skating regrets | Golden Skate

skating regrets

macy

Record Breaker
this thread is for all the past and current skaters. looking back at your career or how far you have come, do you have any regrets? anything you wish you would have done, or wouldn't have done, something you wish you would have done more of, or just something you would have done differently.

I'll start off by saying I wish I would have worked harder, especially on the consistently of my doubles and combinations, and worked on my double axel and triple sal more so I could have gotten them consistent too and eventually put them in my programs. I wish I would have gotten a lot of help from a sports psychologist to help with my anxiety and nerves because as I got older I started bombing at competitions because I couldn't control them.. a few people told me I had potential and I wish I would have taken it seriously and take advantage of it.

thoughts?

treesprite

Final Flight
Wow, what a thought-provoking topic.

The stuff I have to regret is all stuff that was out of my control.

brightphoton

Medalist
Uhhh macy, unless you're disabled now, I think you can still go out and do doubles and triple salchows if you wanted. Even Midori Iti does adult competitions.

macy

Record Breaker
Uhhh macy, unless you're disabled now, I think you can still go out and do doubles and triple salchows if you wanted. Even Midori Iti does adult competitions.

i know i could lol! doubles for sure. but i wish i would have worked on them more to be more confident with them and consistent. because i only landed a few 2A's and 3S's because i was afraid to work on them :(

lilicedreamer

Rinkside
I'm an adult skater who came back to the sport at age 50. I'd skated as a child for fun and never competed. I didn't skate past age 17 as the local rink closed down, but I had a chance to go back to the sport at age 22 and I went one time and decided to go for another sport instead. I regret that. Even if you don't compete, it's more enjoyable to be competent at skating, and an older person has it harder to learn.