Statistics for fun : 2015-2016 GP Series | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Statistics for fun : 2015-2016 GP Series

MixedFruit

Spectator
Yuzuru's 3F at Skate Canada also got 1.4 GOE, the same as Patrick's. But the 3F is in the first half of the program, so the BV is not as high. Not sure if that counts in your list.

Oops. Sorry, I forgot to add that I took the jump with a higher total score(bv+goe) when there are jumps with the same goe. So, GOEs are taken into account first, then if same GOE, total scores are considered. There were a few cases of it.

The 3loop+3toe has more base value than the 3lutz+3toe? I think its wrong or maybe its on the 2nd half of program.

Yep, it was in the second half.

MixedFruit

Spectator
Probably second half. 3Lz+3T is 10.3 and 3Lo+3T is 9.4. Also, this 3T BV increase has things all screwed up. I just noticed 3F+3Lo is worth only 0.1 points more than 3Lz+3T??? (i.e. essentially the SAME) ***???

Yes, 3X+3Lo combinations are not really advantageous since the BV of 3T increased. Mao and Daisuke Murakami are the only two skaters who tried the combination jump this season so far. (Daisuke did a 3Lz(!)+3Lo, which unfortunately isn't listed here because of !)

3dsushi

On the Ice
Probably second half. 3Lz+3T is 10.3 and 3Lo+3T is 9.4. Also, this 3T BV increase has things all screwed up. I just noticed 3F+3Lo is worth only 0.1 points more than 3Lz+3T??? (i.e. essentially the SAME) ***???
That's why it's easier and safer to do the 3Lz+3To than 3F+3Lo. It has the same BV and the loop tends to underrotate the jumps.

MIM

Medalist
WOW!! the stats are impressive! there is even a link to view.:bow:
Thanks to you, I am not only enjoying the interesting figures, but also re-living the fabulous GP moments! Really appreciate it!

Also, you gave me some ideas how to play the notorious GPF prediction game. Thank you! :cool:

Last edited:

QuadThrow

Medalist
Thank you so much. That is one of the best posts I have ever seen.

Some thoughts concerning pairs:

3FTh Sui/Han: maximum!
3Tw4 Tarasova/Morozov: nearly maximum

These throws are so great, that they do not need the Quad.

It is a bit ironic that wang/wang achieved the highest TES in the short. No top-pair wenn clean so far!

Rissa

Record Breaker
Overall Dance scores are so close... And it looks like the Shibs may have chance to win which pleases me enormously.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
It is a bit ironic that wang/wang achieved the highest TES in the short.

And that Chock & Bates earned the highest score and TES for an SD program that was 2-3 weeks old. A good reason not to overestimate the importance of scores across competitions.

Leonardo

Final Flight
Jealous much? Her lutz was okay edge-side.

No? Medvedeva is a chronic flutzer since her first junior season. Her lutz technique didn't change, but she's not getting calls this season, god knows why (can't understand 67 pcs either, but anyway). Unfortunately some chronic flutzers get calls everytime (Asada), and some get away with it many times(yulia and adelina, for example).

Last edited:

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Oh, no. She has a flutz. She may as well be called Evgenia Flutzedeva. No "!". It's a hardcore "e" flutz.

Watch her SA free program - at best it could be !

Edit: okay, I'll try to watch it in slow motion. I could be wrong, after all:eek:hwell: Full speed her jump looks well..

Last edited:

andyjo24

Medalist
Evgenia's Lutz GOE is basically Yuna Kim level. I just can't believe how a flutz like hers is on the same level as Yunas Lutz...

princessalica

Final Flight
Since some of the skaters don't have a second free skate score, I did some stats on my own

Ideal score - combines best free and best short the top five are 200+
LAdies

1. Elena Radinova 211.32
2. Gracie Gold 210.73
3. Evgenia Medvedeva 210.64
4. Satoka Miyahara 203.11
5. Ashley Wagner 202.52

190-200
6. Mao Asada 197.48
7. Rika Hongo 195.76

180-190

8. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva 189.83
9. Karen Chen 187.16
10. Adelina Sotnikova 185.11
11. Anna Pogorilaya 184.16
12. Polina Edmunds 183.20
13. Courtney Hicks 183.12

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Evgenia's Lutz GOE is basically Yuna Kim level. I just can't believe how a flutz like hers is on the same level as Yunas Lutz...

Yuna's toe hammer Lutz?? Overrated. But at least it's a true Lutz.

Last edited: