Stanislava Konstantinova

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
thx for posting
I always miss presscon vids
also she has such beautiful voice!:luv17:

its great to see her on the team!:yahoo:

whats your guys' predictions for Worlds???

Last edited:

RadioFan

Match Penalty
thx for posting
I always miss presscon vids
also she has such beautiful voice!:luv17:

its great to see her on the team!:yahoo:

whats your guys' predictions for Worlds???

She becomes Juniorworldchampion and covergirl for seventeen.

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
She becomes Juniorworldchampion and covergirl for seventeen.
I only meant prediction for worlds :biggrin:
I dont think she cares for this magazine:biggrin:
Some FS magazine I can imagine her on!

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Alina is still such a child! She look even younger than 14. And Stasya is a obviously a young woman next to her. I don't want to bash Alina, and she deservedly won this competition, but I don't feel like she belongs in seniors yet. Stasya and Polina are a different matter, they were not only older than all the other skaters at the competition but most mature in their skating.

RadioFan

Match Penalty
Alina is still such a child! She look even younger than 14. And Stasya is a obviously a young woman next to her. I don't want to bash Alina, and she deservedly won this competition, but I don't feel like she belongs in seniors yet. Stasya and Polina are a different matter, they were not only older than all the other skaters at the competition but most mature in their skating.

Yeah, but dont know what does it matter if she looks that young. Radya was still looking like a 9-10 year old girl when she was competing in seniors and made Ashley look like her mother at the pressconference.

also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcG71T5Fs6M

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Yeah, but dont know what does it matter if she looks that young. Radya was still looking like a 9-10 year old girl when she was competing in seniors and made Ashley look like her mother at the pressconference.

also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcG71T5Fs6M
Yes, and look how Lena is struggling now that she does not look 10 any more. Of course if Alina fits the age criteria she can can move to seniors, but that doesn't make it a good thing. If winning everything in seniors due to an obviously childlike body becomes a trend they may raise the age again, but we will have to see what happens.

RadioFan

Match Penalty
Yes, and look how Lena is struggling now that she does not look 10 any more. Of course if Alina fits the age criteria she can can move to seniors, but that doesn't make it a good thing. If winning everything in seniors due to an obviously childlike body becomes a trend they may raise the age again, but we will have to see what happens.

I still dont get the point of your "problem".

venx

Match Penalty
At 5:02 spooked Alina asks Stasya how to answer to the question about lesson learned in the championships: "what to say?!" :eek:
S: "That you've learned, how to keep focus" :cool:
A: "My lesson is, that I learned how to keep focus." :laugh:

Not only is Stasya intelligent and talkative, but also very kind towards journalists and colleagues. Plus her interviews are never boring, because she's very honest. This girl is a class act. :love:

Last edited:

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
I like Stanislava quite a lot! She has a pretty big aura/personality on the ice and is a powerful skater, quite fast with big jumps and with nice flow. She reminds me of Sotnikova quite a bit. And honestly she is a nice change from all those Russian juniors who do all their incredible jumps and steps on stand still.

Last edited:

vorravorra

Record Breaker
At 5:02 spooked Alina asks Stasya how to answer to the question about lesson learned in the championships: "what to say?!" :eek:
S: "That you've learned, how to keep focus" :cool:
A: "My lesson is, that I learned how to keep focus." :laugh:

Not only is Stasya intelligent and talkative, but also very kind towards journalists and colleagues. Plus her interviews are never boring, because she's very honest. This girl is a class act. :love:
Yes, that was hilarious. It made it so obvious just how young Alina still was.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
I like Stanislava quite a lot! She has a pretty big aura/personality on the ice and is a powerful skater, quite fast with big jumps and with nice flow. She reminds me of Sotnikova quite a bit. And honestly she is a nice change from all those Russian juniors who do all their incredible jumps and steps on stand still.
A number people have made that comparison and I am not sure how to feel about it - on the one hand, I want her to win the Olympics, on the other, I don't want her to ditch her competitive career right afterwards :biggrin:
Another skater she can be compared to is Pogorilaya, particularly in her gradual development and that she got more powerful with age/body growth, while the opposite is very common.

venx

Match Penalty
Adelina started skating at 4, since 7yo in CSKA training in arguably the best conditions in the world, bred to success with all the hype as potential future domestic Olympic champion.
Stasya started very very late at 8 years of age plus her training conditions in St. Petersburg and attention given have been nowhere near Adelina's. She is not as polished and "natural" on ice as Adelina, simply because all of above: less time, attention, worse conditions.
It's hard to assess their innate talents in such circumstances, all I can say in this uber-competitive field Stanislava is doing just fine. :yes:

I find it interesting that she's portraying some vivid, energetic characters in her progs, she's animated, sharp and "unprincessy", you know - tough Russian skating amazon girl and then you listen to her interview and she's saying in sweetest voice how she loves her parents attending her all domestic tourneys and mom travels with her abroad and how happy she is to make them proud watching her in the arena. She approaches every journalist and every question with much kindness and attention, answers precisely not repeating herself or rolling eyes at recurring questions.
The nicest kid ever, just chose a performing niche to distinguish herself from the huge crowd of upcoming Russian junior ladies. I loved her different skating style straight away, now as I've listened to her speaking, I like the person just as much. Go Stasya! :)

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
I already want to see her again
Will she be doing Spb events????

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Adelina started skating at 4, since 7yo in CSKA training in arguably the best conditions in the world, bred to success with all the hype as potential future domestic Olympic champion.
Stasya started very very late at 8 years of age plus her training conditions in St. Petersburg and attention given have been nowhere near Adelina's. She is not as polished and "natural" on ice as Adelina, simply because all of above: less time, attention, worse conditions.
It's hard to assess their innate talents in such circumstances, all I can say in this uber-competitive field Stanislava is doing just fine. :yes:
The way you describe Stasya's training conditions makes one wonder how anyone training in St. Petersburg ever achieves anything, let alone those who come from smaller cities. Chebotareva's group is known for strong choreo training, more thorough than at many better-know groups (and it isn't like CSKA skaters are renowned for their grace on the ice). The same training conditions did not stop Kolyada from becoming the national champion (the only difference is that he started earlier). He may not be polished enough in the sense of needing better programs and costumes, but assessing his innate talents is not hard at all and neither is he deficient in training. He was a late bloomer, and so is Stasya and Chebotareva's students in general. They just need more time, money and experience of major competitions.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
What Stasya needs to work on is steps. The SP wasn't the first time she lost balance, and she often looks like she is about to. Misha went from having some trouble with Level 3 step sequences early last season to getting high GOE for level 4s, so the new coach from ice dance that they got last season knows how to teach footwork. I hope she improves too, even if it is not as much as Misha (then again, Misha got a head start by not growing 6 cm over last season and summer).

Last edited: