri Georgievna i wonder whether they will rework the programs to add more transitions.

Uno may want to improve his quads in the Eteri group. His American rivals have become so consistent in landing quads, which was why missed the podium at the World championships. Uno will be inspired and awed by the young quad jumpers in her group.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Agree Eteri can definitely help with consistency and consistency with quads. Shoma also strikes me as a "workaholic" type of skater, who does not care how hard he trains as long as he gets results— another match with the Eteri method.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Eteri is powerful, powerful versus her federation, powerful versus judges. Much more powerful than the Japanese Fed.
Honestly I don’t see which other input, improvements, new technical stuff can she offer to Shoma.
Her results with male skaters till now are not so impressive, not to convince a silver Olimpic medalist, winner of the last 4CC, even if injured, to go to her, except for the reasons I stated in the first sentence.

Eteri is probably Chuck Norris of figure skating :laugh:

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia

Nevertheless, even the soccer players after the meeting with the girls Eteri won the next day with a record score, and the striker Dziuba scored four goals in this match after leaving the aftograf on a T-shirt for Trusova. Of course this is all offtopic and joke. And a blind squirrel can of course find two nuts at once :)

Mawwerg

Final Flight
Nevertheless, even the soccer players after the meeting with the girls Eteri won the next day with a record score, and the striker Dziuba scored four goals in this match after leaving the aftograf on a T-shirt for Trusova. Of course this is all offtopic and joke. And a blind squirrel can of course find two nuts at once :)

Yeah, footballers do not meet Eteri girls everyday, however an opportunity to play with San Marino national team is also quite rare. :laugh:

Seruleane

Final Flight
I am hopeful that Shoma will not only improve his consistency and quad technique under Eteri, but maybe Eteri and co will come to appreciate that using outside choreographers can be beneficial once in a while as well. Or maybe DaniG will be able to incorporate the best of DW and SLB into his choreography.

moriel

Record Breaker
I am hopeful that Shoma will not only improve his consistency and quad technique under Eteri, but maybe Eteri and co will come to appreciate that using outside choreographers can be beneficial once in a while as well. Or maybe DaniG will be able to incorporate the best of DW and SLB into his choreography.

Keep in mind that most Eteri skaters are no senior level stars yet, and not necessarely can afford (and fed will not necessarely pay) for them to get choreo outside.
Pretty sure that, apart from lets say 3 skaters, it is not a choice.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Agree Eteri can definitely help with consistency and consistency with quads.

The first, yes. There is a lot of evidence that she can help athletes with consistency in training a program & being prepared. Though, actually, Shoma is usually pretty prepared relative to other men early in the season.

The second, perhaps? We will see. I don't think Trusova, Scherbakova, and certainly not Kvitelashvili are clearly more consistent on their quads than Shoma. Of course that probably depends upon which quad we are discussing. (And, thus far, we've no idea how consistent Tursynbaeva will be with hers).

Eteri has certainly shown the ability to help maximize points based on what one has. She also continues to raise the bar, though I'm not sure I can think of many cases where she has done this via the same individuals. Tursynbaeva is one, but usually it is the next young lady on the scene that raises the bar from this camp. It will be interesting to see what Eteri does do with Shoma if he goes there.

Though I am sad it sounds like he has burned his bridges with his previous coach. She deserves major kudos for helping him become one of a few competitive men in the world.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Though I am sad it sounds like he has burned his bridges with his previous coach. She deserves major kudos for helping him become one of a few competitive men in the world.

Japanese media said that his old coach supported his coaching change. The bridges are definitely not burned :)

MMisMis

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Japanese media said that his old coach supported his coaching change. The bridges are definitely not burned :)

The bridges are definitely not burned. But there is no turning back - аfter such a loud statement.
Although moral support coach is great! :молиться:

Nilf

Rinkside
The first, yes. There is a lot of evidence that she can help athletes with consistency in training a program & being prepared. Though, actually, Shoma is usually pretty prepared relative to other men early in the season.

The second, perhaps? We will see. I don't think Trusova, Scherbakova, and certainly not Kvitelashvili are clearly more consistent on their quads than Shoma. Of course that probably depends upon which quad we are discussing. (And, thus far, we've no idea how consistent Tursynbaeva will be with hers).

Eteri has certainly shown the ability to help maximize points based on what one has. She also continues to raise the bar, though I'm not sure I can think of many cases where she has done this via the same individuals. Tursynbaeva is one, but usually it is the next young lady on the scene that raises the bar from this camp. It will be interesting to see what Eteri does do with Shoma if he goes there.

https://rsport.ria.ru/20190610/1555428138.html
Inna Goncharenko said that Kvitelashvili cannot be an example because of his "peculiar psyche". She reminded who he was before Tutberdize and who he is now. Goncharenko thinks that Shoma Uno wants to fight Chen and Hanyu. He has great tech already that perfectly fits him and he seeks for "concrete consistency". That is why Uno needs more hard Eteri's system. She is sure that Tutberidze also will experience a certain adjustment. Goncharenko is eager to see what Shoma will become after the layering of the new system on his Japanese style, eager to see how both skater and coach will evolve.

Also, Inna Georgievna called Shoma "our Japanese". Averbukh called him "our Japanese friend" too.
Shomomania in Russia starts in 3,2,1...:yahoo:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Evidently an article in the Japanese media said that Shoma himself said he was going to the camp to see what he could improve with his jumps

And (ETA: I hope I got this right)he may have NO coach next year:eeking:

(In the Shoma FF, can’t link at the moment)

I’ve said it before. I’ll say it again. Boyang was going to TCC. For sure and absolutely. Until he didn’t.;)
No skater is anywhere permanently until they are. :biggrin:

Manitou

Medalist
Very soon we will have only three figure skating training centers in the world: Tutberidze, Dubreuil and Orser. Excuse me, not training centers, but corporations...

saphire

On the Ice
This is my understanding of Jack G. from others (I do not read Japanese and could not judge myself), that he is not the most trustworthy source and goes for the click bait headlines.

Of course, even a broken clock is right twice a day....;)

he regularly blocks random people who are even mildly critical of his techniques, such as taking tweets from randoms people as sources, taking translation and not citing source, or even getting permission.

el_henry said:
This is my understanding of Jack G. from others (I do not read Japanese and could not judge myself), that he is not the most trustworthy source and goes for the click bait headlines.

He regularly blocks random people who are even mildly critical of his techniques, such as taking tweets from randoms people as sources, taking translation and not citing source, or even getting permission.

Are you ready to be blocked, El H? :)