Shoma Uno | Page 430 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

Insos

Rinkside
Welcome and thank you for your kind thoughts regarding Shoma's incredible journey. Hopefully this is just the beginning of the amazing journey. It is fun guessing what he is doing right now! They always seem to have surprises for us up their sleeves!
yes, indeed. may he have long career and wonderful years. yes, please! suprises us more! even though the agony of waiting can killing me slowly😅 so i can't imagine how it for you guys that had been following him for years!

Welcome.
This is what happened to all of us! :luv17:

to me that's how wonderful shoma is!

in 2015, i just know this sport exists, never watch it! so it kind a little bit sad for me that i just know him now. sad that i can't cheers him over his achievements for the past years. but i'll make sure to cheers him from now on, even i don't know when i can watch him live. 😭 for now that my biggest dream/wishes.

tipptong

Rinkside
Hi all,

I guess it’s time for me to say hello to everyone here after I’ve been lurking around in this FF for 2 months reading through all the pages [emoji23].

I only occasionally watch FS, mostly every Olympics but don’t understand most of the jumps and how different elements work/ not even understand the scoring system. Last time the performance that stuck to me the most was Yulia Lipnitskaya in Sochi but I didn’t follow the sport after the Olympics ended. I only watch that video and that’s about it.

As for Shoma, I just tuned in for a normal watch and the only skaters I know at that time was Yuzuru (from Sochi) and Nathan (from heavy US media). When I watched Shoma’s FS, the second half of the program made me search his name on YouTube. I love that 3A-1Lo-3F that was on the beat and that cantilever!

On YouTube, SkateAmerica 2016 See You Again showed up with his cantilever in the thumbnail as almost a clickbait. Of course, I clicked and here I am.... have to sign up for GS. Go back to use twitter and Instagram after abandon them for many years. Bought his Mook that took a month to deliver from Japan. Learned about all the jumps and how to recognize them and all the scoring system. And now plan to go to 4CC next year (since I’m in the US, it is more affordable than go out of country). If he come to Chicago this summer, I probably consider going to visit Chicago for “traveling destination.”

There’s something about Shoma’s intensity, musicality, and passionate that make me a fan. Oh, don’t forget the cantilever too lol. After read through many interviews and watched pretty much all of his videos dated back to his junior years. It is like watching someone grow up. His off ice persona made me adored him even more.

I think Shoma made me a fan of him and the sport. Without him I probably won’t know much about figure skating and discover other great skaters.

Thank you for all the updates you guys provide in this FF. I really appreciate it. Meanwhile, I will keep lurking on IG and Twitter for more updates as well.
[emoji23]

Off-season waiting is killing me with all the quietness and suspense. [emoji24]

Latremu

Final Flight
Hi all,

I guess it’s time for me to say hello to everyone here after I’ve been lurking around in this FF for 2 months reading through all the pages [emoji23].

I only occasionally watch FS, mostly every Olympics but don’t understand most of the jumps and how different elements work/ not even understand the scoring system. Last time the performance that stuck to me the most was Yulia Lipnitskaya in Sochi but I didn’t follow the sport after the Olympics ended. I only watch that video and that’s about it.

As for Shoma, I just tuned in for a normal watch and the only skaters I know at that time was Yuzuru (from Sochi) and Nathan (from heavy US media). When I watched Shoma’s FS, the second half of the program made me search his name on YouTube. I love that 3A-1Lo-3F that was on the beat and that cantilever!

On YouTube, SkateAmerica 2016 See You Again showed up with his cantilever in the thumbnail as almost a clickbait. Of course, I clicked and here I am.... have to sign up for GS. Go back to use twitter and Instagram after abandon them for many years. Bought his Mook that took a month to deliver from Japan. Learned about all the jumps and how to recognize them and all the scoring system. And now plan to go to 4CC next year (since I’m in the US, it is more affordable than go out of country). If he come to Chicago this summer, I probably consider going to visit Chicago for “traveling destination.”

There’s something about Shoma’s intensity, musicality, and passionate that make me a fan. Oh, don’t forget the cantilever too lol. After read through many interviews and watched pretty much all of his videos dated back to his junior years. It is like watching someone grow up. His off ice persona made me adored him even more.

I think Shoma made me a fan of him and the sport. Without him I probably won’t know much about figure skating and discover other great skaters.

Thank you for all the updates you guys provide in this FF. I really appreciate it. Meanwhile, I will keep lurking on IG and Twitter for more updates as well.
[emoji23]

Welcome, tipptong! So glad you'll have a chance to see him live! I love all these stories, because I can relate. I like watching FS and cheer for a bunch of skaters, but Shoma is the only one I'm invested in (almost to the point of being embarrassing, ha).

thank you all for the warm welcome [emoji4]
anyway it's kind of OOT but i want to share some poem (??) *insert shomita head tilting here* dedicated to shomita. i wrote it last night when out of nowhere a muse strike me. I don't have a social media other than FB + i dont have anyone to share with [emoji24] so i'm braving my self to share it here. it's maybe full of grammatical mistakes so forgive me first, and if not allowed tell me kindly please so i'll take it down.

please read while i'm hiding behind a rock for a while....

Insos, thank you! Your thoughts were nice to read, and seem fitting for Shoma. No need to hide behind a rock. [emoji4]

Arriba, leave some Kitkats for preservation, maybe he can sign them for you. [emoji38] Or you can donate one to the yakiniku restaurant/future Shoma Uno museum, with the kit Kat to be labelled "Uno-senshu's gift to his well-known enthusiastic fan Arriba".

Here's a video of the koi dance practice from SOI last year . Adorbs. https://twitter.com/pinksenshou7/status/986288548188897280?s=19

moonstruck

On the Ice
Welcome to new Shoma fans! Tipptong we are in the exact same boat, there were a few performances I remembered and had really enjoyed from Sochi (including Yulia's skate), but I knew very little about figure skating until the past couple months now. Watching Shoma's powerful skate at the Olys made me fall in love with him, and now I'm a big fan of figure skating, though of course Shoma is still numero Uno in my heart :p The cantilever is indeed amazing, always such a wow moment! :love:

I also am seriously considering buying tickets to 4CC or maybe the GPF? A ticket plus airfare would be a pretty expensive, but like you, I'm in the US so it's quite possibly the most convenient/cheapest opportunity there will be in the next couple seasons.

Grap74

On the Ice
Thanks everyone, now I don't feel like a total weirdo because of this severe case of Shomatitis that I have! At least all of us feel the same even though we're scattered all over the world!

Loved your poem, Insos, you're good!

Welcome Tipptong!

And maybe most of you know this but it was my today discovery: there's a "Shoma Uno Programs" playlist in Spotify. It doesn't have the exact editing/cuts he uses in his programs but you can listen to all the songs he's used. I was so happy today listening to it and remembering his programs! 🎶

I'm also thinking about going to 4CC, it's not that far away from me. Maybe it's not that cheap but definitely not as expensive as Asia or Europe. Lets see...

tipptong

Rinkside
Thank you for such a warm welcome [emoji4].

@Latremu - I’m such a fangirl over Shoma that everyone around me knows and it’s getting embarrassing [emoji15][emoji4]. That’s why I join GS so that I can express and share my excitement with the like-mind hehe.

@moonstruck - yea originally I was thinking of going to Japan for WC2019 but the cost and language barrier will make it more difficult. Plus, since FS is huge in Japan, a lot Japanese fans will go for sure and the ticket will be challenging. So 4CC or GPF might be better for us who are in North America continent.

@Grap74- hahaha ikr! I feel crazy when I was talking about Shoma with my friends and they don’t seem to care so I have to stop or change topic.

I’ll have to check out the Spotify playlist! Thank you! I kept listening to Turandot opera with subtitles and Lady in Lavender soundtrack. And now I can sing This Town + See You Again (minus the rapping part). Lol.

If y’all go to 4CC we could totally cheer for Shoma together [emoji38]

P.S. I’ll still have to learn how to do the quote block/reply with multiple ppl 🤣

Aglae

On the Ice
Hi all,

[emoji23]

Welcome tipptong ! (and Insos too !) It's so nice not to share the Shobsession with other people !! :laugh: Off-season sure is tough, but reading your posts make it easier !

My only hope of seeing him next year is if he does the french GP, which I think is very unlikely since it happens to be the week where Nathan will be on Yale's holidays :sad4: maybe if he does Lombardia or Coupe du Printemps I can consider going there...
I feel stupid that I did not notice him before the Olympics, because he already came to the french GP twice + there was the GPF in France in 2016 (apparently GPF will come back to France for 2019 so there's still that)
I mean I can't believe the only time I managed to see him live was the terribly sad FS in Milano :sad46:

WineHerUp

On the Ice
Yay more Shoma fans:yahoo:. I have yet to see him live, but you've all inspired me to go ahead and book tickets for the GPF.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Welcome to all new Shoma fans!

I wish I could have afforded to go to Milan. I know he wasn't at his best there but his performance was so determined I wish I could have rooted and screamed for him live (and bitten all my nails off through it, too).

I'm sad Spain will probably never host another event so soon, especially now Javi retired, because that means I'm likely not able to see a live competition any time soon.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, same thing happened to me at the GPF 2015, where Shoma won bronze. When I was watching his skate, something was just going on inside me. It touched my heart immediately. But when he did that cantilever at the end of his LP, I was just: 'whaaaaat?'. :) Oh, I watched that Turandot 1.0 hundreds of times since then, and that cantilever still gives me goosebumps. 'All stand please for Shoma Uno'. 'All you can do is just laugh, because it was so joyous'. Joyous it was indeed, and he is always joy to watch.

Probably one of my all-time favorite comments. I remember BESP also talking about how he has "a lovely feel for the music". And then we were treated to one of the best Kiss and Cries ever with Sho and Fluffy. Ah, good memories! :love:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is it just me, or is this the first time we're hearing of the store Chacott? I thought Satomi Ito designed all his costumes? (including the purple Ladies in Lavender; and she did the purplish see-through Winter one).

saphire

On the Ice
I see article of another skater revealing next seasons short program music and I can only think that I wish we knew Shoma's music for next season.

echeveria

3a-1/2lo-3f
On the Ice
Is it just me, or is this the first time we're hearing of the store Chacott? I thought Satomi Ito designed all his costumes?

Chacott designed the first Ladies in Lavender costume, but his second one was designed by Satomi Ito. I kind of forgot he even had two costumes until I heard it mentioned on twitter, which is a shame because now that I think about it he looked really good in those purple velvet plants.

Speaking of Shoma's costumes, I know that his more grey costume was designed by Satomi Ito, but does anyone know who designed his purple-y Winter costume?

Grap74

On the Ice
@tipptong, hope you like the playlist and sing a long happily (without the rap part haha)!

Wouldn't it be great to be able to cheer for him live???

@Arriba, I agree with you, not only his performance was great and the K&C scene so cute but the BESP commentators put into words all our thoughts. I like them, they seem to really like our Winter Prince!

@Hronop, thanks for sharing that beautiful artwork, love it!

And all of us, lets hope we can see him live wherever we can and let him know we love and support him!!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Chacott designed the first Ladies in Lavender costume, but his second one was designed by Satomi Ito. I kind of forgot he even had two costumes until I heard it mentioned on twitter, which is a shame because now that I think about it he looked really good in those purple velvet pants.

Speaking of Shoma's costumes, I know that his more grey costume was designed by Satomi Ito, but does anyone know who designed his purple-y Winter costume?

:dbana: :dbana: :dbana: :dbana: Those were award-winning pants. :dance2: :hpull:

idontknow

On the Ice
i think that someone not post this video than i post it
kanako and machiko talk about shoma

https://twitter.com/gaiastellar/status/987186703092731904?s=19

throwback shoma junior and sota-shoma friendship :sad4:

https://twitter.com/hitsuji_one/status/987256244967583744?s=19

colanttote :shocked: look at this we can see shoma

https://twitter.com/Colan_Totte/status/987235834364551168?s=19

wow shoma costume EX look at this not from diesel
https://twitter.com/baby_tiger5010/status/986977884806889473?s=19

err i spamming weird again lmao :laugh: :palmf:

Grap74

On the Ice
:dbana: :dbana: :dbana: :dbana: Those were award-winning pants. :dance2: :hpull:

OMG it's too early here to be thinking about those purple pants!! 🙈

Can't find who designed the purply winter costume. Ended up looking at Satomi Ito's instagram and she's a marvelous artist! She did the gray Winter costume and the black with a red detail (also for Winter but only for ice shows).