Stanislava Konstantinova | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Stanislava Konstantinova

venx

Match Penalty
I just related to one aspect of Stasya vs Adelna comparison.
I'm pretty sure she didn't have to train in open-air rinks :laugh:, still I recall numerous coaches, fs people from St Petersburg complaing about lack of funding and ice time in the city. On ther other hand, CSKA is widely recognized as number one Russian facility, when it comes to working conditions - that's why Sotskova moved there.

Regarding Stasya steps - I'm always horrified during those twizzles in opposite directions! :laugh:
It's very pleasing to watch, very ambitious, Satoko-like move as well, but she stumbled doing them once or twice already...
One thing to improve is also very deep lean forward after some jumps and the other that probably can not be improved is her a bit stiffy back causing her problems with attaing some spinning and choreo positions. I think it's a result of starting skating at 8 and lack of stretching her spine in the youngest age, I guess we'll have to accept that and admire plenty of her amazing assets. :)

RadioFan

Match Penalty
What Stasya needs to work on is steps.
This is probably her big handycap. She has huge problems with them and often they look like some slapstik-elements from an ancient Chaplin movie.

Also some lack of concentration. She falls several times, without any previous signs, out of nowhere. See Saransk. But I am pretty sure the trainers
know what to do, so I am pretty sure next season we will have a huge surprice in skating-circus.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
I just related to one aspect of Stasya vs Adelna comparison.
I'm pretty sure she didn't have to train in open-air rinks :laugh:, still I recall numerous coaches, fs people from St Petersburg complaing about lack of funding and ice time in the city. On ther other hand, CSKA is widely recognized as number one Russian facility, when it comes to working conditions - that's why Sotskova moved there.
Yes, CSKA has great working conditions, but it doesn't seem to always translate into great results. And in St. Petersburg Rukavicin's group has the best conditions which also doesn't always translate to success. Of course ideally everyone should have the best working condition but I got the impression Valentina's group is not being held back at the moment in that department, comparatively speaking, and the situation should be even better now with more successes (and semi-successes like Pavel Vyugov, but compared to his pre-Valentina results 11th place at the Nationals is a huge achievement for him).

Regarding Stasya steps - I'm always horrified during those twizzles in opposite directions! :laugh:
It's very pleasing to watch, very ambitious, Satoko-like move as well, but she stumbled doing them once or twice already...
One thing to improve is also very deep lean forward after some jumps and the other that probably can not be improved is her a bit stiffy back causing her problems with attaing some spinning and choreo positions. I think it's a result of starting skating at 8 and lack of stretching her spine in the youngest age, I guess we'll have to accept that and admire plenty of her amazing assets. :)
At least she doesn't hunch her shoulders but yes, she is prone to leaning forward. And her twizzles always make me hold my breath until she's done with them. Makes me wonder a bit if she might have been a clockwise spinner if such a thing was possible in high-level Russian skating (same situation as with Satoko in Japan). There is a lot more work to be done but according to both her and Valentina her recent successes have given her extra motivation and drive to continue showing good results. In a post-Senior Nationals interview she talked about how difficult the period of "total body growth" had been for her physically and psychologically and how important it was to prove to herself that she had overcome it. And after Junior Nationals she added that now she understands how to compete. I think she went from dreading competitions to basking in the glow of success (although she still gets nervous). Positive feedback from the audience and judges obviously makes a big difference for her. Let's hope this trend continues.

Also, is there any particular reason she started late? Her parents didn't think of bringing her to the rink earlier?

vorravorra

Record Breaker
This is probably her big handycap. She has huge problems with them and often they look like some slapstik-elements from an ancient Chaplin movie.

Also some lack of concentration. She falls several times, without any previous signs, out of nowhere. See Saransk. But I am pretty sure the trainers
know what to do, so I am pretty sure next season we will have a huge surprice in skating-circus.
Stasya appears to have improved in the latter department, although she says that her ability to maintain her concentration is still far from perfect and requires more work.

Last edited:

vorravorra

Record Breaker
I already want to see her again
Will she be doing Spb events????
There haven't been any info. Of course one issue is that if she does she'll have to skate her senior program (she is a MS) and she would probably want to concentrate on her junior program right now.

Tutto

Record Breaker
Adelina started skating at 4, since 7yo in CSKA training in arguably the best conditions in the world, bred to success with all the hype as potential future domestic Olympic champion.
Stasya started very very late at 8 years of age plus her training conditions in St. Petersburg and attention given have been nowhere near Adelina's. She is not as polished and "natural" on ice as Adelina, simply because all of above: less time, attention, worse conditions.
It's hard to assess their innate talents in such circumstances, all I can say in this uber-competitive field Stanislava is doing just fine. :yes:

Its a late start but not so unusual - e.g Sasha Cohen started at 7 switching from gymnastics but she too had not great basics so maybe an early start matters though I personally think 4 year olds are really too young - 5 or 5,5 is probably the best.
I kinda disagree, I think if compare Stanislava and 16 year old Adelina, then Stanislava has more polish. Adelina really only blossomed in the post Olympic season (not technically unfortunately) up to then her costumes, make-up were horrible. She had an abundant energy on the ice but could not channel it, of course it is only my humble opinion but there was no refinement whatsoever despite all the TSKA resources.
I do agree that Stanislava's speed, ice coverage and presence on ice are similar and in that respect she does remind me of Adelina.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Its a late start but not so unusual - e.g Sasha Cohen started at 7 switching from gymnastics but she too had not great basics so maybe an early start matters though I personally think 4 year olds are really too young - 5 or 5,5 is probably the best.
I kinda disagree, I think if compare Stanislava and 16 year old Adelina, then Stanislava has more polish. Adelina really only blossomed in the post Olympic season (not technically unfortunately) up to then her costumes, make-up were horrible. She had an abundant energy on the ice but could not channel it, of course it is only my humble opinion but there was no refinement whatsoever despite all the TSKA resources.
I do agree that Stanislava's speed, ice coverage and presence on ice are similar and in that respect she does remind me of Adelina.
Yes, it's odd that with all those resources refinement is not something they do particularly well (priorities?). The strongest skaters in that department all seem to come from other places.

venx

Match Penalty
Stasya will be in the Russian Cup Final with Pavel Vyugov.

http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20170210/1116138174.html
I wonder what does she need it for. :think:
She's been seriously sick recently, we've all seen her coughing her lungs out in the interviews after LP in Junior Nats, poor girl barely smiled during medal ceremony. Now, in three days travelling to Saransk, having great success and national silver medal, a ticket to Worlds - does she really wants this competition or feds insisted?

1 2 3 4 5 :dbana:

vorravorra

Record Breaker
I wonder what does she need it for. :think:
She's been seriously sick recently, we've all seen her coughing her lungs out in the interviews after LP in Junior Nats, poor girl barely smiled during medal ceremony. Now, in three days travelling to Saransk, having great success and national silver medal, a ticket to Worlds - does she really wants this competition or feds insisted?

1 2 3 4 5 :dbana:
No idea. But it seems like virtually everyone from Junior Nationals is going: Eteri's whole group except Alina who is going to that European Festival. Mishin's group. Plus Alisa Lozko who was not at the Junior Nationals. But it sounds like Polina and Stasya will be the only ones from JNats to compete in MS. There was a somewhat cryptic remark from an insider on FSO that Polina is not going there to get another chance to skate her programs in a competition before Junior Worlds (since they are senior programs anyway) but for some other reason.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
This is Stasya at the Junior Nationals two years ago. She looks about three quarters the current size.

https://pp.vk.me/c626422/v626422980/5563b/hEowGLqGLMY.jpg

And this is Stasya as late as October 2015. Even the same LP as this season and identical costume:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSLFMwj1sZI

vs now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhBKzkn8Zxw

She should be commended for keeping anything together during this period.

For that matter, just one year ago. The difference is still striking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XY6G2KAJ3A