THE Perfect Skater.... | Page 3 | Golden Skate

THE Perfect Skater....

megenta

Rinkside
Also the looks of young Kiira Korpi (not that she's not pretty now : D). But if AW looked like Kiira she'd be super popular in the US also, I'm sure.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
My ideal or perfect ladies skater would be an impossible combination of Michele Kwan (taking into account her incredibly beautiful skates at the WC of 2003) and Irina Slutskaya (just watched her fantastic winning Free 'Wonderland' from 2005 again).

With the men it would be Alexei Yagudin, with the pairs Dimitriev and Mishkutenok (especially in their Free Skate in Lillehammer 1994 which got them a Silver), and with Ice Dancing it would be Davis and White or perhaps another impossible combination of D&W and Papadakis and Cizeron.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Two pages and no-one's said Plushy?!!! :laugh:

I'm not even joking, he is the King. :p

Yuzu's pretty perfect as skater too though. ;)
Perhaps it might not be safe to mix Plushy with anyone else :)

I am hoping to see a little of Plushenko’s passion start to show up in Serafima. Seeing him fly across the world to support and coach her at Skate America was a top moment for me this year!!

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
COP Era: Yuna Kim, Daisuke Takahashi.

Imperfection is part of perfection. It is part of being human.

For me, at their bests, they skate with their soul... they are able to deliver the music intention to something beyond: new, unique and very much their own. It is not just musicality, but the music became an integral part of the performance experience, not a hindrance. At that moment, they elevate the sport into an art form.

Certainly no shallow reading of the material like most of today's COP programs. An empty shell without depth and all about the surface, transitions and busy movements that are meaningless and merely distraction to lack of refinement and intellectual or emotional processing.

steiner

Rinkside
For women, it's Yuna Kim with Alissa Czisny's spins. For men.... Alexei Yagudin with Plushenko's longevity, tbh.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
DON't FORGET SPIRALS!! Spirals of Sasha Cohen/Michelle Kwan/Karen Chen/Mao Asada/Nancy Kerrigan/Satoko Miyahara!!!!

qwertyskates

Medalist
The programs and presence of Alina Zagitova,
the sultry sexiness of Maria Butyrskaya,
the confidence and performance of Plushenko,
the carriage of John Curry,
the musicality of Jason Brown,
the SS of Patrick Chan,
the jumps of Yuzuru
the grace of Kostornaya
the deadly striking precision of Yuna
the beauty of Sasha Cohen
the adorableness of Boyang Jin
the sweetness of Mao Asada
the maturity and level-headedness of Evgenia

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Plushenko's consistency, perfromance, diversity, humour, jumps, the quality of his almost all performances, speed, longevity, connection with the audience, showmanship, acting ability, masculinity with Lambiel's spins.

temadd

Final Flight
Ashley Wagner with Alyssa Czisny's spins and the consistency of Evgenia's jumps.

FSLover17

On the Ice
It would have to be a lady with:
the solo jumps of Karen Chen
the combos of Yuna Kim
the step sequences of Mao Asada
the spins of Alissa Czisny
the passion of Elena Radionova
the programs of Wakaba Higuchi
the spirals of Sasha Cohen
the presence of Michelle Kwan
the delicacy of Satoko Miyahara
the thoughtfulness of Yulia Lipnitskaya
and the mental toughness of Evgenia Medvedeva
So, basically a mix of all the best ladies skaters!

mrrice

Record Breaker
If I could blend my 2 favorite skaters, I think they'd be the greatest skater in history. Plushy and Patrick Chan. They're already hall of famers but, if they were blended together......I can't even imagine it.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think someone needs to include the choreography of Akiko Suzuki into their perfect skater :)

withwings

On the Ice
COP Era: Yuna Kim, Daisuke Takahashi.

Imperfection is part of perfection. It is part of being human.

For me, at their bests, they skate with their soul... they are able to deliver the music intention to something beyond: new, unique and very much their own. It is not just musicality, but the music an integral of the performance, not a hindrance. At that moment, they elevate the sport into an art form.

Certainly no shallow reading of the material like most of today's COP requirements. An empty shell without depth and all about the surface, transitions and busy movements that are meaningless and merely distraction to lack of refinement and intellectual or emotional processing.

......perfectly said! thank you!
I dare add to your list Tatsuki Matchida. Not because of some particular skills-unfortunately, i am not a skating professional to evaluate the skills!- but because he had it all, especially his Beethoven interpretation

minze

Medalist
Combine Mao Asada, Carolina Kostner and Yuna Kim and you have the perfect skater

Asada's musicality and step sequence
Kostner skating skills
Yuna Kim jumping technique and consistency

mrrice

Record Breaker
Plushenko's consistency, perfromance, diversity, humour, jumps, the quality of his almost all performances, speed, longevity, connection with the audience, showmanship, acting ability, masculinity with Lambiel's spins.

Plushy was and IS, very good to his fans. He's sweet as candy and I think that's why he's still so popular.....He doesn't really need blending because he has every quality. Other than Patrick, I think I'd blend him with a friend of his, Emanuel Sandhu. Why....I don't know, I just love them both.

Basho

Rinkside
Her step sequence and passion is one of the kind. :love: Everybody is always talking about Rach2 but step sequence of Masquerade Waltz had real wow factor. I guess if Mao had better jumping technique on her toe jumps she would be my perfect skater.

I just rewatched it and omg what a glorious,
joyous skate. She loved her fans and for her, you could see, it was a shared victory. I love Mao so much I could cry!