Skating With Celebrities! | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Skating With Celebrities!

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Ravyn Rant said:
That certainly wasn't pretty, but that Lloyd can lift her at all is impressive. He must be the strongest man on ice. :biggrin:

Kristi looks bigger than Lloyd and I had always assumed that Lloyd was a pretty big guy. Even with the mistakes I liked Lloyd & Kristi, and Johnny Z & Blondie best. I think the judges are setting up Tai and Bruce to win. John Nix is a p****.

Lanie

On the Ice
Dee4707 said:
Why is that ironic? I am not following what you mean??

Dee

Presumably because he coaches Sasha and you know, she spends 75% of her program on her butt. :disapp:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I still cannot believe Kurt won't be on next week...

and Nicks was way off with his whole "Kurt can't skate pairs" crap... yeah maybe not John Z or Eisler style but with the right sized partner he's hot! He did well with Tara, Kristi, Josee, Katya... where has Nicks been? GRRR lol

I'm not sure if I'm interested enough in this show to continue... I mean John Zimmerman's nice, but honest none of the pairs were all that exciting, and I will be honest I was watching to see Kurt skate (they were right though he was skating and she was just BLAH, can't blame the guy for having fun with the program though lol)

and Scott's hosting abilities are even starting to annoy me :laugh:

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
#1Kerryfan said:
Hey! She doesn't! She's great!

The point is that Sasha not only is known to be inconsistant, she has fallen on such a wide range of things. Dreadful looking falls on jumps, she's fallen out of spins twice that I can recall, she's fallen during her footwork. Coming from John Nicks, it WAS definitely ironic.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lanie said:
Presumably because he coaches Sasha and you know, she spends 75% of her program on her butt. :disapp:
The reason I guess that I don't see the irony is this thread is about Skating with the Celebrities, not Sasha. I don't see how she was worked in this thread. John Nicks is a judge there for them, what does it have to do with Sasha???

Dee

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
Dee4707 said:
The reason I guess that I don't see the irony is this thread is about Skating with the Celebrities, not Sasha. I don't see how she was worked in this thread. John Nicks is a judge there for them, what does it have to do with Sasha???

Dee

What it has to do with Sasha is that Nicks is her coach! ANYONE who has had the misfortune of coaching Cohen should be prohibited from commenting on anyone else falling. Its just hypocritical for the coach of a notorious stumbler to rag on anyone else for that same mistake. Besides, Todd only fell ONCE in his program.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
you don't think Nicks hasn't harped on her?

again I agree this isnot about Sasha yet some people tend to think that any thread that has the remote possibilty to become one will bring her into it. It's NOT irony or hypocritical. He's calling it like it is... just because his pupil is known for it (which she has gotten better) it doesn't mean he can't say "hey you fell, that's a no no"

R.D.

Record Breaker
dancindiva03 said:
The point is that Sasha not only is known to be inconsistant, she has fallen on such a wide range of things. Dreadful looking falls on jumps, she's fallen out of spins twice that I can recall, she's fallen during her footwork. Coming from John Nicks, it WAS definitely ironic.

Well, considering that other skaters "splat" much more frequently,. and she's able to maintain the Number Two spot being "inconsistent", it's not so bad after all, is it?

R.D.

Record Breaker
Dee4707 said:

Exactly. I don't get it. He's playing the position of a JUDGE in this series, not a COACH. I bet if he were COACHING one of these teams, he'd probably act somewhat differently.

cutiepatutie

Rinkside
dancindiva03 said:
What it has to do with Sasha is that Nicks is her coach! ANYONE who has had the misfortune of coaching Cohen should be prohibited from commenting on anyone else falling. Its just hypocritical for the coach of a notorious stumbler to rag on anyone else for that same mistake. Besides, Todd only fell ONCE in his program.
So say if my cousin lives next door to Sasha then I shouldn't talk to her anymore because Sasha falls and the skaters on this show falls and Mr Nicks calls them on it, it is Sasha's fault? now my cousin might fall and it is all Nr. Nicks fault right or is it Sasha's fault too? I don't get it.:scratch:

S

SkateFan4Life

I could not believe that that awful (IMHO) "program" by Eisler and his partner outscored Browning and his partner. Eisler's partner fell, for Pete's sakes, and Browning and his partner did a good job of staying on their feet.

And you call this a competition? :rofl:

millie

Medalist
Mathman said:
Dancing Diva, Sasha says she's sorry for poisoning your dog.

Give it a rest, OK?

I also heard that Sasha's sorry for poisioning Dancing Diva's cat.:rofl: :rofl:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
SkateFan4Life said:
I could not believe that that awful (IMHO) "program" by Eisler and his partner outscored Browning and his partner. Eisler's partner fell, for Pete's sakes, and Browning and his partner did a good job of staying on their feet.

And you call this a competition? :rofl:

I think it was because Debbie Gibson didn't do the lunge which was the required element of the evening... that's why the stupid tech scores were so stupidly low...

I still think that Kurt's over the head lift should have negated the stupid lunge... it's not his fault she can't do a simple trick lol

S

SkateFan4Life

Give me a break. How in the world could Eisler and his klutzy partner outskate (or shall I say, receive higher marks than) Browning and his capable partner?

They 'wuz robbed!!

What a joke this competition is! :rofl:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
SkateFan4Life said:
Give me a break. How in the world could Eisler and his klutzy partner outskate (or shall I say, receive higher marks than) Browning and his capable partner?

They 'wuz robbed!!

What a joke this competition is! :rofl:

well I guess it's like the SP was in the old system... you flub on an element it's omitted and you might as well have not even come to the competition :rofl: (and yes this "competition" is a joke... but if it helps pro skating, more power to it)

I doubt I'll continue to watch lol Kurt was the only reason I was watching

It seemed to me like Kurt was ready to go. He didn't really have the time to train with his partner. He did a good job of shepherding her around the ice, though.

I think Nancy has had enough, too, LOL.

But Lloyd seems like he really wants to stick around and beat Zimmerman, LOL.

I'm rooting for Tai. :love:

S

SkateFan4Life

Mathman said:
It seemed to me like Kurt was ready to go. He didn't really have the time to train with his partner. He did a good job of shepherding her around the ice, though.

I think Nancy has had enough, too, LOL.

But Lloyd seems like he really wants to stick around and beat Zimmerman, LOL.

I'm rooting for Tai. :love:
\

Go Tai and Bruce! An unlikely couple, to be sure! :clap: