Shoma Uno | Page 668 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Shoma is pretty tough on himself. But he drives himself to be the best!
Did you know he is the only team JPN member from 2017 WTT to compete this year? He truly is a solid rock for Japan! :hap10:

Also, I found a new Shoma fan! So heartwarming to see and she had a great seat to watch him. :popcorn:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^Ha! Ha! She is so funny! There are quite a few "closet" Shoma fans. There are probably a lot more members in the DBC than we realize. :dbana:And I just saw elsewhere how Ashley Wagner at WTT 2017 said: "Shoma is so cute I want to put him in my pocket"...Ok, now enough being cute! Go out and kill it in the free!!! :dance2: :party2: :points:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
^^^Ha! Ha! She is so funny! There are quite a few "closet" Shoma fans. There are probably a lot more members in the DBC than we realize. :dbana:And I just saw elsewhere how Ashley Wagner at WTT 2017 said: "Shoma is so cute I want to put him in my pocket"...Ok, now enough being cute! Go out and kill it in the free!!! :dance2: :party2: :points:

I am going to catch my breath now and hold it :) he does it a lot, placing lower in SP than in FS. Or at least he did this season. I don’t know, every time he repeats that he did not work or trained hard enough, my first reaction is from what I see, competition schedule wise, he is doing too much vs pretty much everyone else.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
All right, the first flight is done... time to rock n roll. Can’t believe I am saying it, but thanks goodness for CBC - the isu feed cut off for me after Samarin. That second flight is awesome, though i’d trade one of them for good ol’ Messing.

Actually, I am really digging this team trophy competition format - with all the country booth extras - if only it was not ‘live feed only’.

Go, Uno! Sonat on! :)

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Omg, that was one hell of a Shoma... well fought. That’s his next season goal, I guess, that 3A-4T. Ouchie.

Also, I don’t know zip, but me feels that he’s underscored. :(

c3zara

On the Ice
Country
Romania
Omg I am super PROUD of him!! That layout was insane, we knew that, he knew that but he went for every single jump...two 4Fs, 4F3T, 3A4T even with a fall, second half 4S, a random 3SEu3F that I've never seen him do before and at the end of the season when you're supposed to be tired, that takes a ton of guts. And the best part is that he looked satisfied. Now go and rest well Sho :bed: Thank god this season is over, I feel like I've aged 10 years in 1

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Omg I am super PROUD of him!! That layout was insane, we knew that, he knew that but he went for every single jump...two 4Fs, 4F3T, 3A4T even with a fall, second half 4S, a random 3SEu3F that I've never seen him do before and at the end of the season when you're supposed to be tired, that takes a ton of guts. And the best part is that he looked satisfied. Now go and rest well Sho :bed: Thank god this season is over, I feel like I've aged 10 years in 1

That 3A4T is so stupefyingly gorgeous - I am putting him landing it next season on my bucket list of deepest heart desires.

ye gods, it is just so in tune with Uno’s unbelievable energy-charging-optimism-I-want-to-liveto-the-fullest personality... aww!

rabidline

Final Flight
Congrats Shoma for that skate!!!

Where to even start:
- his first 4F3T called fully rotated and with + GOEs.
- his first time landing two 4Fs in one program.
- his 3A4T CALLED FULLY ROTATED even with a fall, just getting himself in a position to try that, wow!
- becoming the first skater in history who landed a 3SEu3F?? And got it ratified? So random yet so cool.

And most importantly he looked energized and happy after the skate <3 For me this is such a better note to close this season/start the next season rather than Worlds, satisfied but hungry, and in the middle of supportive teammates and Fluffy of course.

PS. Shoma lose the 4S please thank you bye XD

eaglehelang

Final Flight
Very gutsy of Shoma to try 3A+4T in 2nd half. Base value alone is 19.25 if he didnt fall

If no 4S, Shoma would have to bring back 4Loop. Or be left with 3 quads. He can actually, if he does the 3A+4T.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:thank:Thank you Shomita! Talk about going for it! He didn't back down from anything. So proud of him for giving it his all for his team. It's been a long, tough season with his ankle injury, but I am so happy to have had the privilege of cheering :hap10: him on. I look forward to whatever he has in store for us for next season. In the meantime, please get a little rest Sho. :bed: :yawn: Maybe even 2 or 3 whole days! I thought all the skaters looked a little wiped out. One of the best cheering section moments -- when his rabbit ears were flopping around! :laugh2:

Latremu

Final Flight
Just do it and YOLO it, Shoma. This competition is not really important. Have fun and enjoy!
I'm pleasantly surprised that he actually listened! I guess if you wish hard enough, they do come true. Congratulations on all your firsts in this one performance alone, Shoma! His first 4F3T, his first program with 2 4Fs, first ever 3A4T despite the fall, and the accidental first 3S-eu-3F (that made me laugh actually). Such a YOLO skate, and one to be proud of. No one can say that Shoma has no guts. He's a fighter through and through. The audience support for these jumps was amazing too. I saw a little boy in a yellow jacket in the front row of the audience praying after Shoma's first 2 jumps. So cute and heartwarming.

Now get at least a week off skating and enjoy the break! (We fans could also use the rest, honestly.)

moonstruck

On the Ice
I'm so proud of Shoma, and relieved to see him smiling after his skate :) And I was really excited to see him land the 4F3T!! :hap10: This was a competition of several firsts for Sho, and he gave it his all. Hopefully he can feel satisfied with his efforts here.

Thank you Shoma, for your hard work, strength, determination, and for your beautiful and moving skates throughout this season! I'll be looking forwards to next season, but for now please enjoy your rest :bed:

IceCrystalChris

On the Ice
@moonstruck Nicely said! [emoji106]

As my first season as a figure skating fan, its been a real privilege being a fan of Shoma! A very successful year and he's showed great fire and determination throughout. Seeing him finally win his first major championship at 4CC was the biggest highlight for me (among many others). I'm really happy he was able to shrug off the disappointments at WC and deliver two great performances in Japan at the WTT! It's also been great to be a part of his fanfest on GS, thanks everyone and here's to many more years as a fan! Have some well deserved rest Shoma and I look forward to next season! [emoji122]

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, no, now it is propagating... argh, those sensation-mongers. They are making it sound like Uno is spearheading the charge for the quint. :drama:

https://twitter.com/olympicchannel/status/1116754561786630146?s=20

This crazy stuff! If he does a quint, I'll do a 4A, and I don't skate!!!!! Likewise a 4Lz. Not his jump.

In the meantime, thank you rabidline for pointing out this wonderful fan art! Where can I get ears like that for Easter?!
https://twitter.com/_mQuQm__/status/1116757848321486849?s=20