Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 94 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

Loving Max's license plate on his windscreen :laugh:

And I found these really old photos of them : http://iogannsb.livejournal.com/1875455.html
I like the ones of them in front of the piano and the one where Max wraps Tanya in his sweater :biggrin:

I love her hair up!!! Also....What's going on in the fourth picture from the bottom....where is T's hand....? :think: (It's the picture where she's standing in front of him...but her left hand is like maybe between them?)

JCSKIZZLE

On the Ice
snowflakebeautiful I totally thought the same! I think it's on a side table. Looks completely awkward though. I do love this set of pics. Can't get enough!

Batsuchan

Medalist
I love her hair up!!! Also....What's going on in the fourth picture from the bottom....where is T's hand....? (It's the picture where she's standing in front of him...but her left hand is like maybe between them?)

I think she's holding Max's right hand--this is what they did on the podium during the 2011 Worlds medal ceremony! ;)

I am ROFL with you too, orangella96! Major fail at NOT being a love story in this photoshoot!

Welcome to our sports family, justastro! Like Mahanson34, my favorite photo in that set is the one where Max is about to eat Tanya’s shoulder.

Which reminds me…in the past few weeks, we have seen photos of Max trying to eat Tanya’s shoulder, bite her ear, and eat her neck! Someone needs to make this into a photoset!! :rofl:

OH, AND THIS GIVES ME AN IDEA!! Perhaps Max should be a VAMPIRE in one of their future programs, so he can pretend to eat Tanya all he wants!! :biggrin: I bet Max would be a really dashing and hot vampire (like Ian Somerhalder in "The Vampire Diaries")! :yes:

I mean, cutie-pie Elena Radionova (whom I ADORE) did a zombie EX this past season, so someone should do a vampire story, don’t you think? ;)

Batsuchan

Medalist
This is slightly off-topic, but I found a recent interview with Stolbova & Klimov, and it mentions Max & Tanya a bit (according to GoogleTranslate).
http://www.fontanka.ru/2014/04/10/146/

Sounds like they are good friends with Max & Tanya (which we knew), and that they want to beat them in a competition, but know that it will be hard to do.

I thought these quotes were quite hilarious though—such a big contrast to Max and Tanya!!

Q: By the way, Ksenia, your mother said in an interview that you have an explosive character, and when your pair just formed, Fedor was even a little afraid of you. Really?
Ksenia: - No, not a little afraid.
Fedor: - Yes, I'm still afraid (laughs).

:laugh: I think I would be afraid too! (Though Ksenia seems perfectly nice to Tanya.) There would be no way that Ksenia could skate with Max—they are both too hot-headed!

And this was quite funny to me:
Q: Perhaps you will soon vacation?
Fedor: - We do not know, every day something is changing, something is happening. Holidays are not yet scheduled.
Ksenia: - Best vacation - is the sea, sun and sand.
Q: Will go on vacation in different places? [I assume the interviewer is asking if they’ll go on vacation separately.]
Both: - Apparently, yes.

If I’m reading this correctly, so much for Max’s “excuse” that the Russian Federation made him and Tanya vacation together! :laugh: Though we all know THAT was a lie!

I’m just waiting for Max to be like, “Oh, the Russian Fed made Tanya and me share an apartment so that they could save money on rent!” :yes: :laugh:

Batsuchan

Medalist
Sorry for the consecutive posts--last one from me for a bit...

I still think it’s interesting that Max/Tanya continue to sort of deny that they are dating each other, but it’s their prerogative since it’s their private lives… :yes:

At any rate, here’s an interview with Nina Mozer after the Olympics, in which SHE BASICALLY CONFIRMS THAT MAX & TANYA ARE DATING. :clap: :yay:
http://www.sport-express.ru/velena/reviews/41613/

The translation by TAHbKA on FSUniverse is here:
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...er-The-coach-is-not-entitled-to-have-emotions

Q: When Tanya joined the group she was in a relationship with Morozov. Then the relationship ended and a new one began. As a coach do you ever mind your skaters' private life? Does it cause additional problems in your work?
NM: Adults often think they know everything and are ready for everything. That's not true. Life is unexpected and always surprises you. And you learn new things. As for the relationship between Stas/Tanya/Maksim, I was not quite a buffer between them, but always tried to stay neutral. My first coach Petr Orlov explained me the coach is not entitled to have emotions. If the coach will be hesitating the students will never fully trust him. So for my pupils I am first of all a person who understands them. No matter what happens in their lives.

:biggrin:

eli60056

On the Ice
Sorry for the consecutive posts--last one from me for a bit...

I still think it’s interesting that Max/Tanya continue to sort of deny that they are dating each other, but it’s their prerogative since it’s their private lives… :yes:

At any rate, here’s an interview with Nina Mozer after the Olympics, in which SHE BASICALLY CONFIRMS THAT MAX & TANYA ARE DATING. :clap: :yay:

The translation by TAHbKA on FSUniverse is here:
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...er-The-coach-is-not-entitled-to-have-emotions

:biggrin:

I think I understand a little why this denial/non denial and everything around it is a game of words for them. Dating means two people going out on dates but basically leading their separate lives. These two have said for a long time that they spend every minute together. We know that they live together. How could they date? They are way beyond dating. They said that they are like a family. And yet they get this stupid question from reporters over and over again. "Are you dating, are you together?" "Well, what do you think, Einstein? Why ask at all. We said we are like a family, as in a man and a woman family." Dating is a phase they were never in and never likely to be in.

Batsuchan

Medalist
I think I understand a little why this denial/non denial and everything around it is a game of words for them. Dating means two people going out on dates but basically leading their separate lives. These two have said for a long time that they spend every minute together. We know that they live together. How could they date? They are way beyond dating. They said that they are like a family. And yet they get this stupid question from reporters over and over again. "Are you dating, are you together?" "Well, what do you think, Einstein? Why ask at all. We said we are like a family, as in a man and a woman family." Dating is a phase they were never in and never likely to be in.

You make a good point, eli60056, they are definitely beyond dating--they are joined at the hip! :yes:

Reading the comments on that article, though, makes me think that perhaps they don't want to explicitly say they're dating, because then people might ask awkward questions about things they DON'T want to talk about--like their breakups with Stas/Sasha and how awkward it must have been to still be coached by Stas. And also, they probably don't want to give any impression that either of them were cheating on Stas/Sasha... We know from the documentary that he and Tanya were both "free people" when they started their off-ice romance, but certainly other people who haven't followed them that closely might get the wrong impression...like all those people in Canada/US (including me!) who thought Stas was Tanya's legally-married husband...

mttvonice

On the Ice
You make a good point, eli60056, they are definitely beyond dating...

I agree, and as Max said in the NBC Olympic "documentary", they are "more than boyfriend and girlfriend". For some reason, that sounded so incredibly romantic to me! I literally swooned when he said it :love:

To go along with something Annafer said earlier about wondering if a comment of Tanya's was referring to V/T's professional lives or private lives, I often wonder when I read certain things that they say about each other -- are they describing their PROFESSIONAL partner or their PRIVATE partner??? To me, it comes across as all being the same thing :biggrin:

I also loved the moment when Max had Tanya "blow out his gun" LOL! Did you see the way he looked at her while he was trying to get her attention? So sweet.

Arawen - I'm not sure if I was hearing sighs or not, but I agree that the sound of the skate blades was really loud in that video! Thought it was actually kind of neat to hear it so clearly. It really emphasized how quickly their feet are moving. Also, I think you had asked about when the "deserted island" interview took place. I agree that I think Tanya and Stas were already broken up, but I seem to remember being surprised at the thought that Max and Sasha were still together, because I think he had also said that Tanya would be one of the 3 things he would want on the island. Am I wrong on the timeline for that? ha ha

Thanks for posting that photo shoot again, Justastro. I love those photos! And it's pretty obvious that V/T wasn't a couple yet if you notice the placement of Max's arm and hand in the very last photo ;)

mttvonice

On the Ice
From the looks of Tanya's instagram, it appears that Dexter has gone on the road with Mom and Dad this weekend :yay:

Batsuchan

Medalist
I also loved the moment when Max had Tanya "blow out his gun" LOL! Did you see the way he looked at her while he was trying to get her attention? So sweet.

Max is so needy, LOL! :laugh:

Also, I think you had asked about when the "deserted island" interview took place. I agree that I think Tanya and Stas were already broken up, but I seem to remember being surprised at the thought that Max and Sasha were still together, because I think he had also said that Tanya would be one of the 3 things he would want on the island. Am I wrong on the timeline for that? ha ha

Here's the English translation of that article--I'm not sure when the original article was published, but it must have been sometime in mid-2011, so you are probably right that Stas & Tanya were broken up but Max & Sasha were still technically together...
http://tanya-maxim-fs.livejournal.com/45536.html?thread=416992

Thanks for posting that photo shoot again, Justastro. I love those photos! And it's pretty obvious that V/T wasn't a couple yet if you notice the placement of Max's arm and hand in the very last photo
True, but at that point they were AWARE that they had dangerously strong chemistry--that's why they asked that it not be made into a "love story" photoshoot! :yes: Yes, they tried, but in some of the photos, it's just hard to hide that cosmic connection! ;)

Batsuchan

Medalist
http://instagram.com/p/mqb4eLuVSH/
Max and Tanya on opposite sides?? What is going on?!! :laugh:

Totally unrelated--but I found this nice quote from one of the Canadian coaches, from after 2013 Skate America:
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2013/10/19/63159044/level-5-needed-for-virtuosos-volosozhar-trankov

The Russians were so near perfect (Volosozhar had a small trip on a connecting step) that Kris Wirtz, coach of Canadians Kirsten Moore-Towers and Dylan Moscovitch, could only shrug.

"It's beautiful skating, and then it's bracketed by the huge triple twist -- bang -- followed by that throw triple loop," Wirtz said. "You could take the lift out entirely, take away those points, and they'd still win. Take another element out and they'd be right in there. How do you compete with that?"

:clap: V&T are the best!! :yay:

mbdemeo

Spectator
His face is doing all kinds of sexy things, but I think it's just the sound of the blades scraping the ice! :laugh: Or maybe someone sighing near the camera!
If it were the British Eurosport commentators, I would say it must be them! :rofl:

Ha! I'm kind of flabbergasted at the commentary from the Spanish woman. She's saying how Tatiana and the coach had been the "boyfriend & girlfriend" and then wonders out loud if perhaps there has been a change in "partners" which would explain the distance in the kiss and cry between Tatiana and "the coach" the day before. She continues to speculate if maybe these two could be partnering off-ice as well, lol. I didn't think sports commentators were allowed to comment on that sort of thing during a competition? I thought it was more for journalists and we crazies on the message boards to discuss the love life situation, no? Then the kiss on the lips at the end which the camera replayed in slow motion as they were awaiting their scores. The last you tube comment on the video asks about that as well.

annafer

On the Ice
Which reminds me…in the past few weeks, we have seen photos of Max trying to eat Tanya’s shoulder, bite her ear, and eat her neck! Someone needs to make this into a photoset!! :rofl:
Also biting her arm
http://oi59.tinypic.com/23l1eok.jpg

If we look at all the interviews where they apparently deny it, they never say "we're not together" or stuff like that. They always say they didn't confirm it, that they're the best friends and so on. As for Nina Mozer, yeah, she confirmed it. 2 weeks ago she was even more straight when she said they're in wonderful romantic relationship. I think Tanya and max prefer to confirm it via people close to them or official documentaries. I wish the media would be smart enough and notice that and stop harassing them with those questions.
Here's the English translation of that article--I'm not sure when the original article was published, but it must have been sometime in mid-2011, so you are probably right that Stas & Tanya were broken up but Max & Sasha were still technically together...
http://tanya-maxim-fs.livejournal.com/45536.html?thread=416992
Tanya talks about Stas so I think the interview was done when they were still together, most likely after the 2011 Worlds, which makes it a bit weird that they would bring each other to the island. I like this quote: "If something doesn’t work, I’m upset and I ask myself why I can’t do it. Tania is calming me down then. At the same time, if she can’t do something right away, it is a tragedy for her, then I support her." He supports her, but she CALMS him :laugh:
I thought it was more for journalists and we crazies on the message boards to discuss the love life situation, no? Then the kiss on the lips at the end which the camera replayed in slow motion as they were awaiting their scores.
The spanish lady together with the Eurosport commentators are the best and most chatty, and they really love Tatiana and Maxim.

I have a curiosity, maybe someone knows. Stas is their coach that manages the technical elements, right? Is he also Fedor and Ksenia's coach?

orangella96

Final Flight
As I said before the media would still not get it even if they were havin a neon sign saying "We're in a relationship" :sarcasm:

If the interview was really shortly after the Worlds in 2011 it would be really weird that both would rather take eachother to a deserted island than their partners but who knows. ..

@annafer They share Nina Mozer as a coach but Stas is solely there for Tanya and Maxim :)

AECsquirrel

Spectator
Regarding the lack of photos, I think they are probably fed up with how crazy and obsessed everyone has been about their relationship. It should about their skating and their achievements. I wouldn't be surprised that they have been told to tone it down. They are individuals and perhaps the personal intrusion and media pressure has had to change things.
The personal intrusion must be exhausting.

annafer

On the Ice
If the interview was really shortly after the Worlds in 2011 it would be really weird that both would rather take eachother to a deserted island than their partners but who knows. ..

@annafer They share Nina Mozer as a coach but Stas is solely there for Tanya and Maxim :)
The interview must have happened pretty soon after the Worlds, Tanya talks abut Stas as her boyfriend. Thanks for the info! I guess there must be a different tech coach for the other pairs.
Regarding the lack of photos, I think they are probably fed up with how crazy and obsessed everyone has been about their relationship. It should about their skating and their achievements. I wouldn't be surprised that they have been told to tone it down. They are individuals and perhaps the personal intrusion and media pressure has had to change things.
The personal intrusion must be exhausting.
I also think they must be a bit fed up, but at the same time the fans they attracted after the Olympics were thanks to their great skating not of their relationship. A different issue is that there are some who bother them on Instagram asking why do they post a pic with someone else and not with Tanya/Max etc. Still, if you look at their past photos, it's not like the majority are of them together, they post many random photos or pics of themselves alone or of Dexter.

Here's the documentary that aired before their SP. For some reason Vimeo went crazy and blocked many accounts, including mine, so I uploaded it on dailymotion. Now maybe someone can tell us what they talk about in it:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1nrygz_tvmt-rus-doc-b4-sp-o_sport