The 2022 Four National Championships | Page 3 | Golden Skate

The 2022 Four National Championships

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Fun programme from Margareta MUSKOVA / Oliver KUBACAK (SVK). I actually remembered it from the Junior GP's! (Boys, but that seems like a lifetime ago!)

Well, they are guaranteed at least a Silver Medal. So, you would think they would at least look a bit happier sitting there waiting for the scores!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Now, this is interesting. I could have sworn that I saw that programme from Barbora KUCIANOVA / Lukas VOCHOZKA (CZE) within the past week or two. But, according to Rink Results, their last competition was at the end of October, and it was an event that I didn't watch.

So, I must have seen another programme using the same music recently. And seen another partnership wearing similar costumes recently. And it must be messing with my head! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
If only Mark would not fell...

How many years have we been saying things like that about him for...?

I just got a couple of shocks.

Mark Magyar is only 31! With how long he's been around, I thought he was older. Say, mid-30's.

Also, Julia turns 26 a week from today! I thought she was still in her late teens! :drama:

Happy early birthday!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The live scoring is now working. And it says Liza and Martin have withdrawn.

So, I take it what @flanker said in their Fan Fest earlier in the week is still an issue - they haven't been able to get training together then due to being in different countries.

As for the two Russian girls skating for Hungary in this segment, I am nearly sure that Julia still lives in Switzerland (the previous country she represented). But I don't know about Maria, who we just saw.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
It seems there is really cold at the rink judging from the smoke coming from the skaters' mouths.

BTW it is not very covered here but on 23rd this month there will be short reportage on Czech TV so I hope they will explain why Liza/Marin withdrew.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Wow! All 5 skaters representing Poland are going back-to-back in this opening group. Only the first skater, Ema DOBOSZOVA, is not from Poland (she is from the host country, Slovakia).

I wonder if this was done deliberately. It seems too much to be merely coincidence.

By the way, there are only 2 skaters from the host country. The second is Alexandra Michaela FILCOVA, who is the last to go before the resurfacing.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, if anybody had nodded off during the resurfacing, that will have certainly woke them up!

I enjoyed that. But, time will tell where it puts her, and whether it is good enough to be the top Slovak skater going into the Free.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Gaaahhh!!!!!!! The stream got suspended during the skater I specifically wanted to see!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I said something like this after seeing her at the Warsaw Cup, but you don't expect a little ball of sunshine to be doing this sort of dark programme. But, inexplicably, it does work.

Pity about the fall before the stream got suspended. I wonder what happened when we were away.

Whatever happened, it mustn't have been a disaster, because she still takes the lead.

CaroLiza_fan