The Press Conference | Page 2 | Golden Skate

The Press Conference

Lanie

On the Ice
I'm not a big Michelle fan but I'm glad she's doing better! That sounds horrible! All my good wishes and prayers go out to her. :rock: on, Michelle!

CDMM1991

Medalist
I can't wait to see her tomorrow! The pictures look great! So glad she's going to be premiering her short program tomorrow :) ... I wonder what elements she will do?

jesslily

Final Flight
It looks like Michelle has been working on some tricks to make points. The Y position forward outside edge in the picture wasn't performed by her before. It's a very hard position, but she did it at ease. I guess she must did lot of stretching or ballet to get that flexibility.

kyla2

Final Flight
She's Back!!!

Well, take a look at that stretched postion you all!!!!!!!!! They can have the Biellman, I just love that move. I am thrilled she is able to practice and thrilled she will be at Marshall's. I hope the pain is bearable and doesn't get worse. You go Michelle!

flowjo35

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
Wow, Wow, Wow. She's back although not completely. The practice is very limited so we can not expect too much in the way of tech. But oh, if she gives one of those heart rendering performance of yore.:love: yeah! the tech can go down the drain for all I care.

Will she win? Who cares? Will she win Nats? No matter. It's been too long a time since there has been a Kween on the ice.

I'm not interested in the telephone call ins. I just want to see all of them do their thing before Nats.

Seems like that snowstorm which we got in New York cut into air travel.

Joe

Joe I agree we should not expect much in the way of tech. We might not see the full version of her program, but just to see her on the ice is enough for me. I know a lot of us stated that she was probably using this as a way to get back in front of an audience, which is what I think in one of the articles she basically states. My tape is ready to roll. Continue to heal Michelle, we have missed you.:love:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Hate to put a possible damper in here, but the popularity contest has begun already. The MKF is going all out to vote for MK tomorrow. So the rest of the skaters can just forget it as far as voting is concerned.

nymkfan51

Medalist
RD, who cares about the voting! I would bet if you asked all these skaters, they would say this is just a fun competition. I'm sure each skater's fans will vote for them ... and yes, since MK probably has more fans than anyone else, she is most likely going to get the most votes. Who cares?
Lighten up babe. It's just figure skating. ;)

flowjo35

On the Ice
Red Dog said:
Hate to put a possible damper in here, but the popularity contest has begun already. The MKF is going all out to vote for MK tomorrow. So the rest of the skaters can just forget it as far as voting is concerned.

RD you are not putting a damper on anything, Michelle fans will continue to be happy to see her skate after being out all season.:) I am sure if you go over to any of the skaters boards that are in this contest they are going to be voting for that skater not just Michelle fans.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She said "I thought my SEASON was over". Not her career---her season. Mull over that one.

LBC

On the Ice
I don't think Michelle's career would be over unless the injury prevented her from skating forever. I don't think she felt that was going to happen. She'd still have a pro career.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Yes...maybe MK is thinking long term. Her "career" doesn't have to mean her ELIGIBLE career...JMO.

mzheng

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
Wow, Wow, Wow. She's back although not completely. The practice is very limited so we can not expect too much in the way of tech. But oh, if she gives one of those heart rendering performance of yore.:love: yeah! the tech can go down the drain for all I care.

Will she win? Who cares? Will she win Nats? No matter. It's been too long a time since there has been a Kween on the ice.
:clap: I'm with you Joe.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
You wish.

How do you know? Very bold statement for you to make. Not that you think you can read my mind or anything, but whatever...

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
Mathman said:
Both Tim and Michael complain that the quad is not valued highly enough in the NJS. OK, fellas, now put your money where your mouth is. I will make a donation to the USFS Memorial Fund for each quad I see from the 4 Americans at Marshalls.

MM :)

:rofl:

heyang

Record Breaker
I believe that either MK or SC will win the popularity contest, just because they have much larger fan bases than Alissa and Emily.

I'll be out Christmas shopping at the various NYC craft shows tommorrow, but I doubt I would even if I was home.