Tarasova's Commentary | Golden Skate

Tarasova's Commentary

BounceAround

On the Ice
This is a long shot, but does anyone know of a blog/Youtube channel/etc. where Tarasova's skating commentary is translated into English? I'm always interested to understand what she says!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank heavens for the Russian stream, but I don't care what she's saying, the way she talks talks talks talks through everything...:bang:

I would like a program that mutes her commentary.;) And Tara's for that matter.....

TryMeLater

On the Ice
Thank heavens for the Russian stream, but I don't care what she's saying, the way she talks talks talks talks through everything...:bang:

I would like a program that mutes her commentary.;) And Tara's for that matter.....

Actually Tarasova usually doesn't talk through (good :)) performances.
There was a thread here with some translations.
She's also quite honest - for example during Tessa's and Scott's SD in worlds Grishin asked her opinion on the fact that Tessa skates mostly on 2 feet for 1:18.
She replied that it's not true...fairytales told by our team...Lies. They can't find anything wrong so they make stuff up.

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She's also quite honest - for example during Tessa's and Scott's SD in worlds Grishin asked her opinion on the fact that Tessa skates mostly on 2 feet for 1:18.
She replied that it's not true...fairytales told by our team...Lies. They can't find anything wrong so they make stuff up.

I do not doubt that she is a knowledgeable commentator.

I think the problem may be that TAT and I may disagree on what is a good performance.;) So I would like to option to judge for myself absent non-stop chatter.

labgoat

Now updating the 6.0 rewatches with new videos
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

What! fake news in figure skating too? Please don't let this be a trend...