Tatsuki Machida | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Tatsuki Machida

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

ioanna

Record Breaker
I just saw this small practice bit and noticed what looks like the end of Tatsuki's FS (just guessing by the music arrangement) where he is connecting an outside edge spread-eagle with an arabesque spiral and I think it looks beautiful
http://youtu.be/jt4fieGIchk?t=1m57s

Personally I am very glad he decided to go for complex step sequences and transitions instead of more quads because I think the programs are complete this way. A skating program has many other elements besides jumps (although jumps are unquestionably the most important point-getters) and I'm thrilled to see him taking advantage of them.

Also even if these are only practice videos, I can already see him having a lot of command over this powerful piece and I think he's definitely capable of owning this program and making it his own. He has what it takes and his music choices this season fit him like a glove.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Be still my heart! Tatsuki killed it today. Even through livestream, I could feel his intensity. He was on a different plane from the rest of the field. A stellar start to his season. And judging from the expression in his eyes in the Kiss and Cry, he knows, just has this self-confidence and belief.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Great to see you posting again mikaboo! Welcome back. :) Thanks too for the video link. That was quick.

Re Tatsuki's costume, it's good it has that bit of bling to distinguish him from Dennis. I was amused by the posts in the SA Men's SP thread on the similarity of their costumes. :biggrin:

firal

Record Breaker
So happy for Machida-san! He looked so confident on the ice, I think last year's results really changed his mentality. My live stream somehow froze at every single one of his jumps :eek:hwell: so I will be re-watching the program again for sure.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Machida was incredible at Skate America SP! :bow: I've slowly grown attached to him over the course of Olympics and Worlds... slowly understanding what people find so incredible about him... I know I posted here before claiming to be a "guest," but this time I might just have become a fan. :)