Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 273 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

monwara

Rinkside
I used google translate on Max's interview http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/858352

He said that if SP score only for GPF, it's unfair for some skaters who did not skate well in short program. We have to wait and see the solutions.
But in my opinion (if I don't misunderstanding on translate), if all Grand prix are cancelled because of this....It's unfair as well. OMG we wait for their great return for along time.

Anyway, all situations are understandable and I'm so sad for all bad things happened.

Last edited:

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
It's so good to see that they managed to compete with much more control than in Nebelhorn - especially Max.

I actually thought their score was, somewhat, normal, because overscored they were not. And it's funny that people actually had to open the discussion about the theme of the program and how much or not Bollywood it is, because there's nothing to argue about the scores, let's be real. Happy for them, and hope they compete even better at NHK.

Nessie

On the Ice
It's so good to see that they managed to compete with much more control than in Nebelhorn - especially Max.

I actually thought their score was, somewhat, normal, because overscored they were not. And it's funny that people actually had to open the discussion about the theme of the program and how much or not Bollywood it is, because there's nothing to argue about the scores, let's be real. Happy for them, and hope they compete even better at NHK.

I agree. I was so happy for V+T. They can rest a bit easy as they did well in the short. if they hadn't, and no FP were to follow, they'd think about their errors ad infinitum and worry too much. Now they can be satisfied with their achievement and just await the next step, as all the competitors must.

Last edited:

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
I've watched the SP several times and it gets better and better. I love it! If pay attention to the choreography (especially the arm/hand movements) and the transitions, it's very intricate! It must be exhausting to keep up that level of movement throughout the whole program. I think this might be my favorite SP of theirs (even though Masquerade Waltz is so good).

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
I really like their programs too, hoping they do really good this season.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I've watched the SP several times and it gets better and better. I love it! If pay attention to the choreography (especially the arm/hand movements) and the transitions, it's very intricate! It must be exhausting to keep up that level of movement throughout the whole program. I think this might be my favorite SP of theirs (even though Masquerade Waltz is so good).

I had to bold just that little bit because for me it's the big difference between most of the other pairs I saw this season, not that a lot of others don't have good choreographies. I think you have to pay special attention to their faces because they emote a lot during the entire program, but the camera was kind of far the whole time. And I really liked their take on Bollywood because it's much more organic than what I saw in the past - Davis and White, especially, but you know, pairs and ice dance are very different.

firal

Record Breaker
Just watch CBC 's coverage for the event for Max and Tatiana. I thought during the spins that maybe Max could benefit from a color change in his costume? The white totally blended in with the ice and they were doing a really nice spin but it was quite hard to see (maybe just the camera angle since the background became white too and you can't see his lines).

kinoriH

Final Flight
http://tass.ru/sport/2454013

I've read that Tanya had heel injury and the doctor recommended her to stop practice for 2 weeks at least. I hope everything will be ok.
However, I'm confused that do they still join NHK trophy or not?

What I understood from the article is that she can't practice throws and she hasn't been able to do them for 3 days. Today they posted a photo on Instagram and Max wrote that they're working on their skating skills, so I don't think she will be completely off ice for 2 weeks.

Regarding NHK, I'm not very optimistic either. Maybe they're keeping a low profile till next week at least to see if the ingury gets better, but even if it will- the competition at NHK is tough and they'll have to skate clean programs on in order to win. Will 2-3 days before the event will be enough to work on throws? who knows.

Last edited:

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
What I understood from the article is that she can't practice throws and she hasn't been able to do them for 3 days. Today they posted a photo on Instagram and Max wrote that they're working on their skating skills, so I don't think she will be completely off ice for 2 weeks.

Regarding NHK, I'm not very optimistic either. Maybe they're keeping a low profile till next week at least to see if the ingury gets better, but even if it will- the competition at NHK is tough and they'll have to skate clean programs on in order to win. Will 2-3 days before the event will be enough to work on throws? who knows.

As disappointed as I will be, if they don't do NHK (and the Final) it's okay. Worlds is more important and they need to be healthy. But if they do attend NHK I think they've been together long enough that they could do the throws with very little practice because they're just that good.

monwara

Rinkside

Thank you very much for your explain. Their health is very important. I hope Tanya will recovery soon.

HermioneG

On the Ice
I'll correct a bit - Max wrote they're working on skills (in general :) - just that they are training)

Hope Tanya will be all right. Maybe there will be some more news after fan-meeting on Sunday.

kinoriH

Final Flight
I'll correct a bit - Max wrote they're working on skills (in general :) - just that they are training)

Hope Tanya will be all right. Maybe there will be some more news after fan-meeting on Sunday.

Thanks for the correction. I too hope she'll be alright. Missing the GP series again is such bad luck.. it was supposed to help them regain confidence and experience before euro/worlds.

btw , do you know if the fan meeting will be recorded?