Shoma Uno | Page 671 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

OniBan

Final Flight
Oh dear, I have a lot to catch up on when I get back home. :laugh: Judging from your comments WTT was a positive experience so I'm looking forward to watching it!

I just stumbled upon this video by Keegan Messing which was filmed by Shoma, so I assume the "wooh" in the end is his. https://www.instagram.com/sk8erkeeg/p/BwOAl4dHE0D/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1rg9rk10la7k2 So cute! :biggrin:

yes that was him at the end of the video. It's nice to see him coming out of his shell at WTT and interacting with other skaters more!!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^Thank you for posting that, and thank you to Detective Tanaka for always looking out for our Shoma! He is a great friend to him!

Latremu

Final Flight
Keiji is so sweet. Seems like he's the universal big brother. Look at the way Kaori was hugging him. [emoji4]

Here's a news report with some better views of Shoma. He jumped a 3Lz during the performance. [emoji16] https://twitter.com/junaaia/status/1117536757489131520?s=19

And of course, we see more of that tango/dango [emoji1] performance

Added- Oh, it also shows that he was singing during the Lemon song!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
ISU still did not load the second half of the gala... it feels like someone just looked at the clock and left the office... lol. CBC did not load it either yet, but we just started Monday. So, I am half way through watching the gala for the second day in a row. Talk about cliffhanger (Facepalm)

Keiji Tanaka is saying what i am thinking. It really felt like Uno was in a bit of a fluster after Worlds/WTT, saying what he could try, this and that... but I sure hope there will be no injuries.

I’ve transcribed a breathless commentary after Zhou’s FS from the Russians on that thread, and it was mostly about Uno’s skate before him :) certainly what the commentor is saying is very much about Uno’s end of the season charging at his limits. And that whole ‘no limits to perfection’ is pretty much Uno. :)

jerrymouse333

On the Ice
Country
Japan
I’m late for a party.
I didn’t have a plan to go to WTT, but Shoma looked very sad and disappointed after Worlds, and he performed like competition mode in SOI, I must attend WTT and made arrangement for that.
I missed SP, but I really enjoyed FP, men’s gala practice, gala, and kiss and cry.

I love the atmosphere of WTT so much.
This is the end of the season and all the skaters do the best and audience is great every year.

I was so moved to see Moonlight Sonata.
Two 4Fs were perfect, he tried 3A4T, and he jumped 1EU3F after 3S!.
He was brave like s warrior.
I was very proud of him and everybody enjoyed his performance so much.:clap:
I felt happy because he enjoyed himself.

The group performance was more than I experienced.
My friend told me Shoma was singing and dancing while 1st song and the last song.
I love tango dango 🍡 so much.
He is not a shy boy anymore and he enjoyed dancing with Rika.
They were a cute couple, but I’d like to see a Sho-Kao couple or maybe Sho-Keiji couple.:love:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Hi jerrymouse I am so glad you got to go to WTT to support Shoma and to enjoy and join in the fun!

Thanks for your report!

OniBan

Final Flight
ISU still did not load the second half of the gala... it feels like someone just looked at the clock and left the office... lol. CBC did not load it either yet, but we just started Monday. So, I am half way through watching the gala for the second day in a row. Talk about cliffhanger (Facepalm)

Keiji Tanaka is saying what i am thinking. It really felt like Uno was in a bit of a fluster after Worlds/WTT, saying what he could try, this and that... but I sure hope there will be no injuries.

I’ve transcribed a breathless commentary after Zhou’s FS from the Russians on that thread, and it was mostly about Uno’s skate before him :) certainly what the commentor is saying is very much about Uno’s end of the season charging at his limits. And that whole ‘no limits to perfection’ is pretty much Uno. :)

I think you can find all the WTT gala videos here (cut up into chunks, but you can look up those that you missed): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl7FD-bB2o6nkxlTC8s3dnA

and aaah, you are fluent in Russian? Thanks for transcribing that bit and sharing it with us! Yes there is really no limit to what he aspires to be and what he can achieve through his sheer willpower, I am just praying his body can and will keep up XD

Dreamer57

Record Breaker

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
The long-awaited website update:
https://twitter.com/yawning_shoma/status/1118084537110556672?s=19

Looks like he DID drink a little more than he's used to! That final comment and the flush of his face on that picture speaks volumes. [emoji38]

Yay, this sounds perfect. None of this quint business, thank goodness. I mean, dunno if that regret over alcohol consumption is connected in any way to the crazy quint talk... �� but this is by far a cooler plan that does not induce fear of hearing about terrifying injuries.

As for the bad season, well, it was my first watching FS from Olympics onward, and I loved it, even if the Americain duo pulled ahead on clean execution and careful planning. But Uno was the storm!

Fingers crossed for 3A4T stabilizing in a program... it’s beautiful.

c3zara

On the Ice
Country
Romania
The long-awaited website update:
https://twitter.com/yawning_shoma/status/1118084537110556672?s=19

Looks like he DID drink a little more than he's used to! That final comment and the flush of his face on that picture speaks volumes. [emoji38]

Oh Shoma, so honest...but we could tell by that cute flush on your face and the hands on peoples’ shoulders in all the selfies :laugh::laugh:
Love that pic with him and Keiji, they look like some young CEOs and that huge smile :luv17:
So good to hear directly from him that he had fun at WTT, it’s all that I hoped for
I’m so excited to possibly see 3A4T in his layout next season!! It’s one of the most beautiful combos I’ve ever seen when he nails it, looks like 3AEu3F has competition now

Thank you for cheering for Sho at WTT, jerrymouse and for sharing, it sure was a fun competition

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Loved the PS in his blog entry! Shoma is so humble and tactful it was nice to read
his comment thanking his teammates for their support at WTT and more importantly that he
enjoyed himself.