Skaters programs next season (your opinion) | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Skaters programs next season (your opinion)

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
Javier Fernández —any program. I just want him to not retire; he could skate to 4,33 of John Cage for all I care.

Your comment about 4'33" made me LOL! :clap: :rofl:

Like you, I'll watch Javi skate to anything, anywhere, anytime. That said, I'd love to see him use some flamenco music, especially something from Paco de Lucia.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
I want someone to skate to this beauty:

https://youtu.be/C2U-lL_qdTI

I think Medvedeva would be a good idea. Or a pair.
Of course it would be a dream come true if Evgenia got herself a new choreographer. Not hating on Averbukh I just don't think he's some of the best choreographers out there, it would be interesting if she worked with someone else, someone she's never worked with before.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
I want to see Medvedeva tackle something more gritty, like a tango

I want Zagitova to try something different from ballerina, something more contemporary

I want Tarasova/Morozov to get the good program they deserve

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
There isn't enough video game music appreciation in the figure skating world. And with VGM I mean modern VGM, not thirty-year-old Mario or PacMan bleeps (although those are rather fun, too). There are *so* many kinds of VGM to choose from, covering just about every musical genre in existence.
Heck, betcha didn't know that Yuzuru Hanyu's "The Final Time Traveler" exhibition program is also VGM.

Barring that, some anime music by, for instance, Yuki Kajiura would also be amazing.

There isn't enough video game music appreciation in the figure skating world. And with VGM I mean modern VGM, not thirty-year-old Mario or PacMan bleeps (although those are rather fun, too). There are *so* many kinds of VGM to choose from, covering just about every musical genre in existence.
Heck, betcha didn't know that Yuzuru Hanyu's "The Final Time Traveler" exhibition program is also VGM.

Barring that, some anime music by, for instance, Yuki Kajiura would also be amazing.

These are perfect!

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker

Man, if someone did a good program to the music from Transistor, I would love them forever.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Turandot
Swan Lake
Carmen
Phantom Of The Opera

Please, I crave for everything innovative :biggrin:

... :slink:

BlackAxel

Final Flight
P/C, Shoma Uno, Jason Brown, Satoko Miyahara, Yuzu, and Sui/Han take your pick!

Menu:
Phantom Thread soundtrack
Last of the Mohicans soundtrack (Promentory)
Reverie (by Debussy)
Symphony No 9 (Beethoven -- same arrangement in Machida's FS)
Game of Thrones soundtrack
Pan's Labyrinth soundtrack

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Jazzercize! I'm old enough to remember jazzercize! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIfAkOBMf5A Best video ever!!

I want someone to skate to the Outlander OST. I'd like to see T/M give it a shot actually.

I also want more GoT! Especially light of the seven.

I think Evgenia should skate to something fun like the Wonder Women OST.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Putting the suggestion from the FD thread that Muse should be replaced by Sufjan Stevens....any of his songs would do.

anyanka

Record Breaker
I need someone to skate to Life on Mars!!
Aurora has done a nice cover, if there was a version with a more grand atmosphere, it would be perfect! :love:

He's likely going to retire, but it'd be perfect for Adam, and he could use it as a gala number dressed as David Bowie.

- - - Updated - - -

Putting the suggestion from the FD thread that Muse should be replaced by Sufjan Stevens....any of his songs would do.

"The Mystery of Love" from the Call Me By Your Name OST is perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of Sufjan Stevens, how about his single dedicated to Tonya Harding? That would be totally meta.

noskates

Record Breaker
I would like to see Shoma skate to something not so heavy. I would like to see Nathan stay in his wheelhouse and have another program similar to the ones he had this year. I think the music and the tempo fits him. I would like to see Javy skate to Aranguez. I realize it's fast becoming a war horse but I love the music and think his interpretation would be wonderful. I agree that Mirai skating to something from Chicago would be good. I would like to see Hanyu retire. (sorry) Bradie skate to Beauty and the Beast. Mariah skate to whatever Rohene picks out for her - he's done a great job so far. Jason not skate to anything from Hamilton OR piano music...maybe something more contemporary. I think he's best when the music is lively and he can dance. I'm sure there are more but I need to think about it. What I do not want to see/hear is a tango. Really being overdone in all disciplines.