Stars on Ice Dates 2005-06 (and random SOI news) | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Stars on Ice Dates 2005-06 (and random SOI news)

Chele615

Rinkside
The main Boston area show has always been Worcester. Ever since I have gone to SOI, it has always been in Worcester (and thats going back to 1997). Last year was actually the first year that they had the show in Boston I believe. Well, they probably played at the Garden way back when...but in the more recent years at least.

Ptichka said:
Joe, as to the crazy schedule - what about the schedule of the Russian skating tour! Talk about crazy!!! Mostly riding through the night, a couple of hours of sleep at the hotel in the morning, and then straight to rehearsals/ performances (a pretty vivid description on Alexander Abt's website -> interviews ).
Ugh. How awful for the skaters. How far do they go into Siberia? I hope they are well compensated.

Joe

soogar

Record Breaker
I wish Abt could get work in the US. He was born to perform in shows and he would be fantastic in SOI.

I too am curious how much the skaters make on the Russian tour. From the reports, it looks like the tour does what it can to cut costs. I imagine that Sasha might make decent money off of that tour (as well as Irina and Plush). I wonder how much the other skaters make...

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
Ugh. How awful for the skaters. How far do they go into Siberia? I hope they are well compensated.
Here is their schedule for October 2005. The number in parenthesis is the distance (in miles) from previous city. Distance to Murmansk is from Moscow (I suppose they fly out to it), just to give you some idea. Keep in mind that Russian roads out there are not exactly high speed highways.

4 - Murmansk (922)
6 - Krasnoyarsk (1745)
8, 9 - Yekaterinburg (1246)
11 - Ufa (196)
12 - Chelyabinsk (220)
14 - Omsk (479)
16 - Novosibirsk (371)
18 - Volgograd (1583)
19 - Saratov (213)
20 - Samara (216)
21 - Orenburg (242)
22 - Orsk (145)
24 - Krasnodar (1051)

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Chele615 said:
The main Boston area show has always been Worcester. Ever since I have gone to SOI, it has always been in Worcester (and thats going back to 1997). Last year was actually the first year that they had the show in Boston I believe. Well, they probably played at the Garden way back when...but in the more recent years at least.
Ah, OK. I don't usually go, but this year I saw them at the BU arena, which was nice. I know COI usually do their show in Worcester.

Chele615

Rinkside
COI usually does their show at the Fleetcenter (or the BankNorth Garden I think it is now. It took me forever to switch from calling it the Garden to the Fleetcenter and now they changed it back ;) ) COI is usually filled very nicely too since the Fleet is such a bigger venue than Worcester.

I also saw the show at the BU arena last year and I really enjoyed that arena. Brand new and small but it didn't feel small if you know what I mean. Nice place :)

Zanzibar

Final Flight
soogar said:
I wish Abt could get work in the US. He was born to perform in shows and he would be fantastic in SOI.

I too am curious how much the skaters make on the Russian tour. From the reports, it looks like the tour does what it can to cut costs. I imagine that Sasha might make decent money off of that tour (as well as Irina and Plush). I wonder how much the other skaters make...

I'm happy to announce that Sasha Abt is now working with a new agent - none other than David Baden out of IMG New York! This is great news for Sasha, as David represents a number of top skaters and he recognizes the phenomenal show talent that Sasha displays.

bloozywoozy

Rinkside
Zanzibar said:
I'm happy to announce that Sasha Abt is now working with a new agent - none other than David Baden out of IMG New York! This is great news for Sasha, as David represents a number of top skaters and he recognizes the phenomenal show talent that Sasha displays.

I'd love to see Sasha in Stars on Ice! But he's a family man now, like many others, so I guess he would just perform for shorter durations as a "guest" ? With MY luck, he'd never make it to my end of town :no:

Oh, speaking of David Baden, I'm curious now...WHO is Alexei's agent? It was Dmirtri, then over at AYMB it listed David, then a reliable source there said it might still be Dmitri. Just curious :scratch:

heyang

Record Breaker
childfreegirl said:
NJ, 3/10 is on a Friday. :agree:

Trenton is on 3/9/2006, which is a Thursday.

I'm gonna guess that Kulik, Gordeeva, etc will be guests. This is the 20th Anniversary tour if I recall correctly...