Shoma Uno | Page 82 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I cant wait his SP until THE ICE. it's impossible! :drama: I would love to see it at PIW.
i guess Tokyo local TV may air his performance on TV.

We HAVE to see the SP. It seems like it is really time for him to skate it in front of an audience. With all his ice shows, coming to the U.S., and all his other commitments (magazine, interviews, going to see Uncle Dai's dance program, etc.), I hope he has enough time to practice!:scratch2:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
We HAVE to see the SP. It seems like it is really time for him to skate it in front of an audience. With all his ice shows, coming to the U.S., and all his other commitments (magazine, interviews, going to see Uncle Dai's dance program, etc.), I hope he has enough time to practice!:scratch2:

I dont think he lacks his practice time for his schedule to the extent that we should worry about him. Still he has enough time to practice! :)Anyway, lets wait and see his performance at PIW! I want to confirm the effect of his training in US!:drama:

Last edited:

mikaboo

Medalist

What a surprise and there's so much more going on with that shirt than I thought!

While I was standing in line waiting to go through security at Worlds, I realized I was standing right next to Dave from The Skating Lesson. Of course he was totally hyper and talking 100 miles per hour. What I really should have done was ask him why they didn't say ONE WORD about Shoma in their Worlds preview! That made me really upset! Usually I only watch them for the guests -- but we get pretty desperate here in the U.S. during off season. :drama:

I'd rather they don't talk about him if they're going to point out his jump problems for the 892347979th time :roll9:

Beautiful cover for Shoma. Wish we had so many wonderful magazines! I subscribe to International Figure Skating. It's good but not great. :sad4:

There are so MANY figure skating magazines here but they are so expensive! :shame: I wish they sold electronic copies because they are all pretty big and take up too much space but I've only been able to find only one that interests me. But even that gets released at a much later date compared to their paper copies so the information becomes too outdated by then.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What a surprise and there's so much more going on with that shirt than I thought!

I'd rather they don't talk about him if they're going to point out his jump problems for the 892347979th time :roll9:

That shirt is really gorgeous when you see it up close! I watched his tango again a few days ago and noticed how it almost looked like the shirt was "twinkling" under the lights. Very beautiful! I hope they keep that for the costume. Like the bling on the pants too!

You are right about the boring jump comments. Maybe it was better they said nothing. It seems they could have at least have said something about him making his Worlds debut. It seemed as if they just completely ignored him as if he had no chance at all. And I never gave up hope that he would get the bronze medal, so I guess in my mind he had a chance!...Oh well, there's always Helsinki!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I dont think he lacks his practice time for his schedule to the extent that we should worry about him. Still he has enough time to practice! :)Anyway, lets wait and see his performance at PIW! I want to confirm the effect of his training in US!:drama:

Of course I'm just getting anxious and rushing things, as always! Patience, patience! :bang::hpull:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Of course I'm just getting anxious and rushing things, as always! Patience, patience! :bang::hpull:

Yes! We need patience.:laugh:

Shoma walks at his OWN pace very much! :laugh:
i admit im not so a patient person, thus i find shoma's tolerance is a kind of talent.
Further, we may enjoy his longer career in the case he needs some time to improve something as long as he stays healthy. :)

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes! We need patience.:laugh:

Shoma walks at his OWN pace very much! :laugh:
i admit im not so a patient person, thus i find shoma's tolerance is a kind of talent.
Further, we may enjoy his longer career in the case he needs some time to improve something as long as he stays healthy. :)

I think I need to have patience like Shoma. I remember that wonderful, lengthy translation you did for us where Shoma said that little by little he keeps doing, doing, doing like a turtle. That was a really mature comment, even though some of us have questioned what his team's plan is, or if they even have a plan. In this age of instant information, I think I expect us to know everything! Obviously we don't! So now we will see what he skates in Tokyo - his EX, his FS with better jumps and overall quality, or (gasp!) the new SP.

hamaguri

Record Breaker
I think I need to have patience like Shoma. I remember that wonderful, lengthy translation you did for us where Shoma said that little by little he keeps doing, doing, doing like a turtle. That was a really mature comment, even though some of us have questioned what his team's plan is, or if they even have a plan. In this age of instant information, I think I expect us to know everything! Obviously we don't! So now we will see what he skates in Tokyo - his EX, his FS with better jumps and overall quality, or (gasp!) the new SP.

Shoma's tolerance and an ability to keep something even if he gets unwished results are a surprice and a mystery to me.:drama: We may have some question about his training environment or so and it isnt bad, but anyway to believe in him and his future may be most important thing.:)

Today and tomorrow shoma's showing at PIW and one of the shows already begins! Cant wait to see the reports!:drama:

mikaboo

Medalist
Shoma skated to his EX at the first show of PIW today. I don't remember if guest skaters tend to change their programs during the shows or not. If not, we won't be hearing about his SP for a while...
Flowers from fans. He's already signed on the card.

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Shoma skated to his EX at the first show of PIW today. I don't remember if guest skaters tend to change their programs during the shows or not. If not, we won't be hearing about his SP for a while...

Ive heard at PIW skaters has only one program and dont change it between day and night shows...
We must wait for his new SP for some time!:hopelessness:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Such gorgeous flowers! What a wonderful custom. So do fans bring these flowers, and are the flowers in the arena? He signs a card?...I remember Johnny posted a photo of all his beautiful flowers when he did one of his Japan shows recently.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Groan! :dumb: At least we know now not to get our hopes up for the July shows. Maybe he still has a lot of work to do on it. Or possibly his deep V isn't ready yet! :luv17: Thank you Shoma for all your hard work!

Or he tries a new choreographer other than mihoko sensei and it needs some time? True he said with this season's programs the choreographer is her, but no wonder it has changed.!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Or he tries a new choreographer other than mihoko sensei and it needs some time? True he said with this season's programs the choreographer is her, but no wonder it has changed.!

Good point. He did say that he was going to be working on some choreography while in the U.S. It will be very interesting to see. Patience, Arriba627 - patience! :dance2::dbana:

mikaboo

Medalist
Such gorgeous flowers! What a wonderful custom. So do fans bring these flowers, and are the flowers in the arena? He signs a card?...I remember Johnny posted a photo of all his beautiful flowers when he did one of his Japan shows recently.

I think they are ordered by fans and brought to the venue by florists in most cases. The fans were obviously expecting him to skate to his SP at PIW by looking at the colors they chose :p
I'm not sure if it happens at other shows, but at PIW, it seems to be the custom for the skaters to sign on the cards attached to the flowers to show acknowledgment and gratitude towards the fans.

ETA: I posted this in the TJ thread as well, but the report from Pigeon Post says that Shoma's cantilever edges look even more deep that his shoulders and head are soon going to touch the ice. He landed the 4T easily and seems to be in good condition.

Last edited: