Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 168 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

Arawen

Final Flight
Actually, I don't think he knows it or rather doesn't care, or how would you explain sporting that remarkable haircut during the Olympics if he cared about his appearance :)
Well that´s kinda the point with these captions, they´re not always accurate with what´s actually said in the picture ;)

Alba

Record Breaker
Oh no, trust me, I'm definitely familiar with Cuba......and that's why I'm not familiar with anyone ever going there for a VACATION. I'm sure that someone here can fill me in though :)

What do you mean you are not familiar with anyone ever going for a Vacation there? Where are you from?
Cuba is very popular destination for a Vacation, at least here in Italy and in Europe in general.

annafer

On the Ice
What do you mean you are not familiar with anyone ever going for a Vacation there? Where are you from?
Cuba is very popular destination for a Vacation, at least here in Italy and in Europe in general.
It was explained a few posts later that Cuba isn't such a popular place for US residents and that's why mttvonice said that.

This is totally off topic, but here's another Russian skater who shows his love more than his significant other does, kinda like Maxim. I think the ladies are just a bit more cerebral when it comes to that:
http://instagram.com/p/nyxiL3HWRw/

gabifazio

Rinkside
And I think the lack of photos is probably a mixture of their tiredness and the momentary time in Cuba.
It's like 5 in the morning I think and no one wants to get upthat early on their holidays. I'm sure we'll see some photos soon :yes:

Yes, If I was them I would like to sleep a lot, I mean they had like 14 hours (?) flight, after a long long tour, they probably are super tired and there is the jat lag.
I would love to have vacations in Cuba and I'm from Brazil, we have beatiful beaches here, but Cuba's beaches it's like a paradise

orangella96

Final Flight
I would love to have vacations in Cuba and I'm from Brazil, we have beatiful beaches here, but Cuba's beaches it's like a paradise

Yes, I live near a beach as well, but it's the Baltic Sea and most of the time it's way too cold to swim in there :laugh:
And yes the flight must've been at least 12 hours. I would've slept there as well, probably ;)

Alba

Record Breaker
It was explained a few posts later that Cuba isn't such a popular place for US residents and that's why mttvonice said that.

I was very surprised that he/she thought Cuba was not a vacation destination, that's all. I don't know if mttvonice is US resident that's why I asked. Anyway, I had no idea that US residents, I mean "normal people", would have any problem going to Cuba on Vacation but I guess they will not feel "safe". I don't know if it's because of the propaganda or is a real problem for them.

Lette

Rinkside
Hi! I love they went to Cuba for vacations... it's a beautiful place... I've not noticed that it's not popular for US people, otherwise in my country it's very popular, because your choices are as expensive or as cheap as you can pay for... Even where I live there's a lot of cuban people because many friends of mine went for vacations to Cuba and they returned with a cuban wife!:think: and when I met this women, they said that they only want to get out of there and marrying with a foreing guy was the only way... It's very sad situation for cuban people... we'll see if Ivan or Fedor come back to Italy and Russia with a pretty and young cuban wife :yay:

JCSKIZZLE

On the Ice
I was very surprised that he/she thought Cuba was not a vacation destination, that's all. I don't know if mttvonice is US resident that's why I asked. Anyway, I had no idea that US residents, I mean "normal people", would have any problem going to Cuba on Vacation but I guess they will not feel "safe". I don't know if it's because of the propaganda or is a real problem for them.

Due to government restrictions dating back several decades US residents are not allowed to travel to or spend money in Cuba. Mainly because of politics and the fact that Cuba is a communist state. Very silly. I hope to go one day.

Alba

Record Breaker
Due to government restrictions dating back several decades US residents are not allowed to travel to or spend money in Cuba. Mainly because of politics and the fact that Cuba is a communist state. Very silly. I hope to go one day.

I see now. Government restrictions, I suppose it's USA government right?

Sorry for the Off topic question, it's just that I was curious.

JCSKIZZLE

On the Ice
I see now. Government restrictions, I suppose it's USA government right?

Sorry for the Off topic question, it's just that I was curious.

Yes USA restrictions. No worries :) For now I can live vicariously through Max and Tanya when they get some phone coverage! ... Waiting patiently... Waiting patiently... :sarcasm:

Arawen

Final Flight
Is the phone coverage on Cuba that bad? I thought it was more that the data could be expensive. Oh well it's bad nonetheless.

gabifazio

Rinkside
Is the phone coverage on Cuba that bad? I thought it was more that the data could be expensive. Oh well it's bad nonetheless.

Well, let's hope that the hotel has wifi! I have no idea about plans coverages in Cuba I heard that the internet there it's really slow and the gouvernment controls everything. Last year the Cuban government increased the limit of the internet but only in public places, please, someone correct me if am Wrong!!! Some time they will post some nice photo of them! I'm really excited for that

ntk87

On the Ice
s, I like I said yesterday, internet in Cuba is very slow and in the most part of hotels, you must pay for wifi, and it is expensive.
The reality in La Habana, is that the people is very controled by the government, they don't want to speak about these themes when you ask them. And of course there are a lot of russian tourists because these two countries share political ideology.

skatefan02

On the Ice
Anyway, I had no idea that US residents, I mean "normal people", would have any problem going to Cuba on Vacation but I guess they will not feel "safe". I don't know if it's because of the propaganda or is a real problem for them.

Very silly. I hope to go one day.

I prefer honesty to always being 100% PC, but believe it or not, there is a difference between stating facts and your personal opinion and being disrespectful or outright dismissive of anyone else's rationale for having a different view.

While we're educating ourselves, it's illegal for anyone with a US passport to enter Cuba, with very few exceptions such as via an educational tour group. It's called "politics", not "propaganda". :disapp:

JCSKIZZLE

On the Ice
I prefer honesty to always being 100% PC, but believe it or not, there is a difference between stating facts and your personal opinion and being disrespectful or outright dismissive of anyone else's rationale for having a different view.

While we're educating ourselves, it's illegal for anyone with a US passport to enter Cuba, with very few exceptions such as via an educational tour group. It's called "politics", not "propaganda". :disapp:

Didn't realize anything I said was being "dismissive" or "disrespectful" by stating that the law to not allow US citizens to travel to Cuba is silly. To hope to one day travel there, if the ban is lifted, I believe is a 100% acceptable opinion.

annafer

On the Ice
I'm starting to think we won't get photos from this vacation, at least not while they are there. I really hope that I'm wrong though.

Looking at Maxim's plane ticket he had the window seat but Tanya was sitting on it.

JCSKIZZLE

On the Ice
I'm starting to think we won't get photos from this vacation, at least not while they are there. I really hope that I'm wrong though.

Looking at Maxim's plane ticket he had the window seat but Tanya was sitting on it.

I saw. Thought that was sweet since he'd be squished in the middle. I don't think we'll get any either and then a whole bunch when they get home :) either works for me! As long as we get to see them have a relaxing time.