Shoma Uno | Page 223 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^Awww! Two of my favorites together. And I'll make a bold (?) prediction -- Shoma and Deniss will stand on a podium together. Don't know where or when, but it'll happen...BTW Deniss' b'day is Aug. 9 if anyone wants to send a card. There is a p.o. box dedicated to him.

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
And I'll make a bold (?) prediction -- Shoma and Deniss will stand on a podium together. Don't know where or when, but it'll happen...

Yes please, that would be a dream come true for me! :yay: How reliable are your predictions usually? Can I start looking forward to it? ;)

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That would be a dream come true for me! :yay: How reliable are your predictions usually? Can I start looking forward to it? ;)

I wouldn't bet your paycheck on my predictions {{:drama:}}, but I think I like Deniss so much because I see some Shoma in him! And Stephane has been able to work his magic with both of them. I think Shoma really loves to compete, and I see the same in Deniss. In fact Deniss came off the ice at one of his GP events and you could hear him say "I love to skate!" I've said it before but will say it again, this is a really exciting time in figure skating! We're so lucky to be following now. Now if only we can build the fan base with the Olympic season!

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
I wouldn't bet your paycheck on my predictions {{:drama:}}, but I think I like Deniss so much because I see some Shoma in him! And Stephane has been able to work his magic with both of them. I think Shoma really loves to compete, and I see the same in Deniss. In fact Deniss came off the ice at one of his GP events and you could hear him say "I love to skate!"

Yes, at NHK Trophy! That was so endearing! :luv17: They're both complete skating nerds indeed and share many of the same qualities. I've already talked so much about those, I won't bore everyone to death by doing it again. :rolleye: Everything Steph is involved in is destined for greatness in my book, but Shoma and Deniss bring so much innate talent to the table that he really only has to brush up what's already there! (Also shout-out to Coach Fluffy with her knack for choreography and for highlighting Sho's strengths. :bow:)

I've said it before but will say it again, this is a really exciting time in figure skating! We're so lucky to be following now. Now if only we can build the fan base with the Olympic season!

I think it's looking pretty good at the moment. :) It's still a niche-sport in most parts of the world, but the popularity of skating hasn't been in such a relative decent state for a while I suppose. We've had quite an influx of new fans after Sochi for obvious reasons and then another wave this season thanks to Kubo and Yamamoto san. Let's hope the excitement of the upcoming Olympic season and the insane technical difficulty in the men's division (I know it's not as popular, but to a degree also in pairs) these days will help to build on that. There are also quite a few skaters with star potential in the current field with Sho clearly being one of them! I think we've had enough proof of that lately!!! :cool:

Latremu

Final Flight
You should be very proud of Michael. It is incredible to me that he was able to stay motivated as he learned his skating basics, considering the limited skating resources and facilities in the Philippines! Very admirable. I have seen him skate live at several competitions and always enjoy him.

Off-topic already (this thread is moving faster now, for sure!), but thank you for your kind words for Michael. What he's achieved in light of what little support he's received (especially prior to competing in the Olympics) is pretty amazing. I also enjoy his skating, and of course, his Biellmann spin is a sight to behold. 😊

Some news from Twitter, apparently Shoma's limited edition Colantotte necklace/pendant is sold out. One Twitter user was requesting for more to be sold, but they declined since it's "limited edition". I wonder how many they sold?

Kanna

On the Ice
Off-topic already (this thread is moving faster now, for sure!), but thank you for your kind words for Michael. What he's achieved in light of what little support he's received (especially prior to competing in the Olympics) is pretty amazing. I also enjoy his skating, and of course, his Biellmann spin is a sight to behold. 😊

Some news from Twitter, apparently Shoma's limited edition Colantotte necklace/pendant is sold out. One Twitter user was requesting for more to be sold, but they declined since it's "limited edition". I wonder how many they sold?

@Latemu, only around 100 sets're sold in Yokohama & official site, only those customers can go Shoma's Yokohama event, however, still other shops surely have limited sets but not have permission of pop in Yokohama event.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Winter at FaoI Kobe Broadcast just ended. Too short... am so in love with the final two spins. Shoma, you have a real cracker of a program next season (Speaking in BEsp terms)

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Winter at FaoI Kobe Broadcast just ended. Too short... am so in love with the final two spins. Shoma, you have a real cracker of a program next season (Speaking in BEsp terms)

Wasn't it amazing?! I just happened to catch it! Still a work in progress, but WOW! When they fill in the empty spaces, get the real costume -- Wow!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
It was amazing, Arriba. I'm so looking forward the evolution of Winter during the season. It's getting better after two weeks - where he didn't have THAT much time to work on it - already. This will be big, I feel it!

Other than this, the Kobe broadcast wasn't as good as the one in Makuhari, imho. You could barely see Shoma, and other skaters, sans Yuzuru, even less. If I hadn't known about ShoRin pairing, I wouldn't have seen it. The camerawork was weird. And the butchering of Beethoven hurt my ears.

I'm okay with the fact we won't get to see Niigata. It's good practice for ShoSho, but really I prefer competitions to ice shows. What is good about them is that we get to see old favourites, like Akiko.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I'm half asleep because I woke up at 4am for this. Shoma was rocking that choker/scarf in the opening. He looked amazing.

I think I'm going to really love Winter. Maybe because I'm a newer FS fan, I don't have the baggage of seeing other people having skated to it before so seeing that music interpreted on the ice is something that seems also newer to me and I'm really enjoying Shoma's interpretation of it. The pause and turn right at the beginning of the second half remains one of my favorite moments and his last two spins are looking amazing; I like that they happen in such a frantic moment of the music because the spins are FAST to match it! The step sequence is also coming together amazingly, and as always, that spread-eagle-sandwich 3A is a cracker. So it will definitely become one of my favorites for next season, much like Loco was this past season.

I think this was the first time I saw Shoma do a Russian split jump or at least that I noticed him doing one. It looked great.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
It was amazing, Arriba. I'm so looking forward the evolution of Winter during the season. It's getting better after two weeks - where he didn't have THAT much time to work on it - already. This will be big, I feel it!

Other than this, the Kobe broadcast wasn't as good as the one in Makuhari, imho. You could barely see Shoma, and other skaters, sans Yuzuru, even less. If I hadn't known about ShoRin pairing, I wouldn't have seen it. The camerawork was weird. And the butchering of Beethoven hurt my ears.

I'm okay with the fact we won't get to see Niigata. It's good practice for ShoSho, but really I prefer competitions to ice shows. What is good about them is that we get to see old favourites, like Akiko.

That is to bad that the camerawork and the music at the show was not that good. Maybe a video will surface with just the Shoma parts.

I enjoy the shows, some more than others. Of course my favorite shows of the past were with the Dream Team of Dai, Oda, Mao, Miki, Akiko, Taka etc. Sometimes the backstage antics were better
than the show! I am sentimentalist and I miss those days! The good news is that the Dream Team are all doing well, have new interests, and still perform in shows. :hap10:

Now I have the "new generation" to root for. GO Shoma!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Shobae initiating a hi-five with Yuzuru. Remember that? :) He's come a long way...hehe.

That is to bad that the camerawork and the music at the show was not that good. Maybe a video will surface with just the Shoma parts.

I enjoy the shows, some more than others. Of course my favorite shows of the past were with the Dream Team of Dai, Oda, Mao, Miki, Akiko, Taka etc. Sometimes the backstage antics were better
than the show! I am sentimentalist and I miss those days! The good news is that the Dream Team are all doing well, have new interests, and still perform in shows. :hap10:

Now I have the "new generation" to root for. GO Shoma!

As those times are never coming back it is great to see them all in shows. Akiko in particular made me realize how much I miss the last generation, especially in Ladies skating. The trinity of Mao, Akiko, Kanako...they were so marvelous! I lost almost all excitement for the Ladies with these predetermined results and almost robotic skating nowadays. Even my fave Anna is pretty stiff in comparison.

I think I'm going to really love Winter. Maybe because I'm a newer FS fan, I don't have the baggage of seeing other people having skated to it before so seeing that music interpreted on the ice is something that seems also newer to me and I'm really enjoying Shoma's interpretation of it. The pause and turn right at the beginning of the second half remains one of my favorite moments and his last two spins are looking amazing; I like that they happen in such a frantic moment of the music because the spins are FAST to match it! The step sequence is also coming together amazingly, and as always, that spread-eagle-sandwich 3A is a cracker. So it will definitely become one of my favorites for next season, much like Loco was this past season.

You're coming over way too apologetic for thinking Winter is a great program. :scratch2:

Pika

Final Flight
Thank you everyone for the pics and vids shared. Shoma the kitten just made my day. (And I have the same paws! :laugh:)