Stars On Ice - Lake Placid - Review | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Stars On Ice - Lake Placid - Review

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You're welcome, skamper! :biggrin:

I just checked out http://www.toddeldredge.net , and it says that Todd, Jeff, & Jen will be on Good Morning America (ABC) on Tuesday, December 9 to talk about the upcoming SOI tour and show some of their skating skills alongside co anchors Diane Sawyer, Robin Roberts, Chris Cuomo, and Sam Champion. :clap: ;)

Last edited:

skamper23

Medalist
This is great news! Thank goodness they are finally promoting the show on a grander scale!!! I'd love to see any of the skaters on all the national talk shows!!:yes:

champs

Final Flight
Watched short excerpts from the show and the backstage on TV yesterday that was advertizing tix for SOI in Tokyo next month. Zimmermann spinning with Weiss on top of his head spreading his body out, that just looked insane :laugh:
I made some screencaps of it but I guess I am not allowed to share them here.

skamper23

Medalist
Watched short excerpts from the show and the backstage on TV yesterday that was advertizing tix for SOI in Tokyo next month. Zimmermann spinning with Weiss on top of his head spreading his body out, that just looked insane :laugh:
I made some screencaps of it but I guess I am not allowed to share them here.

This is certainly one of the most entertaining programs of the evening, and the guys are having so much fun with it!!!

As we were leaving the show my husband said to me " seems like they've toned things down this year. There's no big rock band number, no hippies, no clowns, but there sure is a great quality to their skating." They aren't using any props at all this year! (Just each other :laugh:)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I like to hear that they're not obsessed with using props this year... Chris Dean went overboard with that IMHO.

Brandenburg

Rinkside
I must stick up a little for Chris Dean here even though Chris is very old news when it comes to Stars On Ice where he hasn't been involved for quite a few years (at least five and I think even more). When he used props (for instance the chairs in "Chairmen" the result was sometimes, as in that case, brilliant) - btw I think that was one of the last years he was very actively involved (2000-2001 season). After that he fell out with Scott and eventually moved on.

The most egregious year in terms of props was the year I affectionately refer to as "Furniture on Ice" (I think the actual theme was something about Gold and it was 2002-2003) when they had those vanity tables and everything else they could gin up. Chris had nothing to do with those numbers - you can thank Sandra Bezic for all that. I believe it was her last year (or second to last) - it was certainly her worst year (and she did have some good ones).

Brandenburg

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Chris took over after that and there were a lot of prop routines

I know the chairmen was great as was the red hat number... but some of the other stuff was not the best...

LP skater

Spectator
Cool! I am glad that someone posted the link to my blog and the SOI photos:clap: I'm happy to hear that everyone enjoyed the photos!

The show was quite good, I am sure that everyone will enjoy it!

LP SKATER :)

tarotx

On the Ice
I don't know why but seeing the pictures and reading the reviews almost gives me the feeling I got seeing the Kristi, Kurt and Scott years! I can't wait for the Ohio dates!

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
The most egregious year in terms of props was the year I affectionately refer to as "Furniture on Ice" (I think the actual theme was something about Gold and it was 2002-2003) when they had those vanity tables and everything else they could gin up.

Actually that was the 2001-2002 tour.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just a reminder for US viewers and Canadian SOI fans who live close enough to the US border to get US channels. Todd, Jeff, and Jen will appear on Good Morning America (ABC) this morning. :agree: ;) :) :yes:

Marine63

Rinkside
Soi

Just got finished watching SOI on NBC. Enjoyed most of the programs except for Jennifer Robinson who is definitely the weakest link. She still has trouble with the triple jumps like she did in competition. I think Jeff Buttle's disco inspired program was the best along with Todd Eldredge who still has most of his jumps. Sasha was pretty good, but I would like her to attempt some other triples to prove she can still do a 3lutz or 3flip.

Last edited:

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
I saw some of the show on NBC. Sasha has definately grown some curves, but she landed her jumps. I don't doubt that she's trying to get into competition shape. They only showed about 30 seconds of her program with the wings.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
It was a good show. John Zimmerman was hiding himself skating pairs, he is quite good as a solo skater. I did not like S/Z disco number at all.

skamper23

Medalist
Sasha with the wings is only a transition number...that was all she did. Today's show was shown out of order that it was originally done in Lake Placid, but only those who were there would know that. Sasha came out after Jen Robinson's number and when Sasha finished her transition D/L came out for their 1st program(which wasn't shown today)

I thought they did a great job with the broadcast, compared to the last few years! Glad the major group numbers were shown!

Last edited:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Thanks for this. I saw most of the show today on tv; however, I missed Jeff (darn!). Really enjoyed the rest of the program though...