Team USA audio of pre-GPF media teleconferences (incl. Gold's) | Golden Skate

Team USA audio of pre-GPF media teleconferences (incl. Gold's)

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I'm currently listening to the voice record of Gracie.

Gracie said how devastated she can't go to the GPF due to the injury. She said about her injury in detail.

Some lady gave a somewhat straightforward but very rude question to her which made her almost burst into tears. Poor Gracie!
The questioner asked how Gracie handles people's gossiping on internet forums over the withdrawal like her injury is just an excuse to avoid the Russian girls because they're too strong. :frown:

EdgeCall

Record Breaker

Gracie said how devastated she can't go to the GPF due to the injury. She said about her injury in detail.

Some lady gave a somewhat straightforward but very rude question to her which made her almost burst into tears. Poor Gracie!
The questioner asked how Gracie handles people's gossiping on internet forums over the withdrawal like her injury is just an excuse to avoid the Russian girls because they're too strong. :frown:

It was not very nice to rub it in like that. I think it would be best for skaters to ignore the internet media altogether. They should not even read it. Most of the stuff is mindless gossip, disrespectful and sometimes downright cruel. The encouragement the skaters get from the fans vis-a-vis at the competitions will help them much more.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I've added the link for the Chock/Bates teleconference to the OP.

To play devil's advocate:

The journalist asked a tough question, but that is not the same as a rude question.

And I would argue that she did Gracie a favor -- by eliciting a passionate, heartfelt response that showed how emotional she feels about her withdrawal.

IMO, Gracie tends to be overly restrained when talking to the media. She tries so hard to give the "right" answers and to please the reporter(s) that sometimes she sounds rather robotic.

This question about the GPF struck a chord with Gracie that revealed not only her (endearing) vulnerability and humanity, but also her fearlessness and competitive drive.