Shoma Uno | Page 1145 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
hehe
patrick fans are often different from some other fans... we like patrick because he is an amazing skater.. not because he is patrick chan... it's quite different :) skating first, human being second ;)

with many fandoms, it's human being first and then skating if that makes me 4ever1 :) then fine ;) I can live with that :) i am also 4everchen and 4everphan ;) on the same basis.
I regrettably admit to appreciating Shoma as a human being first and as a skater second...😅 It was kind of how I became his fan, basically by noticing his intensity and admiring that quality. Though I think I will save the exact story of how I became a Shoma fan for later, it's a little bit personal. 😅

yuumagical

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, dear Maka! She sat in front of me at a Worlds pracctice. On the previous page (Post 22855), I posted the pillow she made for Shoma. So cool! She is definitely a Sho super-fan.
Yep, definitely a super-fan! Maka was among those who received my Shoma fan gift bags and in return she gave me some cute photos and coasters! I'm really glad she's doing cool things for Shoma and his fans! :giggle:

yuumagical

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Perhaps he’ll wait until summer officially starts before he says anything. This isn’t negative at all but if Shoma announces retirement (which I strongly think he will) it’ll be great news because he is moving into the next chapter of his skating life and life in general. If he sticks around to compete, great but it would seem the chances of his retirement are strong given what he and Stéphane have said this past season. He’ll still be around either way and we can look forward to whatever he gives us.
I think you may be on to something in the sense that he'll wait until summer starts before saying anything. Whether or not the proposed jump rule changes in June pass might affect his desire to skate one way or the other. As much as I am uncertain about whether these rule changes in general would be a good thing or not, things such as removing a jump pass would arguably benefit Shoma. Of course, there is always the possibility that he might not want to adapt to a new set of rules (or even continue on under the old set of rules, should they remain in place). I do think the possibility of Shoma continuing still exists...but I'm not necessarily hoping for that to happen. What I am hoping for is for whatever is best for Shoma, whatever makes him happy, whether it is continuing, retiring, or simply taking a break...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I regrettably admit to appreciating Shoma as a human being first and as a skater second...😅 It was kind of how I became his fan, basically by noticing his intensity and admiring that quality. Though I think I will save the exact story of how I became a Shoma fan for later, it's a little bit personal. 😅
Intensity of performance is both the human and the skater ;) There is nothing wrong with that one... but now i am curious about the rest... :) If you became a fan of Shoma because he is damn cute, well, that's fine too :) That's why I like Frangipani LOL

rabidline

Final Flight
Some fans have been reporting their interactions with Shoma at PIW (including numerous trolling answers about whether OPOI will happen or not in the first day), and this one is about new programs, which I guess we can expect to see in July at The Ice:

Fan: Did you make a new program?
Shoma: I haven't thought about it at all.
Fan: So, next up is One Piece, or rather, The Ice.
Shoma: I'm hoping to showcase my new program at The Ice...
Fan: I'll be there to see the Aichi show!!!! Good luck!

Also Shoma's schedule this off season... at first I thought "wow, Shoma seems to be in less shows than before" but now that everything is announced he's back at 51 performances again. He started early this year with shows in January and February so he has completed 20 performances already! (PIW Tokyo, PIW Shiga, Stars on Ice Japan, and 1/3 of PIW Yokohama).

Last edited:

Figskater23

Final Flight
Some fans have been reporting their interactions with Shoma at PIW (including numerous trolling answers about whether OPOI will happen or not in the first day), and this one is about new programs, which I guess we can expect to see in July at The Ice:

Fan: Did you make a new program?
Shoma: I haven't thought about it at all.
Fan: So, next up is One Piece, or rather, The Ice.
Shoma: I'm hoping to showcase my new program at The Ice...
Fan: I'll be there to see the Aichi show!!!! Good luck!

Also Shoma's schedule this off season... at first I thought "wow, Shoma seems to be in less shows than before" but now that everything is announced he's back at 51 performances again. He started early this year with shows in January and February so he has completed 20 performances already! (PIW Tokyo, PIW Shiga, Stars on Ice Japan, and 1/3 of PIW Yokohama).

Jeezaloo that’s a lot of shows! A new program at The Ice? I wonder what that could mean. Maybe he’ll start creating new programs specifically just for shows in Japan.

Figskater23

Final Flight
I think you may be on to something in the sense that he'll wait until summer starts before saying anything. Whether or not the proposed jump rule changes in June pass might affect his desire to skate one way or the other. As much as I am uncertain about whether these rule changes in general would be a good thing or not, things such as removing a jump pass would arguably benefit Shoma. Of course, there is always the possibility that he might not want to adapt to a new set of rules (or even continue on under the old set of rules, should they remain in place). I do think the possibility of Shoma continuing still exists...but I'm not necessarily hoping for that to happen. What I am hoping for is for whatever is best for Shoma, whatever makes him happy, whether it is continuing, retiring, or simply taking a break...
I can see it in his eyes and his smile from the PIW photos online that he seems to be feeling really good after Worlds. There is a spark in his eyes. I think the time he has had to rest and spend time with his loved ones has really made him relaxed. He is not thinking about what comes next in skating right now and that’s great. He is taking it day by day and just continuing to rest his mind and body.

rabidline

Final Flight
I can see it in his eyes and his smile from the PIW photos online that he seems to be feeling really good after Worlds. There is a spark in his eyes. I think the time he has had to rest and spend time with his loved ones has really made him relaxed. He is not thinking about what comes next in skating right now and that’s great. He is taking it day by day and just continuing to rest his mind and body.
I have been thinking the same, seeing all his photos. He just doesn't seem to be in a rush. It is a weird feeling to see him so relaxed while the other skaters (the guys especially) seems to be going full throttle to prepare for the next season with new programs and new plans, but at the same time - it makes sense that Shoma is taking his time. I wouldn't be surprised if he's also unsure about his future plans, so from my side I just hope he can enjoy every single moment. He really does look good and healthy and relaxed and that's really good to see.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I saw the number of shows and thought YIKES! I think his previous record for summer shows was 32. So this number of shows is similar to what he has done before. Makes me exhausted thinking about it, but he has said he actually skates less when he's doing shows.

He has had some hilarious and unbelievable interactions with fans over the years. It's no wonder the fans love talking with him. My favorites:

Fan: So when are you going to Chicago for training?
Shoma: Oh, I'm going to Chicago?

Fan: I love your butt.
Shoma: ?!?!?!

I'm sure he wasn't supposed to tell the One Piece news himself, but he was giving some pretty strong hints. He kinda gave it away when he said "Has an announcement been made?" LOL.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I saw the number of shows and thought YIKES! I think his previous record for summer shows was 32. So this number of shows is similar to what he has done before. Makes me exhausted thinking about it, but he has said he actually skates less when he's doing shows.

He has had some hilarious and unbelievable interactions with fans over the years. It's no wonder the fans love talking with him. My favorites:

Fan: So when are you going to Chicago for training?
Shoma: Oh, I'm going to Chicago?

I'm sure he wasn't supposed to tell the One Piece news himself, but he was giving some pretty strong hints. He kinda gave it away when he said "Has an announcement been made?" LOL.
Shomygod !!!!!! That's awesome. Gosh... who would dare telling him about his assets... I mean, talking about them in this thread is common but to his face ? Some fans have more nerve than I would ever have ;)

yuumagical

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Are you sure you didn't say this to him, @Arriba627? 😂 I'm not even bold enough to say so directly on this thread... Although I agree with the general sentiment, I am thoroughly aware that it is off-limits, look but don't touch...

Somehow the thread always returns to this topic, doesn't it? xD

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Are you sure you didn't say this to him, @Arriba627? 😂 I'm not even bold enough to say so directly on this thread... Although I agree with the general sentiment, I am thoroughly aware that it is off-limits, look but don't touch...

Somehow the thread always returns to this topic, doesn't it? xD
Definitely wasn't me, although we used to discuss frequently on this thread how his @$$ets are um...memorable. In fact, every year on my birthday I put up a one-day-only special avatar in his honor.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How I love this photo! Little did Uncle Dai know that there was a little boy dreaming and envisioning himself skating like him! And when he did find out, he encouraged him to be all that he could be! Thank you!

ShoDai.jpg

Last edited:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Absolute Skating has a LONG article about the upcoming show in Shompery in August. There was a small section about who will be skating what. I look forward to hearing who will do the collaborations too.

Here's the small part about Shoma:
The work on the show started over a year ago, with ideas for the group numbers being tried out during the summer camp in 2023. "Each piece will have its own story, but the main theme will be magic, with a little boy discovering magic through different personalities," Stéphane revealed in our interview last autumn. With the setlist published on the official site of the festival, the main intrigue remains who will perform to each of the musical pieces. One could guess that Stéphane and Koshiro will reprise their programs to Mahler and "Danse Macabre" accordingly. As "Bipolar Mermaid" is part of Beatrice Berrut's "Untold Tales" series, presented as "tales that tell the stories of women, far away from the clichés Western traditional tales like to put them," one might expect it to be portrayed by Satoko or Marin. And, based on various recent interviews and TV reports, we know that Deniss will have a program to "The Firebird," while Shoma's program will have something to do with "Harry Potter," either as a solo number or as a collaboration. Speaking of collaborations, we've been promised some pretty exciting ones, to be announced soon.