Thank You CBC | Golden Skate

Thank You CBC

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Considering the fact, CTV is not covering the Worlds this year and good old CBC jumped in to "save the day" I have to acknowledge CBC ahead of time for their coverage. I just checked my on-line schedule and it looks like thirteen hours of coverage from Monday 22-Sat 27 of the Worlds!!!! Outstanding! I know their coverage will be awesome. I hope Barb Underhill and Paul Martini are the commentators. Wow. Thanks CBC. I better get a couple of tapes.

bronxgirl

Medalist
I got to watch a bit of the CBC coverage of the Sydney Olympics while I was visiting in Toronto. It blew away the American networks coverage of the games, and I've been quite envious of anyone who can get CBC ever since. American networks just don't "get it" unless it's football coverage (and that's probably because I don't really understand and/or follow it)...

eliza88

On the Ice
Lad--I NEED FOOTBALL! I love it love it love it!

I used to be with Comcast and had CBC, but now I am with DirectTV and it looks like CBC isn't in the channel line-up...hmmmm, my brother-in-law has Comcast AND Tivo, perhaps I can work something out...

eliza88

rain

Record Breaker
I am looking immensely forward to what looks like excellent coverage from CBC. Looks like a lot of it will be live or at least same-day. I'm psyched.

sk8er1964

On the Ice
When we swtiched from cable to Direct TV, we lost CBC too. However, I think I can get it upstairs on my son's little tv/vcr combo (Channel 9 out of Windsor), and if so I'll be a happy camper just taping away :D . CBC is always much better than American coverage, whether it is the Olympics or regular skating because they don't fill up the time with fluff pieces that we've all seen before, and they don't just give you the last 6 of the final round.

eliza88

On the Ice
YES!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited! On my quest to find a friend with CBC I have uncovered 3 good pals willing and able to either record the broadcasts for me and/or allow me their couch and viewing rights to their TV!!

I think I'll go skip around the block now!

eliza88

Matt

On the Ice
*sigh*:cry: no chance of getting CBC out in the boonies of Oklahoma. Oh, well...ABC for another year

Lucy25

Final Flight
I have wanted to get Direct TV, but I won't because of not having CBC. I will stick to my Comcast and CBC. I am looking forward to a lot of late nights next week! Is it possible that CBC is carrying the Ladies FP live Staurday? Broadcast starts at 3:00pm.

eliza88

On the Ice
Lucy--not to put a damper on things, but I remember a few years ago the CBC coverage was "blacked out" for the PREMIERE event. I think it was for Women's Gymnastics during the Sidney games (oh did my language go South!!). I think they also did this for some skating event. Hopefully this WILL NOT happen, but ABC does like to get its revenue!

For those that have CBC, can you tell me what the broadcast times are? And what events are going to be shown? I checked out the CBC site and all I saw was Figure Skating (Monday-Friday) 8-10pm--it said nothing of QR LAdies, Men's etc. Is this Eastern time? Inquiring minds want to know...

eliza88

Lucy25

Final Flight
eliza88 said:
Lucy--not to put a damper on things, but I remember a few years ago the CBC coverage was "blacked out" for the PREMIERE event. I think it was for Women's Gymnastics during the Sidney games (oh did my language go South!!). I think they also did this for some skating event. Hopefully this WILL NOT happen, but ABC does like to get its revenue!

For those that have CBC, can you tell me what the broadcast times are? And what events are going to be shown? I checked out the CBC site and all I saw was Figure Skating (Monday-Friday) 8-10pm--it said nothing of QR LAdies, Men's etc. Is this Eastern time? Inquiring minds want to know...

eliza88

I don't know what you mean by being "blacked out".

All the CBC times are local times, beginning with EST. I know I have seen a list of what will be shown each night, but I can't find it. I believe it is same day coverage.

Lucy25

Final Flight
If CBC is scheduled to show Worlds at a certain time, how can it be blacked out? Wouldn't it not be on the schedule then?

Antilles

Medalist
When some things are blacked out, you just get nothing on that channel in your area. You'll get a screen saying the program is blacked out.

Thanks, Antilles. I can get channel 9 from Windsor, too, LOL. The U.S. coverage doesn't start until Thursday.

MM

chania36

On the Ice
Here is the schedule that was summited to me one week ago:

Underhill and Martini are to be there

MARCH 22 - 23:00 - 01:00
MARCH 23 - 20:00 - 22:00
MARCH 24 - 20:00 - 22:00
MARCH 25 - 20:00 - 22:00
MARCH 26 - 20:00 - 22:00
MARCH 27 - 14:00 - 17:00
MARCH 28 - 20:00 - 22:00

So these are the dates and times that CBC has given to me via email. I was so happy to see that at least one channel would show us the World figure skating championships and that we the fans, would be happy to see it.

I am so desapointed in TSN and CTV that they would not cover any part of the Worlds, come one TSN and CTV, how can you not cover an event in that importances?

Oh well thanks to CBC that we will be able to see it.

ps: Maybe we should send an email to CBC to say thank you for broadcasting the whole event, without them, we would not have anything in Canada.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
chania36

ps: Maybe we should send an email to CBC to say thank you for broadcasting the whole event, without them, we would not have anything in Canada.

Right on!!! What a great suggestion. I watched a bit last night and am taping it all. It's awesome coverage. I can't believe it! Paul and Barb are doing a wonderful job as well as the CBC crew.

GREAT!:)